This post has 7 Replies | 1 Follower

Seanie_230
Top 50 Contributor
UK
Posts 2,054
Gold Member
Seanie_230 Posted: Tue, Aug 18 2020 12:29 PM
Hello All

I have my BLI connected to Philips Hue, BeoLink, Homecontrol but that’s it.

I am thinking of buying a doorbird / birdguard to auto Trigger the Homecontrol on the screen when a camera detects motion.

So what else?

I need some inspiration.

Lights and camera’s but what else?

Anyone got any examples of other bits they have added to their system, obviously the B&O system takes care of the multi room audio etc.

Outside of lights and camera’s what else could be fun?

Cheers

Eclipse 65
V1-32
Beosound M5
Essence MK2
BLI

Rudi Pedersen
Top 500 Contributor
Herning, Denmark
Posts 98
Bronze Member

Hi, I have connected

- Beolink

- MasterLink Gateway

- IHC Controler 1 and 2 (IHC is a Danish system from L&K to control light, heating, sunscreens, curtains etc)

- Hue

- Virtual bottoms

---------

Via BeoiLiving App I have many virtual bottoms to control a lot in the house.

Some automatic ideas is, that when someone ring the door bell, I have a pause for the ringing, so I have time to mute all musics systems before the bell ring

Press the Movie bottom in the living room starts the TV, setup the Apple TV, roll down curtains, ans switch of the lights and set up dimmed light behind the sofa

BR Rudi

Tassos
Top 500 Contributor
Athens
Posts 202
Bronze Member
Tassos replied on Tue, Sep 15 2020 7:46 AM

Hello Seanie,

I have connected on my bli the following:

Doorbird (really cool the code that turns your beovision to a doorbell monitor (available on khimo site))

Fibaro (shutters, relay and light controllers (works flawlessly and much better than the Rako))

Rako (shutters and light controllers (very consistent but lacks "feedback"))

beolink (of course (V1, M5*2, BLC, Moment, essence *2, Beosystem 5500))

iTach (ip2ir)

TP-Link plug (controlling the pool lights)

Hik-vision cameras

Nest (the one that worked)

I believe that the Fibaro system has great potential since you can connect almost anything and then control it via the BLI.

During christmas time I use tplink plugs to light up the tree and the christmas decoration in the house when I come home and it is night, when I leave they turn off.

When I arrive home I have my V1 turned on netredio and my shutters raised, if it is night the V1 turn on tv lights go from 75 to 100 and shutters are raised.

When we are listening to the essence I have installed in my garden the poolights come automatically on at sunset. In case we are not listening to music (it means we are not there :-)) so the pool lights remain off (the khimo team was very healpful).

Cinema scene lowers the shutters and the screen while the projector is turned on, the V1 goes to picture mute and surround mode, the lights are turned off and the ambient lighting goes to 5.

I have many more macros if you are interested. 

Seanie_230
Top 50 Contributor
UK
Posts 2,054
Gold Member

Hi there

thank you, I am really interested in the Doorbird (Birdguard Bxx) I think as it can be on the left on the window using the table mount and would trigger the Home control on the screen should someone walk past. I am just waiting to find one at some point on ebay.

I will take a look at the Fibaro stuff as I never heard of it before.

all of the above takes investment of changing BLI from Essential to Pro mode which I can do when the time is right.

I am interested in HikVision camera's also perhaps for the back garden from a bedroom window as they are wireless and I believe support ONVIF if enabled so no need for BLI in pro mode to add these camera's.

Eclipse 65
V1-32
Beosound M5
Essence MK2
BLI

Tassos
Top 500 Contributor
Athens
Posts 202
Bronze Member
Tassos replied on Wed, Sep 16 2020 8:19 AM

Hello again,

I have the doorbird d101s installed (using one ethernet cable, using the wifi connection was impossible for my house) and each time someone rings the bell V1 goes to the home control screen showing the camera of the doorbird it is a very useful macro you can find on the khimo site.

