Sign in   |  Join   |  Help

A big THANK YOU and a question for Beoworlders?

rated by 0 users
Not Answered This post has 0 verified answers | 22 Replies | 3 Followers

Steve at Sounds Heavenly
Top 50 Contributor
The cable workshop, Leics, UK
2,057 Posts
Gold Member
Steve at Sounds Heavenly posted on Tue, Aug 25 2020 10:11 AM

Hi Beoworlders,

I just wanted to say a big THANK YOU to all of the 400,000 viewers of my B&O videos! I never thought my channel would come this far! If you haven't subscribed yet, please click here to keep up to date with all the latest news, views and reviews of all things Bang & Olufsen!

https://www.youtube.com/soundsheavenlycables?sub_confirmation=1

So, the big question is: What topics would you like me to cover in my future videos please?

Kind regards, Steve.

Steve.

www.soundsheavenly.com

Founder of Sounds Heavenly Cables and Brand Ambassador for Bang & Olufsen

Sounds Heavenly are proud to sponsor BeoWorld!

All Replies

Mikipidia
Top 50 Contributor
1,989 Posts
Bronze Member
Congrats!

I need strategy videos, what is the best way to make my other half accept 90’s and the like?! Stick out tongue

New: Beovision Harmony, Beolab 50's, Beolab 18's, Beolab 17's, Beolab 3's, Beosound 9000 mk3, Beosound Stage & LG, Beosound 2, Beoplay M3, Beoplay A1, Beoplay H4 gen 2, Beoplay E8 3.0

Mikipedia on YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/c/Mikipedia

mikipedi4 on Twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/mikipedi4

Old: Beovision Eclipse, Beolab 1's, Beolab 2, Beovision 10-46, Overture 2300, beolab 8000's, Beolab 4000's, Beovision avant 32" etc. etc.

Steve at Sounds Heavenly
Top 50 Contributor
2,057 Posts
Gold Member

Thanks Michael!

I think you could teach me a lot about how to get my other half to accept more B&O! Big Smile

Kind regards, Steve.

Steve.

www.soundsheavenly.com

BeoFrederic
Top 500 Contributor
228 Posts
Bronze Member

Congratulations, Steve, and well-deserved. 

If you're looking for topics, how about a compare/contrast of the BL 4000 v. BL17s? 

Also (I think I've asked about this in the past, and may have missed your answer), how should one prepare for a speaker audition at a B&O store, and what should the audition experience ideally be like?  For example: should we expect the dealer to arrange to rapidly switch between speakers A and B?  Should we expect the dealer to compensate for volume differences between speakers A and B?  Or is this something we should manage ourselves?  Or write-off as a hopeless task Laughing   etc.

riverstyx
Top 100 Contributor
SouthWest UK
935 Posts
Bronze Member

I usually work on the basis that forgiveness is easier to obtain than permission ;-)

Mikipidia
Top 50 Contributor
1,989 Posts
Bronze Member
riverstyx:

I usually work on the basis that forgiveness is easier to obtain than permission ;-)

Honey, we’re not going on holiday for a few years as I bought some 90’s and I didn’t trade in the 50’s either as those are now rear speakers. Please forgive meStick out tongueWhistleBig Smile

New: Beovision Harmony, Beolab 50's, Beolab 18's, Beolab 17's, Beolab 3's, Beosound 9000 mk3, Beosound Stage & LG, Beosound 2, Beoplay M3, Beoplay A1, Beoplay H4 gen 2, Beoplay E8 3.0

Mikipedia on YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/c/Mikipedia

mikipedi4 on Twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/mikipedi4

Old: Beovision Eclipse, Beolab 1's, Beolab 2, Beovision 10-46, Overture 2300, beolab 8000's, Beolab 4000's, Beovision avant 32" etc. etc.

CB
Top 75 Contributor
> You are Here <
1,740 Posts
Gold Member
CB replied on Wed, Aug 26 2020 7:04 AM
Steve at Sounds Heavenly:

So, the big question is: What topics would you like me to cover in my future videos please?

Hi Steve

What about a volume control comparison ?

Old/new gear, full analog/full digital...

