rated by 0 users
This post has 34 Replies | 1 Follower

Styrizo
Not Ranked
Madrid
Posts 31
Bronze Member
Styrizo Posted: Thu, Aug 20 2020 10:11 AM

Just got this on my Instagram feed this morning.

https://www.bang-olufsen.com/en/accessories/floor-stand-beosound-stage?utm_source=instagram&utm_medium=social-organic&utm_campaign=es_some_ig-bio-image-beosoundstagefloorstand&utm_content=image_&utm_term=bang-olufsen-some

Looks nice and provides some sort of the much talked "Horizon update", although still with the feature limitations of the Stage.

What do you think?

PeterBOBP
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 131
Bronze Member
PeterBOBP replied on Thu, Aug 20 2020 10:31 AM

I think it looks great, but it as a shame you cannot manually turn the tv and speaker

BenSA
Top 75 Contributor
Durban, South Africa
Posts 1,377
Bronze Member
BenSA replied on Thu, Aug 20 2020 10:34 AM

I like it, they should have offered this from the start. Great idea

kuyttendaele
Top 150 Contributor
Posts 622
Founder

PeterBOBP:

I think it looks great, but it as a shame you cannot manually turn the tv and speaker

The OLED screens are too fragile... there's the possibility that the screen will break if you push it by it's top corners. And then B&O is to blame.

Karel.

Steph
Top 100 Contributor
France
Posts 1,055
Bronze Member
Steph replied on Thu, Aug 20 2020 10:46 AM

Very nice.

The only problem, for me, with the combo LG+Stage, is the loss of puc. Very important when you have a blu-ray, an internet box and a tvix connected to the TV.

Styrizo
Not Ranked
Madrid
Posts 31
Bronze Member
Styrizo replied on Thu, Aug 20 2020 12:26 PM

They've probably bended some screens doing tests, because that's exactly the same issue they talk about on the product description.

Maybe they launch a motorized version in the future with some software upgrade for the Stage.

PeterBOBP
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 131
Bronze Member
PeterBOBP replied on Thu, Aug 20 2020 1:25 PM

yeah, that is what it says in the description; a shame anyway Smile

I am sure they can come up with some clever back reinforcement ..... or a handle to distribute force Big Smile

apparently this one can rotate: https://www.onlineplayshop.nl/lg-oled48cx6la-beosound-stage-vloerstand.html#picture-1

PeterBOBP
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 131
Bronze Member
PeterBOBP replied on Thu, Aug 20 2020 1:25 PM

yeah, that is what it says in the description; a shame anyway Smile

I am sure they can come up with some clever back reinforcement ..... or a handle to distribute force Big Smile

apparently this one can rotate: https://www.onlineplayshop.nl/lg-oled48cx6la-beosound-stage-vloerstand.html#picture-1

Curly
Top 500 Contributor
FL, USA
Posts 157
Gold Member
Curly replied on Thu, Aug 20 2020 2:14 PM

Seeing this makes me wish we could use the Stage as a center channel in a surround setup. 

Currently: BeoLab 17, BeoLab 18, BeoSound Core, BeoPlay S8 Connection Hub, Essence Remote

Previously: BeoSound 1 non-GVA

moxxey
Top 25 Contributor
South West, UK
Posts 5,243
Bronze Member
moxxey replied on Thu, Aug 20 2020 6:03 PM

PeterBOBP:

I think it looks 'so so' not great. It's decent, but I won't say I'm enthralled by it. 

9 LEE
Top 10 Contributor
Eastbourne, UK
Posts 7,150
Founder
9 LEE replied on Thu, Aug 20 2020 6:53 PM

I'm actually surprised STB Brackets didn't get the 'Gig'....

PeterBOBP
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 131
Bronze Member
PeterBOBP replied on Thu, Aug 20 2020 6:58 PM

ok it does not blow me out of the water but I doubt if any (fixed) stand can do that ;-). 

I like the fact that it is black and I think with a 48 inch screen the whole package would look very good as the stage is than nearly the same size of the tv, which looks better imo than with a 55 or a 65 inch panel. 

Pindsen
Not Ranked
Denmark
Posts 23
Bronze Member
Pindsen replied on Thu, Aug 20 2020 7:33 PM

It is simple but also a bit boring.

Pindsen
Not Ranked
Denmark
Posts 23
Bronze Member
Pindsen replied on Thu, Aug 20 2020 7:33 PM

It is simple but also a bit boring.

