rated by 0 users
Not Answered This post has 0 verified answers | 6 Replies | 2 Followers

zzyu
Not Ranked
11 Posts
Bronze Member
zzyu posted on Tue, Aug 25 2020 10:29 AM

hi,all,i'm new guy here Smile

how can i connect my beosound moment to beovison harmony and use the tv's speakers? the both devices are in the same network. now i can only use the multi-room function, the harmony tv can join the moment. thanks

All Replies

Fansastic
Top 150 Contributor
The Hague, The Netherlands
736 Posts
Gold Member
Hi, unfortunately it is not possible to connect the Moment to the Harmony / Eclipse and use the (attached) speakers of the TV. Only work around is the join function on TV when Moment is playing a source.

Also the Moment will not show up as a source on the TV, so you cannot start a session on the Moment directly from TV. You must first start the Moment and then join the TV. Also there are no presets for sound/speaker groups for the source through Multiroom, so you need to adjust this manually on Horizon also.

This also leads to non functional sound adjustment on the Moment. As there are no speakers connected, you need the remote / app to adjust sound levels on whatever is playing.

All this was possible until the LG TV’s (Harmony / Eclipse).

I do not think there is a fix for this on the road map, very disappointing and it is one thing on my wish list. Maybe, just maybe B&O will reconsider this as they have shown new love recently for the Multiroom / NL protocol on the Balance.

BV Harmony 65 / Eclipse 55 / BL 50 / 19 / 18 / BS 2 all brass

BV Horizon 48 / V1 40 / BL 17 / Beoplay S3 all black

V1 / BL 3 / BS Essence MKII / Beoplay A3 all white

BS Moment / BS 3000 / BS 3200 / BL 400 all silver

Headphones / bluetooth speakers / BLC NL-ML / BLGateway

I know…B&O virus has grown on me ! 

riverstyx
Top 100 Contributor
SouthWest UK
938 Posts
Bronze Member

If you first JOIN the moment, you can then program a My button to select this source directly in the future. Not quite full product integration but close.

I tend to recommend the BeoRemote One BT version without Netflix / Amazon buttons in this scenario as it has 4 my buttons rather than one.

zzyu
Not Ranked
11 Posts
Bronze Member
zzyu replied on Wed, Aug 26 2020 9:36 AM

thank you very much, now i know it's not my device's problem ,hope b&o can reconsider TV's speakers link with moment

Fansastic:
Hi, unfortunately it is not possible to connect the Moment to the Harmony / Eclipse and use the (attached) speakers of the TV. Only work around is the join function on TV when Moment is playing a source.

Also the Moment will not show up as a source on the TV, so you cannot start a session on the Moment directly from TV. You must first start the Moment and then join the TV. Also there are no presets for sound/speaker groups for the source through Multiroom, so you need to adjust this manually on Horizon also.

This also leads to non functional sound adjustment on the Moment. As there are no speakers connected, you need the remote / app to adjust sound levels on whatever is playing.

All this was possible until the LG TV’s (Harmony / Eclipse).

I do not think there is a fix for this on the road map, very disappointing and it is one thing on my wish list. Maybe, just maybe B&O will reconsider this as they have shown new love recently for the Multiroom / NL protocol on the Balance.

Seanie_230
Top 50 Contributor
UK
2,236 Posts
Bronze Member
Hi there

That is a great shame actually, so you don’t get product feedback from the moment on the screen like you do with the avant 55?

Eclipse 65
V1-32
Beosound M5
Essence MK2
BLI

Fansastic
Top 150 Contributor
The Hague, The Netherlands
736 Posts
Gold Member
Seanie_230:

Hi there

That is a great shame actually, so you don’t get product feedback from the moment on the screen like you do with the avant 55?

BLGW - Rekindling the love of ML

None whatsoever Sad

BV Harmony 65 / Eclipse 55 / BL 50 / 19 / 18 / BS 2 all brass

BV Horizon 48 / V1 40 / BL 17 / Beoplay S3 all black

V1 / BL 3 / BS Essence MKII / Beoplay A3 all white

BS Moment / BS 3000 / BS 3200 / BL 400 all silver

Headphones / bluetooth speakers / BLC NL-ML / BLGateway

I know…B&O virus has grown on me ! 

zzyu
Not Ranked
11 Posts
Bronze Member
zzyu replied on Thu, Aug 27 2020 10:04 AM

thank you,now i'm in the same way as you used, program a MY button to join the moment's multi-room, but still hope B&O can fix the BUG

riverstyx:

If you first JOIN the moment, you can then program a My button to select this source directly in the future. Not quite full product integration but close.

I tend to recommend the BeoRemote One BT version without Netflix / Amazon buttons in this scenario as it has 4 my buttons rather than one.

Page 1 of 1 (7 items) | RSS
Beoworld Security Certificate

SSL