rated by 0 users
Not Answered This post has 0 verified answers | 3 Replies | 1 Follower

ruskiantonov
Not Ranked
16 Posts
Bronze Member
ruskiantonov posted on Wed, Sep 30 2020 10:48 PM

Hey guys,

I purchased a full Beolab system sometime ago from Frede. It's been an amazing musical experience, absolutely love it. However I'm moving places and need to down size my equipment so I'm thinking of putting the Beovox 5000 and cubes into storage and keeping the amp/tuner, Beogram 4000 and Beocord 5000. I'm really keen on having a wireless system and was thinking of picking up a couple of the M 5's. My question: is there a way to set up my Beomaster 5000 with a M5 wireless system? I know there'll be a loss in quality to compression etc, but the space efficiency and ability to stream music from my phone is worth it. 

Is there a 3rd party device that can bridge the two pieces of hardware?

Let me know, thank you!

All Replies

bwest1000
Not Ranked
34 Posts
Bronze Member

there's a new amazon alexa "audiophile" wireless solution, both powered and not powered.  they're 2-300 USD.  they appear to be like a sonos but slightly cheaper and work with the alexa device system built in.  all have standard RCA jacks on the back and toslink digital in/out.  you could also look at bluesound or just a little chromecast.  

ruskiantonov
Not Ranked
16 Posts
Bronze Member

Is this an intermediary for the M5 or Beosound, or is it a separate multiroom system all together? I'm really averse to using Alexa or Siri, or whatever. I basically want to put on a vinyl and have it stream through wireless speakers. 

From a youtube video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DAMcrTDe5As

it seems I can get a B&O moment and connect it to some Beosound speakers. Is this a good solution? Does it preserve audio quality to any significant extent? It's not ideal as it entails another piece of hitech hardware, but if it allows me to seamlessly connect my iPhone and Beolab 5000 to the speakers then I'm willing to do it.

madskp
Top 500 Contributor
Denmark
296 Posts
Gold Member
Could a solution be to connect the line out of the Beolab 5000 to the Line in on the M5 and use it as a wired speaker for the system. You would still be able to stream to the M5 wirelessly.

Not sure about stereo configuration though. Maybe another member can chime in
Page 1 of 1 (4 items) | RSS
Beoworld Security Certificate

SSL