Sandyb
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 1,882
Bronze Member
Sandyb replied on Thu, Aug 20 2020 8:09 PM

I dont think this is a bad idea at all.

Of course its not mind blowing design wise, but its coherent and more so than any other  hacky solution.

And as part of a package offered by B&O with stand, tv, speaker and remote, it makes sense.

Not for me, but given the relatively low investment this has probably required, it may help further with selling the Stage, and dealers in general.

moxxey
Top 25 Contributor
South West, UK
Posts 5,243
Bronze Member
moxxey replied on Thu, Aug 20 2020 10:02 PM

Sandyb:

I dont think this is a bad idea at all.

I agree, but we also need to remember the design of the GX was supposed to be absolutely flush against the wall. The wall bracket is designed to sit inside the back of the TV. Unless this is only for the CX as it says on the B&O website 'for the C-series'?

I'm really happy with my 65" GX. Looks neater than the huge BV12-65. Indeed, in hindsight I could have gone for the GX 77" as the wall is certainly big enough!

Svenni
Not Ranked
Berlin, Germany
Posts 38
Bronze Member
Svenni replied on Fri, Aug 21 2020 12:03 AM

The STB Brackets mounts support both C9 and CX so I assume they have almost identical backsides. I believe the E9 and GX could also be used because they have very similar mounting positions, just a lot thinner. I feel like B&O should provide a list of TVs that work with this stand, that would make the buying decision a lot easier. Just marketing to LG OLEDs seems pretty limited.

Just noticed STB has added a "Pull & Rotate" wall mount for the GX and Stage that looks pretty nice and compact.

Beoplay A2
Beoplay Earset
Beoplay H6 (Gen 2)
Beoplay S3 (pair)
Beoplay S8
Beovox CX50 (2 pairs)

Beovox RL 6000

Aussie Michael
Top 50 Contributor
Melbourne, AU
Posts 3,554
Gold Member

If i was designing a future update of the stand and there was a way to make it motorised, I would also make the bracket motorised to operate vertically as well as horizontally to fire the atmos drivers up to the ceiling

After all it is designed to be operated in both scenarios 

Michael
Top 50 Contributor
Sweden
Posts 2,518
Bronze Member
Michael replied on Fri, Aug 21 2020 2:11 PM
Really cool. I only miss powerlink and puc. If there was a stage with that then I would be all good. I am seriously considering selling all my Beolab 20/8000 etc because it’s so hard to move to a future solution as of today.

The eclipse is getting dated and the speaker is too wide. The harmony is overpriced and hasn’t got a moving stand and a LG screen is cheap and great on it’s own.

With a speaker as the stage a simple and discrete installation can be fulfilled and if only it was also possible to use it for surround sound and stereo speakers it would be worth a few thousands more.

The stand looks awesome and seems a way towards a future with more choices, hopefully!!

Beolab 50, Beolab 8000 x 2, Beolab 4000 x 2, 
BeoSound Core, BeoSound 9000, BeoSound Century, 
BeoLit 15, BeoPlay A1, BeoPlay P2, BeoPlay H9 3rd Gen, BeoPlay H6, EarSet 3i, 
BeoVision Eclipse Gen 2 55", BeoPlay V1-40, 
BeoCom 6000 and so much else :)  

kuyttendaele
Top 150 Contributor
Posts 622
Founder

It's cool. Like it! And proper cable management it seems.

Karel.

Chris Townsend
Top 50 Contributor
Badsey, UK
Posts 3,441
Bronze Member
https://www.whathifi.com/news/bando-launches-luxury-all-in-one-oled-tv-and-soundbar-system

Beovision 11-55, Beolab 2, Beosound 2(old Skool) Beolit 15, Beoplay A2 Active

Razlaw
Top 25 Contributor
Posts 4,124
Bronze Member
Razlaw replied on Fri, Aug 21 2020 4:19 PM
I like it. I would like to replace my BV 7-55 but don’t want the Harmony and am not enthralled with the Eclipse. This would be a great option as far as the design for me but no ability to connect my front 50s and rear 12-3s.