Fibaro you should definitely look at it is one of my favorite installed systems. 

Pro is something you should consider if you want to expand the functionality of the BLI and although it is a serious expense it worth it.

If you have the possibility to make the connection to the cameras via cable it would be better (higher resolution will demand more of your bandwidth). The ones I am using are all onvif and it is super easy to add to the BLI (btw the camera of the doorbird supports onvif as well and you can use also the motion sensor as a resource).

Seanie_230
Top 50 Contributor
UK
Posts 2,054
Gold Member
Seanie_230 replied on Wed, Sep 16 2020 11:29 AM

Tassos:

Hello again,

I have the doorbird d101s installed (using one ethernet cable, using the wifi connection was impossible for my house) and each time someone rings the bell V1 goes to the home control screen showing the camera of the doorbird it is a very useful macro you can find on the khimo site.

Fibaro you should definitely look at it is one of my favorite installed systems. 

Pro is something you should consider if you want to expand the functionality of the BLI and although it is a serious expense it worth it.

If you have the possibility to make the connection to the cameras via cable it would be better (higher resolution will demand more of your bandwidth). The ones I am using are all onvif and it is super easy to add to the BLI (btw the camera of the doorbird supports onvif as well and you can use also the motion sensor as a resource).

List of questions if you dont mind

How is it using one ethernet cable? Does it carry, network and power, I would like to power it using POE
My thoughts are to install it in place using one ethernet cable that carries power and network but also perhaps connect to the existing doorbell sounder which I will have to put back when we move.

If Doorbird supports ONVIF does it auto configure in the BLI just for basic camera view, I understand the extra fucntions of auto home control etc need pro mode to add that but adding just the Camera would be a great start

What do you mean as a resource so you can activate it?

The apple watch app for Doorbird looks pretty good.

Thanks 

Sean

Eclipse 65
V1-32
Beosound M5
Essence MK2
BLI

Tassos
Top 500 Contributor
Athens
Posts 202
Bronze Member
Tassos replied on Thu, Sep 17 2020 7:51 AM

Hello Seanie,

Yes I mean with PoE. In doorbird's manual it is explained what each cable carries, data, power, chime, door opener, etc. I believe you can download the manual from their site.

You can connect it to the exixting chime, I don't think it is necessary though. Each time someone rings the door bell you will get a notification on your mobile phone, tablet, etc (wherever you have the app installed). I bought the doorbird chime as well which is fun to play with because of the many different sounds.

When you go to the interface tab on your bli there is a camera part in it. From there you can ask your bli to find the available onvif cameras. Alternativly you can do it via the BLI app the exact same way you add a beolink product.

By resource I mean that you can add it as a resource and then use it to trigger macros. For example if you have it installed in your front door each time someone passes and activates the sensor it can trigger a macro.

Honestly if you install it and add it to your bli you will never use the doorbird app.

I don't want to be misunderstood, I am not working or getting any commission from khimo but upgrading to PRO is a must for me. For example if you install the Fibaro system and you add your shutters and lights to it then when you are remotely connected (PRO version) you can check if your lights are on/off or your shutters raised/lowered. There were many times that I was asked by the cleaning lady or the dog walker to raise/lower the shutters (they are connected to our alarm system).

Btw yesterday I made a new macro which turns the lights on if it is daytime and it is cloudy or raining for my dog not to get frustrated... ;-) 

Seanie_230
Top 50 Contributor
UK
Posts 2,054
Gold Member
Hi therE

Just a note for others after talking to Khimo and doorbird separately the doorbird D101 will be able to configure just for viewing camera in the app as when doorbird is configured in NVR mode it will be discovered.

Anyone know where to get a D101 used or cheap?

There is a site in the UK selling them but eBay is more expensive.

Eclipse 65
V1-32
Beosound M5
Essence MK2
BLI

Page 1 of 1 (8 items) | RSS
Beoworld Security Certificate

SSL