Not Answered This post has 0 verified answers | 4 Replies | 1 Follower

Michael
Top 50 Contributor
Sweden
2,425 Posts
Bronze Member
Michael posted on Fri, Sep 25 2020 4:23 PM

Hello friends,

Does anyone know the cost to change aluminium to brass, bronze or piano black for Beolab 50?

I also wonder what the costs is for the different fabric and wood options. Walnut seems like a new choice and im a bit curious about that. And also the piano "glitter" front.

Mine is silver, oak and black front but I want to change to either smoked oak, and/or piano black front. I am curious about the bronze tone on the metal as well but silver is also pretty nice. I just like change every now and then :). 

Beolab 50, Beolab 20, Beolab 8000 x 2, Beolab 4000 x 2, 
BeoSound Core, BeoSound 9000, BeoSound Century, 
BeoLit 15, BeoPlay A1, BeoPlay P2, BeoPlay H9i, BeoPlay H6, EarSet 3i, 
BeoVision Avant 55, BeoPlay V1-40, 
BeoCom 6000 and so much else :)  

All Replies

Sandyb
Top 50 Contributor
1,811 Posts
Bronze Member
Sandyb replied on Fri, Sep 25 2020 4:49 PM
Michael:

Hello friends, Does anyone know the cost to change aluminium to brass, bronze or piano black for Beolab 50? I also wonder what the costs is for the different fabric and wood options. Walnut seems like a new choice and im a bit curious about that. And also the piano "glitter" front. Mine is silver, oak and black front but I want to change to either smoked oak, and/or piano black front. I am curious about the bronze tone on the metal as well but silver is also pretty nice. I just like change every now and then :).

Beolab 50, Beolab 20, Beolab 8000 x 2, Beolab 4000 x 2, BeoSound Core, BeoSound 9000, BeoSound Century, BeoLit 15, BeoPlay A1, BeoPlay P2, BeoPlay H9i, BeoPlay H6, EarSet 3i, BeoVision Avant 55, BeoPlay V1-40, BeoCom 6000 and so much else :)

My dealer said the change to piano black was around 7k GBP.

I know.....
Mikipidia
Top 75 Contributor
1,593 Posts
Gold Member
It can be done, but I would seriously suggest buying them in the way you want them unless you want to change the fronts. But the alu isn’t all that easy to replace

New: Beovision Harmony, Beolab 50's, Beolab 18's, Beolab 17's, Beolab 3's, Beosound 9000 mk3, Beosound Stage & LG, Beosound 2, Beoplay M3, Beoplay A1, Beoplay H4 gen 2, Beoplay E8 3.0

Mikipedia on YouTube (finally Stick out tongue )

https://www.youtube.com/c/Mikipedia

Old: Beovision Eclipse, Beolab 1's, Beolab 2, Beovision 10-46, Overture 2300, beolab 8000's, Beolab 4000's, Beovision avant 32" etc. etc.

Michael
Top 50 Contributor
Sweden
2,425 Posts
Bronze Member
I can imagine that the piano black cost is higher as they are 6000 euro more expensive than the other ones that all are the same cost otherwise.

It’s very easy to change the body of BL50 compared to all other Beolabs actually. When the frets and side panels are removed (which you simply pull) the top and bottom circle is just fixed with a torx screw each. It literally takes about five minutes to carefully remove and replace each pad. The bottom part is trickier of course aa the speaker has to be hung or placed on a pedestal.

I’m not in need of a new body though on mine but the smoked oak is growing on me. Maybe my current ones can be smoked as well. I’ll check with a wood worker :).

Beolab 50, Beolab 20, Beolab 8000 x 2, Beolab 4000 x 2, 
BeoSound Core, BeoSound 9000, BeoSound Century, 
BeoLit 15, BeoPlay A1, BeoPlay P2, BeoPlay H9i, BeoPlay H6, EarSet 3i, 
BeoVision Avant 55, BeoPlay V1-40, 
BeoCom 6000 and so much else :)  

Beofile7
Top 500 Contributor
117 Posts
Bronze Member
Beofile7 replied on Sat, Sep 26 2020 12:32 PM

If you do decide to ditch the oak side please let me know? I may be interested.

Page 1 of 1 (5 items) | RSS
Beoworld Security Certificate

SSL