Beolab 50s Beolab 9s Beolab 12-3s Beolab 1s Beolab 6000s 2 pairs Beolab 4000s Beovision 7-55 Beovision 10-40 Beoplay V1 32 inch Beovision Avant 32 inch Beosound 1 (CD player) Beosound 3000 Beosound 5 Core Essence MKII Beoplay M5

moxxey
Top 25 Contributor
South West, UK
Posts 5,243
Bronze Member
moxxey replied on Fri, Aug 21 2020 4:29 PM

Razlaw:
I like it. I would like to replace my BV 7-55 but don’t want the Harmony and am not enthralled with the Eclipse. This would be a great option as far as the design for me but no ability to connect my front 50s and rear 12-3s.

Yep, that's the biggest downside by a long way. Stage is fantastic for regular TV, but you definitely notice a strange 'centralised' audio experience when watching movies. If you're used to a surround sound experience, the Stage can't replicate this.

Aussie Michael
Top 50 Contributor
Melbourne, AU
Posts 3,554
Gold Member
Would anyone have access to an instruction manual for this stand ?

On B&O website all I see is the dimensions.

I was trying to work out how the TV is actually mounted on it and what was included in the “box”.

This would be for use with a Sony TV

I also looked for it in the support section and couldn’t find.

I might have to use my powers of deduction 🎩 🧙‍♂️
Beozip
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 293
Bronze Member
Beozip replied on Sat, Aug 22 2020 6:34 AM

maybe this information are helpfull for you

from the Website ...

Screen Compatibility

The interface between the TV screen and the floor stand is based on the VESA interface, which is a market standard for all TV manufactures. The VESA interface on the floor stand supports up to 300x300 mm, which makes it is possible to cover most 3rd party TV screens from 40” up to 65” (except for Samsung 65” TVs), and max 25,6kg

and here are pictures ...

https://www.picuki.com/media/2379840345617167107

Aussie Michael
Top 50 Contributor
Melbourne, AU
Posts 3,554
Gold Member
Thank you BeoZip,

I saw the naked stand, so maybe i have to wait to see one in person to see what the TV looks like mounted from the back

This might answer, do they include the bracket to mount the TV on it or is it a ‘recommended’ one you buy additionally etc

Certainly looking promising
StKong
Top 500 Contributor
Copenhagen
Posts 311
Bronze Member
StKong replied on Sun, Aug 23 2020 5:48 PM
I saw the stand two weeks ago in the south of France, and it is a surprisingly good match, allowing for a very seamless look.

As it was evening, I wrote to the store and got this info back.

The model in the window was the anthracite Stage mounted on the stand with a very large screen on top. It looked every bit as Bang & Olufsen as the Harmony next to it. Unfortunately my phone was out of battery, and it did look somewhat better than the wooden Stage in the picture.
jc
Not Ranked
Posts 76
Bronze Member
jc replied on Wed, Aug 26 2020 3:36 PM

Curly:

Seeing this makes me wish we could use the Stage as a center channel in a surround setup. 

Exactly. I still find it completely unbelievable and actually, Darwin Award deserving, that the Stage is not able to function as a center channel. Either they implement a Dolby Digital board in it, or at least provide a PowerLink input. I mean, even the BL7 has a PowerLink input and functions perfectly in any surround system.

Really, B&O. Don't make it so hard for us to keep loving you!

Sandyb
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 1,882
Bronze Member
Sandyb replied on Wed, Aug 26 2020 4:27 PM

But that would be a more expensive product.

B&O have designed and pitched the Stage with more modest specs and more importantly price.

And it seems to have done relatively well, so I doubt they'll be feeling at all that they have miscued.

Add in that fewer full surround speaker setups are sold than back then, and one can see the logic.

Of course, as a surround user, I'd (also) be disappointed if there wasn't a PUC enabled centre speaker at some stage.

And I'd certainly be puzzled if we're looking at the same void this time next year.

But I can see the logic of the spec and pricing of the Stage.

jc:

Curly:

Exactly. I still find it completely unbelievable and actually, Darwin Award deserving, that the Stage is not able to function as a center channel. Either they implement a Dolby Digital board in it, or at least provide a PowerLink input. I mean, even the BL7 has a PowerLink input and functions perfectly in any surround system.

Really, B&O. Don't make it so hard for us to keep loving you!

jc
Not Ranked
Posts 76
Bronze Member
jc replied on Wed, Aug 26 2020 4:44 PM

Sandyb:

I can relate to that when adding a surround decoder, but just adding a PowerLink input, increasing the flexibility of the product enormously... I don't think that would have to add anything to the price.