I think there was a thread on this topic here, may be started by Geoff Martin ?
Steve at Sounds Heavenly
Top 50 Contributor
2,057 Posts
Gold Member

Thanks guys,

These are some great ideas!  I do like the Beolab 4000/17 comparison, that is planned for as soon as I reach 4000 subscribers.... Whistle

Can anyone find a link to Geoff Martin's thread that CB mentioned please, so that I can check this out?

Kind regards, Steve.

Steve.

www.soundsheavenly.com

Robin
Top 500 Contributor
Nrw
107 Posts
Bronze Member
Robin replied on Wed, Aug 26 2020 11:54 AM
Hi Steve,

A comparison between old and new stuff would be great. Like what does the quality of 6000s nowadays compare to. Is it the m3, m5... pair of lab 8000s sound like the edge? And so on and so forth.

A different topic of interest for me would be Restauration of old‘ish speakers. E.g. I have a set of lab 1‘s which I really would like to keep as long as possible. Do i have to refoam them. Is there anything I can do?

And a last and short one. Whenever I want to listen to music loudly, should I start with lower volumes for the internals of the speaker to warm up, like a car which i want to speed up, Or can I just annoy my neighbors right away?

Thanks a lot and looking forward for the next episodes!
Steve at Sounds Heavenly
Top 50 Contributor
2,057 Posts
Gold Member

Thanks Robin,

These are some great ideas!  I am planning a few old vs. new speaker tests, plus a video on speaker listening.

I'm not the person to cover repairs or refoaming unfortunately, as this is outside my skill set, I will leave that so one of the repair experts to consider! Geeked

Kind regards, Steve.

Steve.

www.soundsheavenly.com

CB
Top 75 Contributor
> You are Here <
1,740 Posts
Gold Member
CB replied on Wed, Aug 26 2020 2:53 PM
Steve at Sounds Heavenly:

Can anyone find a link to Geoff Martin's thread that CB mentioned please, so that I can check this out?

I think it was in one of these threads :

https://forum.beoworld.org/forums/t/38012.aspx?PageIndex=1

https://forum.beoworld.org/forums/t/13400.aspx?PageIndex=1
Steve at Sounds Heavenly
Top 50 Contributor
2,057 Posts
Gold Member

Thanks CB!

Kind regards, Steve.

Steve.

www.soundsheavenly.com

mbolo01
Top 50 Contributor
Louannec - France
1,956 Posts
Gold Member
Maybe a video to demonstrate the beauty and the benefits of Beolink NL as it seems unknown to too many users.

Something like how to set it up on various hardware, how to include AirPlay as a Beolinkable source and how to distribute legacy sources such Beograms to modern equipments by a simple physical touch !

BS Moment, BS Core, BG 4002, BC 4500, BS1, BL18, BL19, BL8000 + RCV1, A6, M5, M3, A1, P6 (tks Botty), H5, TR1

Svenni
Not Ranked
Berlin, Germany
46 Posts
Bronze Member
Svenni replied on Thu, Aug 27 2020 1:56 PM

Like Robin mentioned, would be very interesting to heard how the old Beolab classics (or even some of the best of Beovox) compare to the newer lineup.

Beoplay A2
Beoplay Earset
Beoplay H6 (Gen 2)
Beoplay S3 (pair)
Beoplay S8
Beovox CX50 (2 pairs)

Beovox RL 6000

Steve at Sounds Heavenly
Top 50 Contributor
2,057 Posts
Gold Member

BeoFrederic:

Congratulations, Steve, and well-deserved. 

If you're looking for topics, how about a compare/contrast of the BL 4000 v. BL17s? 

Also (I think I've asked about this in the past, and may have missed your answer), how should one prepare for a speaker audition at a B&O store, and what should the audition experience ideally be like?  For example: should we expect the dealer to arrange to rapidly switch between speakers A and B?  Should we expect the dealer to compensate for volume differences between speakers A and B?  Or is this something we should manage ourselves?  Or write-off as a hopeless task Laughing   etc.

Thanks BeoFrederic,

Just working on a speaker listening video now, ready to post before the weekend.

Kind regards, Steve.

Steve.

www.soundsheavenly.com

Page 1 of 2 (23 items) 1 2 Next > | RSS
Beoworld Security Certificate

SSL