rated by 0 users
Not Answered This post has 0 verified answers | 1 Reply | 1 Follower

Michael
Top 500 Contributor
Atlanta
92 Posts
Founder
Michael posted on Sun, Aug 9 2020 12:21 PM

Is the IR mapping function on these converters really only for mapping incoming local signals using a connected IR Eye  or are there other implications to changing these beyond that?  Would the only real use for this be using the unit as a link room or are there clever tricks you can do with this functionality?

All Replies

beojeff
Top 50 Contributor
USA
1,760 Posts
Bronze Member

That's a great question. The IR mapping is only for the sources played through the speakers directly connected to the converter. Those commands will not be sent via ML to any ML-connected devices. For example, sending a command will not play music on any speakers connected to an attached BeoSound 9000. That being said, the possibilities of IR mapping are amazing. I have eight NL/ML converters. With an IR eye and BeoLab 3 speakers connected to one of the converters, I have the IR mapped so that I can play and control 3 beogram turntables, the sources of a BeoSound 9000, the sources of a BeoCenter 2, the sources of a BeoSound 2300, the sources from a BeoSound 5, the sources from a BeoSound 4, and all of the NL sources. I have renamed the sources on the BeoRemote One so that they correspond.

There IS another useful function of the IR eye. Once you attach an IR eye and enable forwarding of LIGHT/CONTROL commands, you can send LIGHT and CONTROL commands to a BLGW/MLGW/BLI for home automation. This can be done even without speakers attached to the converter. If you're crazy like me and have eight converters and run out of sources to use in the IR mapping, you can add even more sources using LIGHT/CONTROL commands and BLGW macros.

Page 1 of 1 (2 items) | RSS
Beoworld Security Certificate

SSL