Mikipidia
Top 75 Contributor
Posts 1,769
Gold Member
Mikipidia replied on Wed, Aug 26 2020 6:04 PM
It would and it’s in no way as simple as that. You’d need another logic board for speaker control and you’d need to be able to disable the DD upscaler and processing and somehow solve the latency. There is too much for “just a pl port”

New: Beovision Harmony, Beolab 50's, Beolab 18's, Beolab 17's, Beolab 3's, Beosound 9000 mk3, Beosound Stage & LG, Beosound 2, Beoplay M3, Beoplay A1, Beoplay H4 gen 2, Beoplay E8 3.0

Mikipedia on YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/c/Mikipedia

mikipedi4 on Twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/mikipedi4

Old: Beovision Eclipse, Beolab 1's, Beolab 2, Beovision 10-46, Overture 2300, beolab 8000's, Beolab 4000's, Beovision avant 32" etc. etc.

Audio
Not Ranked
Posts 22
Bronze Member
Audio replied on Wed, Aug 26 2020 7:42 PM

Curly:

Sandyb:

I do not think that it would be more expensive. Sonos or Bluesound for example were able to develop and selling soundbars offering the possibility to add additional loudspeakers for a surround set-up for a decent price.

In my eyes it is a question of software not hardware! Certainly you need a competent software team and a technology base you can extend to multi-channel use, both issues probably not available at B&O.

Unfortunately B&O’s still does not understand that software sells hardware instead B&O’s strategy is „craftsmanship“ not at all a good starting point to manage the ongoing digital transformation successful.

Emil Jensen
Top 150 Contributor
Denmark
Posts 663
Bronze Member

Audio:

Curly:

Sandyb:

I do not think that it would be more expensive. Sonos or Bluesound for example were able to develop and selling soundbars offering the possibility to add additional loudspeakers for a surround set-up for a decent price.

In my eyes it is a question of software not hardware! Certainly you need a competent software team and a technology base you can extend to multi-channel use, both issues probably not available at B&O.

Unfortunately B&O’s still does not understand that software sells hardware instead B&O’s strategy is „craftsmanship“ not at all a good starting point to manage the ongoing digital transformation successful.

I am not able to find good info, but are SONOS not loosing money every year, even though revenue is up?

I would not take them as a good example as they clearly dont get enough for their products compared to their expenses.

Beovision Harmony 77" 2nd Gen, Beolab 5, Beolab 17, Beosound 1, Beoplay M3, Beoplay H6, Beoplay Earset, Beoliving Intelligence 

Sandyb
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 1,882
Bronze Member
Sandyb replied on Thu, Aug 27 2020 8:46 AM
Emil Jensen:

I am not able to find good info, but are SONOS not loosing money every year, even though revenue is up?

I would not take them as a good example as they clearly dont get enough for their products compared to their expenses.

Beovision Eclipse, Beolab 5, Beolab 17, Beosound 1 Google assist, Beoplay M3, Beoplay H6, Beoplay Earset

Indeed, look at the Sonos share price.

It’s nowhere near as ugly as for B&O, but its also extremely lacklustre for a modern tech new entrant.

Jaffrey2230
Top 150 Contributor
Washington DC
Posts 502
Silver Member

Sonos is good value for money. I had switched my entire home from B&O to Sonos and now back to B&O. From my experience B&O’s newer products are very good. I actually compared the Stage to the Sonos Soundbar and Sub (which I recently sold). The Stage has a bigger soundstage for movies. Not even in the same league. I also don’t have any issues with B&O software, the app or on the devices. I think the stand looks nice and Stage looks beautiful!

My 2 cents worth.  

B&O in my life 😊: 

• Beolab 8002 + Beolab 2 + Beosound Core with Essence Remote (Office)
  • Beolab 6000 + Beolab 11 + Beosound Core with Essence Remote (Bedroom)
  • Beoplay A9 Mk2 (Living Room)
  • Beosound 1 with wireless dock (Portable)
  • Beosound Balance (Dining)
  • Beoplay H95 (Focused listening, travel)
  • Beoplay H9 (3rd gen) (retired)
  • Beoplay P6 (Portable)
  • Beotime wall clock (hallway entrance)
  • BMW X5 50i with B&O Audio Package (Commute/drive)

Page 1 of 1 (35 items) | RSS
Beoworld Security Certificate

SSL