rated by 0 users
Not Answered This post has 0 verified answers | 2 Replies | 1 Follower

Gregg
Top 500 Contributor
Colorado USA
139 Posts
Bronze Member
Gregg posted on Fri, Aug 28 2020 4:46 PM

I recently added a BV7-40 to my Masterlink network, and attached an AppleTV to it. I use the AppleTV for video but also for Airplay from my iPhone to distribute music. Previously, with my BS3 with an AppleTV attached to "TV" I was able to distribute music. In the new setup, after many different experiments, I've failed to be able to play music from the BV 7-40 from either my BS9000 version 2 with the upgraded 2.21 software, or a Beolink Passive. Airplay plays just fine through the BV7-40 speakers, using the command AV, V.MEM.

The AppleTV is connected to the BV7-40 MK III AV1 configured for V.MEM (same as V.TAPE).

All units are connected to the same ML Distribution box, with the BV7-40 connected to VIDEO MASTER, the BS9000 to AUDIO MASTER, and then the BL Passive and a BLGW. The BV7-40 and BS9000 are both designated as Video and Audio masters in the BLGW. 

Option settings:

BV7-40: Video Option 2

BS900: Audio Option 2

BL Passive: Link Option 6

When I command the BS 9000 to either AV, VMEM, or just VMEM, it properly displays VMEM, and it turns on the BV7-40 into AV VMEM mode. However, no sound comes out of the Powerlink socket nor the TAPE OUT line from the A AUX port on the BS9000. The same for the BL Passive, whether I command it from the Beo4 remote, or press the MUTE button to turn it on after sending the AV, VMEM command to the BS 9000 separately. 

CD, A AUX, and Radio all distribute audio properly from the BS9000 on both the BV7-40 and the BL Passive.

I have also tried designating the AV1 input for the AppleTV to VAUX, to no avail.

So, any ideas on why audio from a video source on the BV7-40 is not distributing? This is a fundamental capability of Masterlink.

Thanks,

Gregg 

All Replies

Gregg
Top 500 Contributor
Colorado USA
139 Posts
Bronze Member
Gregg replied on Fri, Aug 28 2020 4:48 PM

Another note, if it matters. The AppleTV is connected via HDMI to AV1, so it is digital sourced audio. Masterlink is analog audio of course.

Carolpa
Top 75 Contributor
1,506 Posts
Bronze Member

Gregg:

Another note, if it matters. The AppleTV is connected via HDMI to AV1, so it is digital sourced audio. Masterlink is analog audio of course.

limitation of distribution of digital sources of the BV7 is the cause of no video sound (maybe it was solved with the evolvement to the later types, I do not know)

The next generation video system, such as the Beosystem 3, didn't have this limitation.

Solution: split the HDMI out of the ATV to HDMI + analoge Audio (RCA) with a converter. 

Page 1 of 1 (3 items) | RSS
Beoworld Security Certificate

SSL