Beovision Eclipse and sky q box

rated by 0 users
Not Answered This post has 0 verified answers | 18 Replies | 2 Followers

thorne
Top 500 Contributor
298 Posts
Bronze Member
thorne posted on Sun, Aug 16 2020 11:41 PM

I can successfully connect using UHD 8 bit, but 10 bit will not work. Is there anyone who has managed to connect using UHD 10 bit?  And if so, any tips on how to do it!

All Replies

riverstyx
Top 100 Contributor
SouthWest UK
938 Posts
Bronze Member

Hi Thorne,

Are you in the UK? I'm basing my answers on UK Sky Q boxes, but I know sky Q is available in some other countries and I don't know what differences (if any) there are.

Whilst B&O's response about 4:4:4 10bit @ 60Hz not being supported is correct - Sky Q boxes, at least those in the UK, output in 8 or 10 bit 4:2:0 which is supported.

Please advise whether you are using the sky supplied HDMI cable, or an alternative cable, and if the latter, how long it is and whether it is premium certified. Also, as already suggested, please try connecting direct to the panel to see if this works, as it really isn't possible to advise further until this information has been gathered.

Kind regards,

Martin.

thorne
Top 500 Contributor
298 Posts
Bronze Member
thorne replied on Tue, Aug 25 2020 4:30 PM

Hi Martin. Yes, I am in the U.K.  Your response has provided me with the likely reason for my issue. I cannot connect the box direct to the panel because the TV is wall mounted and all the cabling is hidden in the wall.   Because of the fact the TV is wall mounted, the HDMI cable is much longer than 2 meters, so I reckon that could be the reason. It is not the sky supplied one because that was way too short, but it is premium certified

Guess I’ll gave to content myself with 8 bit

Thanks for your helpful answer

riverstyx
Top 100 Contributor
SouthWest UK
938 Posts
Bronze Member

If the cable used is premium certified, there really shouldn't be an issue - I often use 5m premium certified cables for wall mount installations - much longer than this and you usually have to resort to fibre optics.

Of course a faulty or damaged cable cannot be ruled out, and that's going to be a pain if it is chased into a wall.

If the TV is on the hinged wall bracket, you should find there is enough cable length to try it temporarily in one of the sockets on the screen, but this probably will feeding it back out from the soundcentre and any sock it is enclosed in.

Kind regards,

Martin,

thorne
Top 500 Contributor
298 Posts
Bronze Member
thorne replied on Tue, Aug 25 2020 5:06 PM

So are you saying you have successfully wall mounted Eclipses connected to sky boxes with UHD 10 bit, using very long cables?

Page 2 of 2 (19 items) < Previous 1 2 | RSS
Beoworld Security Certificate

SSL