Sign in   |  Join   |  Help

Beovision Eclipse sound settings

rated by 0 users
Answered (Not Verified) This post has 0 verified answers | 6 Replies | 2 Followers

thorne
Top 500 Contributor
298 Posts
Bronze Member
thorne posted on Sun, Aug 23 2020 3:46 PM

Hi

Does the speaker group setting in the Sound section override the speaker group setting in the Devices section?  Why is there a general speaker group setting anyway?

All Replies

thorne
Top 500 Contributor
298 Posts
Bronze Member
Answered (Not Verified) thorne replied on Sun, Aug 23 2020 11:20 PM
Suggested by thorne

I hope I have asked the question in the right way. If you enter the Sound menu, there is a speaker group section, which indicates the start-up group. But in the source menu, for instance Apple TV, you can, of course, choose whichever speaker group you feel appropriate. 

So my question is, why is there a speaker group section in the general sound menu, when you use the source menu to choose the appropriate speaker group?

riverstyx
Top 100 Contributor
SouthWest UK
938 Posts
Bronze Member

The speaker group section in the sound menu is where you create speaker groups, you can then choose which one is used on a per source basis, or you can switch between these with LIST -> Speaker.

The startup group is also used as the default for any sources which are not explicitly listed in the sources menu. For example if you JOIN a source from another multiroom product.

riverstyx
Top 100 Contributor
SouthWest UK
938 Posts
Bronze Member

As such, I tend to configure the startup group for the desired music setup (usually Left Front and Right Front only), and create a new group for Video sources (including Centre Front, and perhaps Surround speakers) and configure each video source to use this.

That way, when you join a source from another product, where you have no way to configure the Eclipse to use anything other than the Startup group, it is already set appropriately for music.

Geoff Martin
Top 150 Contributor
Struer, Denmark
659 Posts
Bronze Member

thorne:

So my question is, why is there a speaker group section in the general sound menu, when you use the source menu to choose the appropriate speaker group?

You can set a default Speaker Group (and Sound Mode) for a Source so that it is not necessary to manually choose both each time you start the television or change sources.

The "Speaker Group" menu is primarily designed for customising the parameters of each Speaker Group.

However, you can use that menu to select a Speaker Group manually if you choose. (For example, my Blu-ray player is defaulted to select the multichanel Speaker Group, because it's often used for watching movies. However, when I use it to listen to a CD, I manually change to my 2.0 Speaker Group, overriding the default).

You can also manually select a Speaker Group and a Sound Mode directly using the Beo4 or the Beoremote One if it's set up appropriately.

Cheers
-geoff

Millemissen
Top 10 Contributor
Flensborg, Denmark
14,488 Posts
Bronze Member

Also - using the MyButtons on a BROne - you could have the opportunity of starting a source, that normally starts up in e.g. 5.0/5.1, in a 2.0/2.1 configuration.

MM

There is a tv - and there is a BV.

thorne
Top 500 Contributor
298 Posts
Bronze Member
thorne replied on Mon, Aug 24 2020 4:51 PM

Thanks so much. All clear now

Page 1 of 1 (7 items) | RSS
Beoworld Security Certificate

SSL