rated by 0 users
Answered (Verified) This post has 1 verified answer | 43 Replies | 3 Followers

beojeff
Top 50 Contributor
USA
1,894 Posts
Bronze Member
beojeff posted on Tue, Sep 1 2020 10:00 AM

I woke up this morning to see an announcement on facebook that B&O will be bringing back the Beogram 4000 in an updated form!

Answered (Verified) Verified Answer

Top 150 Contributor
504 Posts
Bronze Member
Answered (Verified) 1990 replied on Tue, Sep 1 2020 10:02 AM
Verified by RichardIII

Full text:

MEMORIES RE-MADE BY BANG & OLUFSEN
Some things change, other things stay the same. And sometimes, very rarely, you encounter something timeless. The Beogram 4000 series turntable is one such product. Designed by Jacob Jensen in 1972, the record player is beloved the world over by enthusiasts, and immediately recognizable as such.

Bang & Olufsen is running a pilot project that aims to preserve, refurbish, and reimagine some of the company’s most iconic heritage products. The first release will be the Beogram 4000 series with the goal of updating the turntable to a contemporary product, while retaining the original design intent.

Join us at 3 Days of Design and learn how we are updating one of Bang & Olufsen’s most iconic products for contemporary use, while maintaining the integrity and timeless spirit at its core: to share timeless experiences for future generations and the memories they make.

PROGRAMME

Thursday September 4
11am-4pm: Open House at The Audo
12-12.30pm: Beogram Workshop
4-4.30pm: Beogram Workshop
6-7pm: Moderated Design talk (Gavin Ivester)
8pm: Cocktail Party

Friday September 5
11am-5pm: Open House at The Audo
12-12.30: Beogram Workshop
4-4.30: Beogram Workshop

Saturday September 6
12.12.30: Beogram Workshop

More on the programme, here: https://on.beo.com/BeogramWorkshop

ABOUT 3DAYSOFDESIGN
3daysofdesign is Denmark’s annual design event. A showcase for you to discover and experience new ideas within the realm of lifestyle, design, furniture, lighting and interior design. The event features a curated selection of noteworthy brands from Denmark and abroad as part of our programme of events taking place all around Copenhagen.

Visiting 3daysofdesign this year does not require any tickets.

More about 3daysofdesign, here: https://on.beo.com/3daysofdesign

All Replies

Top 150 Contributor
504 Posts
Bronze Member
Answered (Verified) 1990 replied on Tue, Sep 1 2020 10:02 AM
Verified by RichardIII

Full text:

Some things change, other things stay the same. And sometimes, very rarely, you encounter something timeless. The Beogram 4000 series turntable is one such product. Designed by Jacob Jensen in 1972, the record player is beloved the world over by enthusiasts, and immediately recognizable as such.

Bang & Olufsen is running a pilot project that aims to preserve, refurbish, and reimagine some of the company’s most iconic heritage products. The first release will be the Beogram 4000 series with the goal of updating the turntable to a contemporary product, while retaining the original design intent.

Join us at 3 Days of Design and learn how we are updating one of Bang & Olufsen’s most iconic products for contemporary use, while maintaining the integrity and timeless spirit at its core: to share timeless experiences for future generations and the memories they make.

PROGRAMME

Thursday September 4
11am-4pm: Open House at The Audo
12-12.30pm: Beogram Workshop
4-4.30pm: Beogram Workshop
6-7pm: Moderated Design talk (Gavin Ivester)
8pm: Cocktail Party

Friday September 5
12-12.30: Beogram Workshop
4-4.30: Beogram Workshop

Saturday September 6
12.12.30: Beogram Workshop

More on the programme, here: https://on.beo.com/BeogramWorkshop

ABOUT 3DAYSOFDESIGN
3daysofdesign is Denmark’s annual design event. A showcase for you to discover and experience new ideas within the realm of lifestyle, design, furniture, lighting and interior design. The event features a curated selection of noteworthy brands from Denmark and abroad as part of our programme of events taking place all around Copenhagen.

Visiting 3daysofdesign this year does not require any tickets.

