Eclipse wisa help

rated by 0 users
Not Answered This post has 0 verified answers | 8 Replies | 1 Follower

Lassebo
Not Ranked
2 Posts
Bronze Member
Lassebo posted on Sun, Aug 9 2020 10:05 PM

I have my bl18 connected to my eclipse wireless, and I was hoping to get my beosound moment in that system as well.. I know that multiroom is there and it works fine, however I would prefer using wisa. 

I guess my question comes down to: I need to play from my moment directly to my eclipse and the beautiful 18 Using wisa - is it possible and how do I make it work ? 

as of right now I can only get my moment to connect to 18, but then my tv doesn’t, and the other way around. So I’m using multiroom to my big disappointment.

i really hope for any help.
thanks in advance.

All Replies

mbolo01
Top 75 Contributor
Annecy - France
1,530 Posts
Gold Member
mbolo01 replied on Mon, Aug 10 2020 10:08 AM
You should keep your BL18 Wisa connected to your TV and "integrate" your Moment to your TV so you can have your Moment playing to the BL18 through the Eclipse.

Requirements must be that both the TV and the Moment are on the same local area network and that the Moment is configured to play through the TV, not sure what has to be done on the TV side as I don’t have one.

BS Moment, BS Core, BG 4002, BC 4500, BS1, BL18, BL19, BL8000 + RCV1, A6, M5, M3, A1, P6 (tks Botty), H5, TR1

Millemissen
Top 10 Contributor
Flensborg, Denmark
13,304 Posts
Bronze Member

You cannot ‘NL-integrate’ a NL audio device with the Eclipse, since it basicly is an audio device itself with a tv (and HDMI..... etc).

That is something you did with the previous gen BV.

But you can ‘NL--connect’ both - meaning you can use the sources of the Moment via the Eclipse (activated there through the BeoRemote/the app).

However, how much need there is for this, is doubtfull?

If you are in for vinyl or cd playback, you could connect that device to the Moment and listen throught the Eclipse, though.

Better WiSA-connect the BL18’s to the Eclipse and keep the Moment in another room (‘connected’ to the Eclipse) with another set of speakers.

MM

There is a tv - and there is a BV.

Carolpa
Top 100 Contributor
1,024 Posts
Bronze Member
Millemissen:

You cannot ‘ NL-integrate’ a NL audio device with the Eclipse, since it basicly is an audio device itself with a tv (and HDMI..... etc).

That is something you did with the previous gen BV.

But you can ‘ NL--connect’ both - meaning you can use the sources of the Moment via the Eclipse (activated there through the BeoRemote/the app).

However, how much need there is for this, is doubtfull?

If you are in for vinyl or cd playback, you could connect that device to the Moment and listen throught the Eclipse, though.

Better WiSA-connect the BL18’s to the Eclipse and keep the Moment in another room (‘connected’ to the Eclipse) with another set of speakers.

MM

hi MM

So true.....but so confusing.... if one thinks WISA is Multiroom

Carolpa
Top 100 Contributor
1,024 Posts
Bronze Member
Lassebo:

So I’m using multiroom to my big disappointment.

i really hope for any help. thanks in advance.

note WISA is not an alternative for multiroom!

You can only connect WISA capable speakers to a WISA capable TV or audio device

Fansastic
Top 150 Contributor
The Netherlands
524 Posts
Gold Member
Millemissen is right, the Eclipse is not able to share speakers with Moment. This is a pity and do not understand the technical reason for it.

Also it is not possible to dedicate speaker groups in the Eclipse when multiroom (Moment) is joint.

Only work around is adding a Beolink Gateway and dedicate roles for both Moment and Eclipse.

I use my Moment as stand alone device without speakers and join it to my Eclipse or other devices in other rooms. A bit more hassle but it works well.

Do not think B&O will add this possibility to both Eclipse and Harmony, would be great if they do so (same as Balance will get NL later this year).

Only upside: speakers connected to a BV profit from the great DSP and sound settings. So keep the BL18’s wisa connected to your BV!

BV Eclipse 55 Brass - BL 18 Brass - BL 19 Brass - BL 3 White - BS Moment - BS 2 Brass - BV Horizon 48 - BS3000 - BS 3200 - BS Essence - BL 4000 - V1 40 Black - V1 40 White - BLC NL/ML - H6 -  H4 - E8 Motion - A8 Earphone - Beolit 12 - Beolit 15 - Beoplay A1 Green - Beoplay A3 White

Lassebo
Not Ranked
2 Posts
Bronze Member

Thank you .. but that would be like multiroom right ? Because I have that working now .. 

I was hoping to Wisa connect the moment to the tv

mbolo01
Top 75 Contributor
Annecy - France
1,530 Posts
Gold Member
Sorry guys, I thought this TV would do the integration job, at least i contributed Big Smile

BS Moment, BS Core, BG 4002, BC 4500, BS1, BL18, BL19, BL8000 + RCV1, A6, M5, M3, A1, P6 (tks Botty), H5, TR1

Millemissen
Top 10 Contributor
Flensborg, Denmark
13,304 Posts
Bronze Member

Lassebo:

Thank you .. but that would be like multiroom right ? Because I have that working now .. 

I was hoping to Wisa connect the moment to the tv

The very short explanation:

WiSA is a wireless connection from an audio Source (Moment, Eclipse...) and the speakers.

WiSA allows for up to 8 speakers in a multichannel configuration.

You might say, it is a wireless cable - B&O often also use the term WPL (wireless powerlink).

Beolink - in the newest version called NetworkLink/NL -  is a way to share sources ( = the music/sound from these) between different B&O audio devices = multiroom.

MM

Page 1 of 1 (9 items) | RSS
Beoworld Security Certificate

SSL