Sign in   |  Join   |  Help

Beovision Eclipse in late 2020, New version coming?

rated by 0 users
Not Answered This post has 0 verified answers | 103 Replies | 4 Followers

MikkelMumbles
Not Ranked
8 Posts
Bronze Member
MikkelMumbles posted on Mon, Sep 28 2020 9:08 AM

Hi all,

I'm torn between buying a LG CX 65" with a Stage and buying an Eclipse. I'd much rather have a Beovision Eclipse standing around with the possibilities it gives me, and I could even keep using my Beolab 3's.

My main problem is, that I don't really wanna buy and 'old' Oled panel and be stuck with HDMI 2.0.

I already own a Loewe Bild 4, a TV that has only caused trouble and disappointment, since I bought the damn thing, so I need an upgrade that can last me for many years to come and be better than the Loewe. I do own a PS4 and will indeed get a PS5 (maybe even an xbox) and own a AppleTV. Will also need to hook up my turntable.

A B&O store in Denmark told me, that a new-updated Eclipse would surface later this year, however, can I be sure, that it'll happen? And if so, with HDMI 2.1 and maybe even a new panel?

Will appreciate any thoughts on the subject.

All Replies

Beobuddy
Top 25 Contributor
Utrecht, The Netherlands
3,864 Posts
Founder

Some already might have them. Spoke 1 dealer earier this week and told me that he was expecting this week the arrival. Talked to the other, who was on the road and expected the arrival today. That's what's they told me. So, exciting, for the ones who wants the 55' version.

Michael
Top 50 Contributor
Sweden
2,568 Posts
Bronze Member
Beobuddy:

Some already might have them. Spoke 1 dealer earier this week and told me that he was expecting this week the arrival. Talked to the other, who was on the road and expected the arrival today. That's what's they told me. So, exciting, for the ones who wants the 55' version.

Wow exciting! I’ve been waiting for years to see how this device will improve.

Beolab 50, Beolab 8000 x 2, Beolab 4000 x 2, 
BeoSound Core, BeoSound 9000, BeoSound Century, 
BeoLit 15, BeoPlay A1, BeoPlay P2, BeoPlay H9 3rd Gen, BeoPlay H6, EarSet 3i, 
BeoVision Eclipse Gen 2 55", BeoPlay V1-40, 
BeoCom 6000 and so much else :)  

MikkelMumbles
Not Ranked
8 Posts
Bronze Member

All sounds very interesting, but what does MK2 include? HDMI 2.1, CX panel etc?..

mawheele
Top 500 Contributor
258 Posts
Bronze Member

Since the only real benefit of the CX glass is for improved gaming - its actually less good than Eclipse V1 for movies - the primary development areas would be the pass-through of better sound support, eg. Atmos. But that would be a lot of dev work and I'm unsure they have the budget. But lets see. The shift to HDMI 2.1 will make it possible.

Michael
Top 50 Contributor
Sweden
2,568 Posts
Bronze Member
mawheele:

Since the only real benefit of the CX glass is for improved gaming - its actually less good than Eclipse V1 for movies - the primary development areas would be the pass-through of better sound support, eg. Atmos. But that would be a lot of dev work and I'm unsure they have the budget. But lets see. The shift to HDMI 2.1 will make it possible.

How would CX be worse?

Beolab 50, Beolab 8000 x 2, Beolab 4000 x 2, 
BeoSound Core, BeoSound 9000, BeoSound Century, 
BeoLit 15, BeoPlay A1, BeoPlay P2, BeoPlay H9 3rd Gen, BeoPlay H6, EarSet 3i, 
BeoVision Eclipse Gen 2 55", BeoPlay V1-40, 
BeoCom 6000 and so much else :)  

Nidi
Not Ranked
45 Posts
Bronze Member
Nidi replied on Sun, Oct 25 2020 9:11 AM

It will be the gx-panel....

tigerisak
Top 500 Contributor
122 Posts
Bronze Member

The GX and CX is the same panel.

moxxey
Top 25 Contributor
South West, UK
5,295 Posts
Bronze Member
moxxey replied on Sun, Oct 25 2020 11:09 AM

Michael:

How would CX be worse?

That's left me somewhat perplexed, too. I've never seen a review of the CX/GX where it's argued the panel quality is 'worse' than the old 2017 panel.

Also, if the Eclipse v2 has already hit dealers, wouldn't we have a spec leak by now? Little confused by this.

moxxey
Top 25 Contributor
South West, UK
5,295 Posts
Bronze Member
moxxey replied on Sun, Oct 25 2020 11:12 AM

Nidi:

It will be the gx-panel....

The GX is designed for wall-mounting. It's a so-called unique design which sits flush on the wall and the mount hides within the back of the panel.

BoboDK
Not Ranked
4 Posts
Bronze Member
BoboDK replied on Sun, Oct 25 2020 12:39 PM

According to a danish forum, the main difference are a new bracket between sound center and the GX panel. And a back cover for the GX, in order to hide the cables.

Guthrie55g
Not Ranked
2 Posts
Bronze Member

Hi all 

I have got a eclipse on order and told got to wait for version 2  can someone tell me if this worth the wait 

i had beolab 3 and told would not fit to new stage system 

moxxey
Top 25 Contributor
South West, UK
5,295 Posts
Bronze Member
moxxey replied on Sun, Oct 25 2020 2:28 PM

BoboDK:

According to a danish forum, the main difference are a new bracket between sound center and the GX panel. And a back cover for the GX, in order to hide the cables.

I wonder if I can take my GX 55" and use it with the new soundbar/setup? I bet not, but would be interesting if you could!

Sandyb
Top 50 Contributor
2,016 Posts
Bronze Member
Sandyb replied on Sun, Oct 25 2020 3:03 PM
moxxey:

I wonder if I can take my GX 55" and use it with the new soundbar/setup? I bet not, but would be interesting if you could!

I’m not convinced that an Eclipse with a GX panel can wall mount in the same way that a GX on its own can.

In other words, if the Eclipse 2 does / can use a GX, my bet is that it will still stick out from the wall by the same amount / in the same way that the Eclipse v1 does.

Which would kind of ruin the point of using the GX, for those like myself that like a flush fit to the wall.

Emil Jensen
Top 150 Contributor
Denmark
714 Posts
Bronze Member

Sandyb:
moxxey:

I’m not convinced that an Eclipse with a GX panel can wall mount in the same way that a GX on its own can.

In other words, if the Eclipse 2 does / can use a GX, my bet is that it will still stick out from the wall by the same amount / in the same way that the Eclipse v1 does.

Which would kind of ruin the point of using the GX, for those like myself that like a flush fit to the wall.

The GX would be used to hide cables. The power cable is not possible to hide on a CX.

Which would not look very good on a Beovision.

Beovision Harmony 77" 2nd Gen, Beolab 5, Beolab 17, Beosound 1, Beoplay M3, Beoplay H6, Beoplay Earset, Beoliving Intelligence 

moxxey
Top 25 Contributor
South West, UK
5,295 Posts
Bronze Member
moxxey replied on Sun, Oct 25 2020 4:35 PM

Sandyb:

I'd take my GX 55" off the wall, leaving the GX 65" wall-mounted, then would put the 55" on the "Eclipse v2 stand" (if it's possible). My view is, B&O might not even ship the panel and leave a dealer to drop in this component locally, thus reducing shipping costs, which would enable me to action my plan.

Only snag is, it's an expensive plan! And I have other priorities for the next few months (buying a new house for one).

Page 5 of 7 (104 items) « First ... < Previous 3 4 5 6 7 Next > | RSS
Beoworld Security Certificate

SSL