Sign in   |  Join   |  Help

BV6 and BV7 Apple TV gen 2 working, Apple TV gen 4 not

rated by 0 users
Answered (Not Verified) This post has 0 verified answers | 4 Replies | 2 Followers

carreracs
Not Ranked
39 Posts
Bronze Member
carreracs posted on Tue, Aug 11 2020 6:15 PM

Hi!

Having some issues after buying a new Apple TV 4. The old Apple TV gen 2 is working perfectly on my BeoCenter 6 and BeoVision 7-32, but after connecting the new Apple TV it only displays the picture for a second and the disappears. I have tried the MENU + Volume down trick, to get the Apple TV to cycle through the differen resolutions, but with no luck.

Anyone else experienced this? I have tried to different DVi-HDMI cables, and both are working with the gen 2 and not the gen 4.... Do I need another DVi-HDMI cable,if so,which one? :)

Christian

All Replies

Guy
Top 50 Contributor
Buckinghamshire
1,978 Posts
Gold Member
Guy replied on Tue, Aug 11 2020 9:38 PM

Could it be an HDCP problem?

I use an audio extractor with my ATV4 and BV6 and this has the added advantage of extracting the HDCP; hence it works fine.

benjnz
Top 500 Contributor
89 Posts
Bronze Member
Answered (Not Verified) benjnz replied on Wed, Aug 12 2020 10:54 AM
Suggested by benjnz

I just got an eBay BV6 to replace a BV4 for an AppleTV4 and I did notice the picture only coming through in pretty grainy greyscale rather than full colour as the BV4 was. I did then find another HDMI converter I had brought previously and for some reason this worked when the previous USB powered one didn't, so maybe something in the voltage required on the convertor, am not sure.

I have also ordered this which turns up today so I'll see what difference that makes on the AppleTV4 rather than the convertor through SCART socket (V.AUX) where it is currently, and report back.

Guy
Top 50 Contributor
Buckinghamshire
1,978 Posts
Gold Member
Guy replied on Wed, Aug 12 2020 11:03 AM

@ benjnz

But assuming that your BV6 has a DVI socket, then why not keep the signal digital and use one of these: https://www.amazon.co.uk/Adapter-HDMI2HDMI-Converter-Extractor-Splitter-White/dp/B079251VBJ/ref=sr_1_50?crid=1IMSAQUHO89YO&dchild=1&keywords=hdmi+audio+extractor&qid=1597226436&sprefix=hdmi+audio+%2Caps%2C158&sr=8-50

I can only imagine that you want to keep using STB control, which isn;t possible using the BV6's DVI input.  Personally I would rather keep the picture quality and sacrifice STB control.

benjnz
Top 500 Contributor
89 Posts
Bronze Member
benjnz replied on Wed, Aug 12 2020 11:44 AM

Hey Gary there is that, although I thought I'd be even more retro and time warp by dusting off my ancient Beomedia 1 and utilise the DVI for that. I'll then decide which deserves the DVI port depending on the YPbPr test on the AppleTV4 Smile

Page 1 of 1 (5 items) | RSS
Beoworld Security Certificate

SSL