Sign in   |  Join   |  Help

Pair the Beoremote One and IR eye (Join version) to control Beolab 50 speakers volume

rated by 0 users
Not Answered This post has 0 verified answers | 7 Replies | 3 Followers

jeffartik
Not Ranked
2 Posts
Bronze Member
jeffartik posted on Thu, Oct 1 2020 1:50 AM

I'm trying since hours to control the volume of my Beolab 50 using the Beoremote One. What I read is that I needed an IR-eye, so I bought the "last" version (With join button) on Ebay. Here is the model:

Once received it, I connected it to the MIC/IR port in the master speaker, and set my Beoremote One in Beosound mode. But with this configuration, I was never able to control the volume of the speakers. I checked the wires order in the Eye, all are good, tried to change the connection port in the speaker, didn't work.

- Does this "Join" version works with Beolad 50?

- Does the Eye IR I bought from Ebay is simply not working?

- The IR eye is the right device I bought, or I have another solution to control BL50's volume with the beoremote one?

Any help is welcome.

All Replies

Razlaw
Top 25 Contributor
4,097 Posts
Bronze Member
I think you have the wrong eye. I have a join eye like you show connected to my Essence. The eye connected to my 50s does not have any markings on it.

Beolab 50s Beolab 9s Beolab 12-3s Beolab 1s Beolab 6000s 2 pairs Beolab 4000s Beovision 7-55 Beovision 10-40 Beoplay V1 32 inch Beovision Avant 32 inch Beosound 1 (CD player) Beosound 3000 Beosound 5 Core Essence MKII Beoplay M5

Razlaw
Top 25 Contributor
4,097 Posts
Bronze Member
There is some info in this thread.

https://forum.beoworld.org/forums/t/35599.aspx

Beolab 50s Beolab 9s Beolab 12-3s Beolab 1s Beolab 6000s 2 pairs Beolab 4000s Beovision 7-55 Beovision 10-40 Beoplay V1 32 inch Beovision Avant 32 inch Beosound 1 (CD player) Beosound 3000 Beosound 5 Core Essence MKII Beoplay M5

leosgonewild
Top 50 Contributor
2,075 Posts
Bronze Member
The BL50 doesn’t work out if the box with the Bluetooth version of the remote?
crossbytje
Top 500 Contributor
192 Posts
Bronze Member

leosgonewild:
The BL50 doesn’t work out if the box with the Bluetooth version of the remote?

Exactly my thought!

Beolit 12 - Beolab 4 pc (dead now) - Beoplay H5 - Beolab 9 - BeoRemote One BT - Beoplay M3

jeffartik
Not Ranked
2 Posts
Bronze Member

What! That would be the news of the month for me haha. But I never saw any option to pair Beoremote One directly with BL50. As mentionned in this topix: https://forum.beoworld.org/forums/t/35599.aspx

"Note that, in order to control the BeoLab 50’s with the BeoRemote 1, two things must initially be configured. Firstly, the infra-red receiver (also known as an “IR Eye”) must be correctly connected to the Master BeoLab 50."

leosgonewild
Top 50 Contributor
2,075 Posts
Bronze Member
Seems it is not possible.
Mr 10Percent
Top 150 Contributor
So West, Its Now East
489 Posts
Bronze Member

Hi, 

I just checked the invoice for my IR Eye for my BL90s. There is no part type specified apart from "IR EYE for Beolab 90" and "Misc"

There is no join markings and there is no depression flex in the black strip (no clip button).

Essence needs to be in IR mode

BR1 needs to be in IR mode (Beosound mode)

Page 1 of 1 (8 items) | RSS
Beoworld Security Certificate

SSL