rated by 0 users
Not Answered This post has 0 verified answers | 14 Replies | 0 Followers

baronvejrup
Top 500 Contributor
120 Posts
Bronze Member
baronvejrup posted on Mon, Sep 7 2020 10:57 AM

BOTF besøger i Afsnit 9 en gammel kending af programserien "På Besøg Hos"

Der er nemlig kommet en stor opgradering til hans setup.

Se med i morgen tirsdag d.8 @ 20:00

BOTF | På Besøg Hos | Afsnit 9 ish - 4 x BeoLab 90 + BeoVision Harmony

Find me on YouTube : Bang & Olufsen Teknisk Forum : https://www.youtube.com/c/BangOlufsenTekniskForum

All Replies

Aussie Michael
Top 25 Contributor
Melbourne, AU
3,690 Posts
Gold Member

looking forward to it :-)

kuyttendaele
Top 150 Contributor
689 Posts
Founder

Absolutely! I'l bring the popcorn.

baronvejrup
Top 500 Contributor
120 Posts
Bronze Member

Vi er LIVE 

Find me on YouTube : Bang & Olufsen Teknisk Forum : https://www.youtube.com/c/BangOlufsenTekniskForum

Curly
Top 500 Contributor
FL, USA
246 Posts
Gold Member
Curly replied on Tue, Sep 8 2020 10:07 PM

I don’t speak Dutch but clicked the link and listened (watched) the video just to see what was going on in that room and... HOLY COW.

Can anyone speak to why using BL90 as surrounds would make any sense from a cost effectiveness standpoint? Unless one listens to high-rez surround music, what’s the benefit here? Why not use “lowly” BL17 or something?

Amazing to see, thank you! What a dream!

Currently: BeoLab 17, BeoLab 18, BeoSound Core, Beosound Level, Beosound A1 2nd Gen, BeoPlay S8 Connection Hub, Essence Remote

Previously: BeoSound 1 non-GVA

Daniel
Top 75 Contributor
Svinarp, Sweden
1,625 Posts
Bronze Member
Daniel replied on Tue, Sep 8 2020 10:46 PM
Curly:

I don’t speak Dutch but clicked the link and listened (watched) the video just to see what was going on in that room and... HOLY COW.

Can anyone speak to why using BL90 as surrounds would make any sense from a cost effectiveness standpoint? Unless one listens to high-rez surround music, what’s the benefit here? Why not use “lowly” BL17 or something?

Amazing to see, thank you! What a dream!

It’s Danish (in Copenhagen), and at one point they’re talking about adding more speakers in the set up, and mention for example Beolab 50.
Daniel
Top 75 Contributor
Svinarp, Sweden
1,625 Posts
Bronze Member
Daniel replied on Tue, Sep 8 2020 10:46 PM
Double post.
Mikipidia
Top 50 Contributor
1,987 Posts
Bronze Member
Because you can i guess, there is no real point other than “moar awesome” Stick out tongue

New: Beovision Harmony, Beolab 50's, Beolab 18's, Beolab 17's, Beolab 3's, Beosound 9000 mk3, Beosound Stage & LG, Beosound 2, Beoplay M3, Beoplay A1, Beoplay H4 gen 2, Beoplay E8 3.0

Mikipedia on YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/c/Mikipedia

mikipedi4 on Twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/mikipedi4

Old: Beovision Eclipse, Beolab 1's, Beolab 2, Beovision 10-46, Overture 2300, beolab 8000's, Beolab 4000's, Beovision avant 32" etc. etc.

Aussie Michael
Top 25 Contributor
Melbourne, AU
3,690 Posts
Gold Member
Love the Teknisk forum and that it is in Danish, it is helping me learn Danish :-)

I did pick up that they were also toying with the idea of adding in more speakers.

And i wish the DJ every success with his setup. It’s a part of what he wants in his life and he loves music and it’s a marvellous set up, even if it is overkill for a lot of us, to him it’s not.

I don’t have the room for 90s and it’s unlikely that I would spend the asking price on them (maybe a car I would lol). I do wonder if his 90s were white whether that would make the room more open?

It was a good video and you can tell how much they’re friends that have a real interest in B&O, it’s kinda intoxicating.

Keep up the good work, HBV.
Michael
Top 50 Contributor
Sweden
2,573 Posts
Bronze Member
This looks insane! Too crowded and not necessary or probably makes sense in any way. Cool work the guy does though. Would love to listen to him perform and it probably sounds amazing in the room as well but those speakers deserve more room to play. Please tell he is just waiting for the house to be built 😊.

Or a fat penthouse over the waters in Copenhagen. I’d come any way from malmo to party there haha!

Beolab 50, Beolab 8000 x 2, Beolab 4000 x 2, 
BeoSound Core, BeoSound 9000, BeoSound Century, 
BeoLit 15, BeoPlay A1, BeoPlay P2, BeoPlay H9 3rd Gen, BeoPlay H6, EarSet 3i, 
BeoVision Eclipse Gen 2 55", BeoPlay V1-40, 
BeoCom 6000 and so much else :)  

Esax
Top 500 Contributor
314 Posts
Bronze Member
Esax replied on Thu, Sep 10 2020 9:11 PM
I’d do 6x beolab 90 if I could. That make sense if you got the bucks. Who would be the first to tear down a house with music?

Beovision 7-55 MK1 red, Beolab 10 red. Beolab 50, all black. Beolab 17 broken ice. Beolab transmitter. Apple tv4 and apple express 2.

politician
Top 500 Contributor
170 Posts
Bronze Member

My setup is not entirely dissimilar: a BeoVision 4-103 with BeoLab 90s upfront and Lab 50s as rears. Lab 90s as rears would be fun, though I can't say I've noticed any deficiencies in the surround sound department when playing quadraphonic LPs or 5.1 music.

baronvejrup
Top 500 Contributor
120 Posts
Bronze Member

Thanks Man..! Big Smile

kimchr
Top 500 Contributor
169 Posts
Bronze Member
kimchr replied on Sat, Sep 12 2020 12:44 PM

Great video, Thank you. I wouldn't normally watch a video this long, but I watched this back to back.

I have the sense there will soon be material for a third visit. Please have a talk about priorities with this guy. He complained about a 60k euro gear box repair on his Audi R8 and then he doesn't want to pay less than new price to have his speakers redone in rose gold!

Other than that he seems like a real nice guy that makes sound choices in his life. But really he should be arriving in a spaceship, not old-school noisy and slow cars like that. Leave cars like that to race drivers that never really made it in Formula One.

Maybe Porsche could sponsor him a Taycan. Or he could buy Tesla if he needs the thrill of 2.5 seconds 0-100 performance or an E-tron Sportsback with B&O Audio. All af them even park for free in Copenhagen City.

Jaffrey2230
Top 150 Contributor
Washington DC
514 Posts
Bronze Member

I really like your channel. I watched the whole episode!

B&O in my life 😊: 

• Beolab 8002 + Beolab 2 + Beosound Core with Essence Remote (Office)
  • Beolab 6000 + Beolab 11 + Beosound Core with Essence Remote (Bedroom)
  • Beoplay A9 Mk2 (Living Room)
  • Beosound 1 with wireless dock (Portable)
  • Beosound Balance (Dining)
  • Beoplay H95 (Focused listening, travel)
  • Beoplay H9 (3rd gen) (retired)
  • Beoplay P6 (Portable)
  • Beotime wall clock (hallway entrance)
  • BMW X5 50i with B&O Audio Package (Commute/drive)

Page 1 of 1 (15 items) | RSS
Beoworld Security Certificate

SSL