Any help or advise welcome

Ken

All Replies

Hungedu
Top 500 Contributor
United States
165 Posts
Bronze Member

About the only thing that won't cause streaks when wiping the anti-glare screen is the steam from your own breath and a very clean microfiber cloth. If your screen is really dirty, this can take a long time.

I once had a girlfriend who saw no buttons on my TV and assumed the screen was touch sensitive like an iPad. I must have spent several hours cleaning her fingerprints off my BV7-55 screen. What a mess!

BeoLab 5, BeoVision 7-55 MK2, BeoSound 5 Encore, BeoSound 9000, BeoLab Penta III, BeoLab 8000, BeoLab 6000, BeoLab 2, BeoLab 7-6, BeoSound 8, BeoTime (analog clock), Beo 4 remote.

JKW TAYLOR
Top 500 Contributor
Nederland
135 Posts
Bronze Member

Thanks for the reply Hungedu, but I have a problem with dust on the INSIDE of the screen.

I guess I have to take the TV to bits to get at the inside of the screen, but wont to know how to clean it so I dont get any marks.

Ken

seethroughyou
Top 100 Contributor
UK
954 Posts
Bronze Member
I bought the BS5 when it first can out and it developed dust under the glass. After a lot of emails the dealer offered to send it for cleaning. Weeks later it came back after a supposed professional clean with even more dust. I was pretty annoyed. I then complained to the dealer and he replaced it after I had to threaten to go to court. A year later the new unit started getting dust under the glass after promises from B&O support they had resolved the problem and developed a new seal as others had had the same issue. I gave up after that and sold it. It was a clever design, great concept but unintuitive controls and I was glad to be rid of it. Big waste of money. Worst product. I think you will have to take the unit apart and clean it yourself with a micro cloth and lots of breath. Repeat annually I suspect.

Present: BL90, Beosound Moment, Beosound Core, BL6000, Beogram CD7000, Beogram 7000, BS Essence Remote.

Past: BL1, BL2, BL8000, BS9000, BL5, Beocenter 2, Beosound 5, BV5, BV4-50, BV4-65, Beosystem 3, BL3, DVD1, Beoremote 4.

Beobuddy
Top 25 Contributor
Utrecht, The Netherlands
3,928 Posts
Founder

JKW TAYLOR:

Thanks for the reply Hungedu, but I have a problem with dust on the INSIDE of the screen.

Take off the backpanel. Then at both sides you will see screws with a spring. Unscrew these. Then lift the glaspanel  for a centimeter and take it towards yourself.

Beobuddy
Top 25 Contributor
Utrecht, The Netherlands
3,928 Posts
Founder

With the mk1 and 2 you have screws on the left and right side.

Esax
Top 500 Contributor
315 Posts
Bronze Member
Esax replied on Tue, Aug 25 2020 7:03 PM
And use window cleaner. Only thing that does work.

Beovision 7-55 MK1 red, Beolab 10 red. Beolab 50, all black. Beolab 17 broken ice. Beolab transmitter. Apple tv4 and apple express 2.

marilovesbeo
Not Ranked
7 Posts
Bronze Member

The best thing to clean the screen itself in window/glass cleaner in my experience. Also try removing the screen like others have suggested, it worked for me.

Barry Santini
Top 150 Contributor
New York
541 Posts
Bronze Member
Be VERY CAREFUL with the window cleaner you choose. AR coatings on screens are VERY sensitive to ph!

And Avoid Ammonia.

I’ve had excellent success for years with Monster brand Plasma screen cleaner. I’ve used it on all my B&O TVs with AR coatings. Be sure to buy the matching micro fibre cloth too. Works best. Buy many.
riverstyx
Top 100 Contributor
SouthWest UK
935 Posts
Bronze Member

A damp cloth (water, plus a little dish detergent) works well too, but you need a dry cloth to hand (or several dry cloths).

Wipe with the damp cloth first, then quickly buff with the dry cloth. I find it easiest to clean a small area at a time.

The water in my area is very soft, so this may not work so well if you have a lot of dissolved minerals in your water.

JKW TAYLOR
Top 500 Contributor
Nederland
135 Posts
Bronze Member

Thanks for the tips. You can always learn from Beoworld.

Ken

Page 1 of 1 (11 items) | RSS
Beoworld Security Certificate

SSL