question about Beosound Moment - DLNA(QNAP nas + twonky) artist covers

rated by 0 users
Not Answered This post has 0 verified answers | 10 Replies | 1 Follower

zzyu
Not Ranked
11 Posts
Bronze Member
zzyu posted on Sat, Sep 12 2020 1:09 PM

hi, my Beosound moment is running in Expert mode, DLNA server is QNAP NAS + Twonky server, i follow the guide : add a folder named BEOARTISTS, and place artist images (.jpg) inside this folder, image name same as the artist appears on the Moment. but the artist's tile is still deseperatly grey. 

Moment's software version 2.2.2.3900-2.2.31594, and i use iTunes to manage my music

how can i add my own artist images? thanks

All Replies

mbolo01
Top 50 Contributor
Louannec - France
2,010 Posts
Bronze Member
zzyu:

add a folder named BEOARTISTS

To be sure, is this folder part of the shared folder Twonky is pointing to for photo media management ?

BS Moment, BS Core, BG 4002, BC 4500, BS1, BL18, BL19, BL8000 + RCV1, A6, M5, M3, A1, P6 (tks Botty), H5, TR1

zzyu
Not Ranked
11 Posts
Bronze Member
zzyu replied on Sat, Sep 12 2020 2:38 PM

hi, i just set an example folder: MUSIC > ADELE(Music albums are in this folder) + BEOARTISTS(ADELE,jpg in this folder)  , and Twonky setting like the photo below, is this right

mbolo01:
zzyu:

add a folder named BEOARTISTS

To be sure, is this folder part of the shared folder Twonky is pointing to for photo media management ?

mbolo01
Top 50 Contributor
Louannec - France
2,010 Posts
Bronze Member

zzyu:

You should point the root of your photo directory to /Multimedia/Music so that the Moment finds a BEOARTISTS directory in it to look for artists' images.

BS Moment, BS Core, BG 4002, BC 4500, BS1, BL18, BL19, BL8000 + RCV1, A6, M5, M3, A1, P6 (tks Botty), H5, TR1

Lobster
Not Ranked
14 Posts
Bronze Member

Hi, the expertmode with my own artisttiles worked fine for several time, but now I have the same problem with my BeoSound Moment as zzyu for a months . My Moment is on the same softwareversion and I also use a QNAP NAS with Twonky Server. The Moment is on Expert Mode and the Twonky server is pointing to a folder which contains the folder with music files and the BEOARTISTS folder with the JPG Artisttile. The artisttile is named exact like the artistname in the BeoSound Moment. Twonky shows the exact number of musicfiles and picturefiles. But when you do a update of the collection or a Rebuild of the musicfiles in the Moment. It doesn't help. It still doesn't show a artisttile, but only a greyed out tile.

Who can help us fix this problem?? 

Thanks!
Lobster
Not Ranked
14 Posts
Bronze Member

Hi, the expertmode with my own artisttiles worked fine for several time, but now I have the same problem with my BeoSound Moment as zzyu for a months . My Moment is on the same softwareversion and I also use a QNAP NAS with Twonky Server. The Moment is on Expert Mode and the Twonky server is pointing to a folder which contains the folder with music files and the BEOARTISTS folder with the JPG Artisttile. The artisttile is named exact like the artistname in the BeoSound Moment. Twonky shows the exact number of musicfiles and picturefiles. But when you do a update of the collection or a Rebuild of the musicfiles in the Moment. It doesn't help. It still doesn't show a artisttile, but only a greyed out tile.

Thanks!
zzyu
Not Ranked
11 Posts
Bronze Member
zzyu replied on Sun, Sep 13 2020 1:49 AM

i tried as you suggested, the same result Sad

mbolo01:

zzyu:

You should point the root of your photo directory to /Multimedia/Music so that the Moment finds a BEOARTISTS directory in it to look for artists' images.

zzyu
Not Ranked
11 Posts
Bronze Member
zzyu replied on Sun, Sep 13 2020 3:05 AM

hi, it worked fine with your Moment before? Have you changed any settings or any software updated?I have never solved this problem Sad

Lobster:

Thanks!

Carolpa
Top 75 Contributor
1,566 Posts
Bronze Member

zzyu:
I have never solved this problem Sad

Normally (means not in Expert mode)  one would see a Album Cover from one of the Artists Albums.

A work-around for artist tiles:

1. create a music file (mp3) without music content ( not too short because it has to be detected by your DLNA server)

2. edit the tag of this file; set Artist photo as album cover; set the track artist and album artist as  the Artist on the photo; name the album "1" 

3. repeat for all artists

4. rescan your DLNA server

5. Rebuild the database of the Moment; you will see the photo's of the artists instead of album covers (or greyed tiles)

Note: Expert Mode (beta) should be Off; I placed these files in a separate directory "Covers" to be scanned by the DLNA server

mbolo01
Top 50 Contributor
Louannec - France
2,010 Posts
Bronze Member
zzyu:

i tried as you suggested, the same result

Did you perform a Twonky rescan post change assuming your Twonky server is configured for manual rescans?

Did you rescan, or even better rebuild the Moment library, after the change?

Did you verify with the Twonky User Interface that you can see the artists’ images properly?

No later than yesterday, I have performed a factory reset on my Moment to solve another issue. Post reset I have configured the Expert mode, performed a rescan and the Moment can properly leverage the Twonky based artists’ images.

mbolo01
Top 50 Contributor
Louannec - France
2,010 Posts
Bronze Member
Also, I never checked if the process was case sensitive or not, so I assumed it was. All my artists’ picture files are exactly matching the case of the artists’ name set in my music file.

Track “Album Artist” = Adele

Image file = Adele.jpeg

Note that the Moment looks for the “Album Artist” name metadata and not the “Track Artist” name metadata.

Page 1 of 1 (11 items) | RSS
Beoworld Security Certificate

SSL