rated by 0 users
Not Answered This post has 0 verified answers | 6 Replies | 0 Followers

Austin
Top 500 Contributor
United States
124 Posts
Bronze Member
Austin posted on Tue, Sep 22 2020 4:17 AM

I’m sure this question has been asked many times on this forum, but I’m struggling to find a specific answer.

I just got a preowned eclipse and I want to get an Apple TV 4K and use the beoremote one to control it. Do I need any special cables or just hdmi? What’s the setup like?

All Replies

Hiort
Top 50 Contributor
Sweden
2,555 Posts
Bronze Member
Hiort replied on Tue, Sep 22 2020 5:25 AM

You need a hight speed HDMI and a cable for the PUC to transfer the remote commands from the Beoremote One.

Like this: https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/RJ45-STB-PUC-IR-Blaster-for-Bang-Olufsen-B-O-BeoVision-Eclipse-3-M-/132458102653

Livingroom: BL3, BL11, BV11-46 Kitchen: Beosound 1 GVA, Beocom 2 Bathroom: M3 Library: A6, Beocom 6000 Bedroom: M5 Office: Beocom 2 Travel: Beoplay E8 2.0, Beoplay P2

Austin
Top 500 Contributor
United States
124 Posts
Bronze Member
Austin replied on Tue, Sep 22 2020 2:52 PM

Thank you! Just ordered it. :)

Does the Beoremote One have to ‘learn’ the IR or will it just work? Which port does the RJ45 plug into?

kuyttendaele
Top 150 Contributor
593 Posts
Founder

Austin:

Thank you! Just ordered it. :)

Does the Beoremote One have to ‘learn’ the IR or will it just work? Which port does the RJ45 plug into?

You need to check which HDMI port is used on the back of you Eclipse and use the corresponding PUC cable towards the front of your Apple TV. 

The PUC cable will transmit the correct signal to your Apple TV, the BeoRemote just needs to be paired with your Eclipse.

Karel.

Millemissen
Top 10 Contributor
Flensborg, Denmark
13,439 Posts
Bronze Member

Per usual the ui will ask you, when you set up the source/the ATV, if you want to PUC control it.

MM

There is a tv - and there is a BV.

Millemissen
Top 10 Contributor
Flensborg, Denmark
13,439 Posts
Bronze Member

Deleted.

MM

Millemissen
Top 10 Contributor
Flensborg, Denmark
13,439 Posts
Bronze Member

Austin:

I’m sure this question has been asked many times on this forum, but I’m struggling to find a specific answer.

I just got a preowned eclipse and I want to get an Apple TV 4K and use the beoremote one to control it. Do I need any special cables or just hdmi? What’s the setup like?

Best do a factory reset, before you start - to get rid of any former configuration.

If bought from a dealer I suppose it is already done.

MM

Page 1 of 1 (7 items) | RSS
Beoworld Security Certificate

SSL