Beo4 remote and the Core

rated by 0 users
Not Answered This post has 0 verified answers | 8 Replies | 1 Follower

Techno
Not Ranked
9 Posts
Bronze Member
Techno posted on Tue, Aug 18 2020 7:44 AM

Considering a B&O Core. Have a Beosound 4 which I operate with a Beo 4 remote control.  Does anyone know if the Beo 4 remote will operate the Core. Would be nice and simple to control both sound sources with one controller. (I know the Core can be operated by the B&O app.). Many thanks.  

All Replies

Hiort
Top 50 Contributor
Sweden
2,740 Posts
Bronze Member
Hiort replied on Tue, Aug 18 2020 8:01 AM

There is a version of Core where you can connect the B&O IR-Eye. I know that you then can control it with the IR version of BeoremoteOne and would assume it works with Beo4 as well.

Livingroom: BL3, BL11, BV11-46 Kitchen: Beosound 1 GVA, Beocom 2 Bathroom: M3 Homeoffice: M3, Beocom 2  Library: Beosound Emerge, Beocom 6000 Bedroom: M5, Essence remote  Travel: Beoplay E8 2.0, Beoplay P2, Beoplay Earset

OlivierC
Top 500 Contributor
105 Posts
Bronze Member
Hi Techno,

Hiort suggestion is correct, so make sure you’ll get the latest version of the Core, Mk 2, the one with the IR eye, Type Nr. 3051.

Hereunder the link of one of the few threads where you can get the information.

Regards.

Olivier

https://forum.beoworld.org/forums/p/33455/251898.aspx#251898

Peter Pan:

@ elephant

NOTE! New Mark II of BeoSound Core: BeoSound Core with IR Type No. 3051. BeoSound Core version without IR type no. 2797. (should now be sold out in DK).

lawrencejmcook
Top 150 Contributor
590 Posts
Founder
Hiort is correct. The Core Type No. 3051 can receive IR commands via (I think) the DPL socket. You will need to add the latest version of the BeoLink IR eye and cable with the Join button and RJ45 plug.

Lawrence

Techno
Not Ranked
9 Posts
Bronze Member
Techno replied on Tue, Aug 18 2020 5:10 PM

Encouraging. Many thanks. 

Techno
Not Ranked
9 Posts
Bronze Member
Techno replied on Tue, Aug 18 2020 5:13 PM

Getting better. Knowledge base building. Cheers. 

Techno
Not Ranked
9 Posts
Bronze Member
Techno replied on Tue, Aug 18 2020 5:17 PM

Thanks Lawrence and PeterPan.  The detailed info on version number and the link more than I expected. 
Thanks Beo world forum.  
Sorted. 

lawrencejmcook
Top 150 Contributor
590 Posts
Founder
Glad you got where you wanted to be. 👍

L
chucky
Top 500 Contributor
262 Posts
Bronze Member
chucky replied on Tue, Aug 18 2020 8:53 PM
Old link eye works as well. You can only send command through IR but not push to join or set volume on the eye it self.
Page 1 of 1 (9 items) | RSS
Beoworld Security Certificate

SSL