rated by 0 users
Not Answered This post has 0 verified answers | 7 Replies | 1 Follower

thorne
Top 500 Contributor
285 Posts
Bronze Member
thorne posted on Sat, Sep 19 2020 10:34 AM

Hi

Can anyone recommend a Bluetooth receiver for the A8?  I’m not sure what connection to use, and in any case it would have to have a wire otherwise it wouldn’t fit in the compartment, I guess

Thanks

All Replies

thorne
Top 500 Contributor
285 Posts
Bronze Member
thorne replied on Sat, Sep 19 2020 2:43 PM

Any thought on this. I’d be really grateful. I’m mainly wondering about how to connect it to the A8

thorne
Top 500 Contributor
285 Posts
Bronze Member
thorne replied on Sat, Sep 19 2020 2:43 PM

Any thought on this. I’d be really grateful. I’m mainly wondering about how to connect it to the A8

Millemissen
Top 10 Contributor
Flensborg, Denmark
13,449 Posts
Bronze Member

Basicly you can use any BT receiver.

You might prefer one, that comes with a L/R cinch/phono cable, since the connection in the A8 is made for these.

You might find one that could fit into the compartment - but be aware that the transmission range of BT is not big.

And you will need power for that too.

In case you have a functioning wifi network and are aniOS user, you could instead use the built-in AirPlay function.

Or you could get hold of the ChromeCast Audio dongle (now available as secondhand device).

This could give you a better sound quakity and range from the transmitting device/phone....

There are lots of options for BT receivers out there....cheap.

MM

There is a tv - and there is a BV.

thorne
Top 500 Contributor
285 Posts
Bronze Member
thorne replied on Sat, Sep 19 2020 4:46 PM

Thanks Millemissen

problem is I’m using the l/r phono sockets for something else. And yes, I use Airplay all the time but I want to connect an Echo Dot via Bluetooth. Are there BT receivers which connect to the mini USB socket?  I’ve also seen ones that fit into the original 30 pin dock, which I do t have any more!

Millemissen
Top 10 Contributor
Flensborg, Denmark
13,449 Posts
Bronze Member

Oh well, I am not aware of any of that kind.

On an A8 there is/was a lightning dock connector, which could be removed.

As far as I remember the plug of that was a minijack connectot.

If nothing damaged there, you might be able to plus something bluetooth in there.

MM

There is a tv - and there is a BV.

thorne
Top 500 Contributor
285 Posts
Bronze Member
thorne replied on Mon, Sep 21 2020 2:43 PM

I’ve investigated a bit and find you can buy mini usb to usb converters. I’m thinking if I plugged that into A8 and then Bluetooth receiver into the usb socket on the other end of the converter, that might work. Or pie in the sky?

tph
Top 500 Contributor
Finland
156 Posts
Bronze Member
tph replied on Tue, Sep 22 2020 1:35 PM

The USB port will probably power the receiver, but I'm pretty confident you won't get sound over the USB port, because it utilises a specific protocol with Apple devices for audio.

Page 1 of 1 (8 items) | RSS
Beoworld Security Certificate

SSL