More about 3daysofdesign, here: https://on.beo.com/3daysofdesign
beojeff
Top 50 Contributor
USA
1,894 Posts
Bronze Member

https://www.facebook.com/events/365059607834407

RichardIII
Not Ranked
56 Posts
Bronze Member

I didn't see that one coming. Is it a hoax, or is it real?

beojeff
Top 50 Contributor
USA
1,894 Posts
Bronze Member

I tried to provide a link but it went into moderation. Here is the text:

BenSA
Top 75 Contributor
Durban, South Africa
1,395 Posts
Bronze Member
BenSA replied on Tue, Sep 1 2020 10:05 AM

Must be a hoax, as nice as the thought of a new turntable is. 

beojeff
Top 50 Contributor
USA
1,894 Posts
Bronze Member

The announcement is on B&O's official facebook page. So I'm hoping this might be real.

VANTAGE
Top 500 Contributor
88 Posts
Bronze Member

I have indeed seen this announcement on both FB and Twitter. Something is coming up, and it looks suspiciously like a new turntable: "we are updating one of our most iconic products for contemporary use, while maintaining the integrity and timeless spirit at its core". The visual used is BG 4000. Answer between September 3rd and 5th... Let us stay tuned then!

But if somebody has some details already now, he/she should feel free to share :-)

Current: Beovision Eclipse 65" v1 - Beolab 50 - Beolab 28 - 2 x BS2 (GVA) - 1 x BS1 (GVA) - Beoremote Halo - H9i

Past:

Beovision MX4000 - Beovision 3-32 - Beovision 7-55

Beosound 9000 - Beosound 5 / Beomaster 5

Beolab 6000 - Beolab 8000 - Beolab 5 - Beolab 3 - Beolab 17

VANTAGE
Top 500 Contributor
88 Posts
Bronze Member

Double post - Apologies

Current: Beovision Eclipse 65" v1 - Beolab 50 - Beolab 28 - 2 x BS2 (GVA) - 1 x BS1 (GVA) - Beoremote Halo - H9i

Past:

Beovision MX4000 - Beovision 3-32 - Beovision 7-55

Beosound 9000 - Beosound 5 / Beomaster 5

Beolab 6000 - Beolab 8000 - Beolab 5 - Beolab 3 - Beolab 17

BenSA
Top 75 Contributor
Durban, South Africa
1,395 Posts
Bronze Member
Top 150 Contributor
504 Posts
Bronze Member
1990 replied on Tue, Sep 1 2020 10:24 AM

VANTAGE:

I have indeed seen this announcement on both FB and Twitter. Something is coming up, and it looks suspiciously like a new turntable: "we are updating one of our most iconic products for contemporary use, while maintaining the integrity and timeless spirit at its core". The visual used is BG 4000. Answer between September 3rd and 5th... Let us stay tuned then!

Don't get too excited :)

BenSA
Top 75 Contributor
Durban, South Africa
1,395 Posts
Bronze Member
BenSA replied on Tue, Sep 1 2020 10:31 AM

1990:

VANTAGE:

Don't get too excited :)

Ah ok...thought it couldn't be a new turntable. Talk about dangling a carrot!!

RichardIII
Not Ranked
56 Posts
Bronze Member

I think this still could mean a new turntable in future Smile

My suggestions, for the consideration of the design team:

- Make the cartridge backwards compatible, so it also fits the old Beograms like 4500 or 5500.(it would be really nice if quality of new replacement cartridges matches that of the old MMC2 and MMC1)

- I suppose a reimagined Beogram would need a decent A/D converter, to connect it to current B&O gear. But don't forget a good analog output please.

Michael
Top 50 Contributor
Sweden
2,573 Posts
Bronze Member
It’s just a part of the design days in Copenhagen where people in the design industry meet up and share ideas and discuss and drink cocktails :). I’m going, maybe see you guys at the party on Thursday!

Beolab 50, Beolab 8000 x 2, Beolab 4000 x 2, 
BeoSound Core, BeoSound 9000, BeoSound Century, 
BeoLit 15, BeoPlay A1, BeoPlay P2, BeoPlay H9 3rd Gen, BeoPlay H6, EarSet 3i, 
BeoVision Eclipse Gen 2 55", BeoPlay V1-40, 
BeoCom 6000 and so much else :)  

Top 150 Contributor
504 Posts
Bronze Member
1990 replied on Tue, Sep 1 2020 12:12 PM

I hope this is the first of the "B&O Classics" programme announced in the last annual report.

Page 1 of 3 (44 items) 1 2 3 Next > | RSS
Beoworld Security Certificate

SSL