rated by 0 users
Not Answered This post has 0 verified answers | 2 Replies | 0 Followers

mbee
Top 75 Contributor
Paris, France
1,741 Posts
Bronze Member
mbee posted on Tue, Sep 29 2020 8:58 AM

Let’s speak about interior design : I like to have a small TV or a total absence of TV in my living room. Currently, I have a Beovision 8-40 and a motorised screen with a projector for when I need a cinema experience (sound is 5.1, Beolab 3 front, beolab 4000 rear and beolab 19 to add a bit of sensations).

I consider upgrading to a Beovision Harmony 65 (with a new 4K projector to be defined later), but I’m not completely decided and the price increases put me a bit away of it. Note that the harmony 65 seems to show less black screen space when turned off than my bv8-40!

looking at projectors, I’ve seen that LG will soon release the HU810P, which has a full WebOS inside and wisa... so I had an idea : why not upgrade my 5.1 (or 5.0 as the BL19 is already WISA-ready) to Wisa and get rid of the TV (the projector being laser-based, I’ll not suffer of low lamp lifetime, and brightness should be sufficient for daily use).

so... is a LG wisa source (hello LG 65C9/CX owners!) sufficient to drive a 5.1 B&O setup or I am missing something??

All Replies

Millemissen
Top 10 Contributor
Flensborg, Denmark
13,435 Posts
Bronze Member

The WiSA function of the LG’s is very rudimentary (compared to what you have in a B&O-tv).

All I can say is, that I have heard noone, who has tried this, speak positive/enthusiastic about it.

By the way - if you get a Harmony 65” you maybe won’t need the projector solution at all.....of course depending on the size of your room.

MM

There is a tv - and there is a BV.

mbee
Top 75 Contributor
Paris, France
1,741 Posts
Bronze Member
mbee replied on Tue, Sep 29 2020 9:19 PM

Ok, thank you. 
Concerning getting rid of the projector, I think I’m not ready for that : I currently project with a 2,50m wide image, a 65 inch tv will never be immersive enough, whatever the picture quality (oled) may be... 

Page 1 of 1 (3 items) | RSS
Beoworld Security Certificate

SSL