rated by 0 users
Not Answered This post has 0 verified answers | 73 Replies | 3 Followers

MrAndersen
Top 500 Contributor
226 Posts
Bronze Member
MrAndersen posted on Tue, Aug 4 2020 7:18 AM

Hi all 

The 3.5 beta is out, try out the new widget that gives you quick access to product control. Let me know what you think including ideas for what this widget could be used for going forward.

Best regards

Thomas, Bang & Olufsen

All Replies

mbolo01
Top 50 Contributor
Louannec - France
2,012 Posts
Bronze Member
MrAndersen:

I will have the icon misalignment fixed, sorry for the delay on that one.

Thanks for that. If you could also have the continuously spinning circle shown at the bottom of the screen when browsing music, it would be great too!

BS Moment, BS Core, BG 4002, BC 4500, BS1, BL18, BL19, BL8000 + RCV1, A6, M5, M3, A1, P6 (tks Botty), H5, TR1

mbolo01
Top 50 Contributor
Louannec - France
2,012 Posts
Bronze Member
Multiroom icon misalignment "fixed" in latest 3.5 beta.

Note: I would have placed the multiroom icon just before the product type name, like it is placed in the iPhone version, for better look and consistency.

BS Moment, BS Core, BG 4002, BC 4500, BS1, BL18, BL19, BL8000 + RCV1, A6, M5, M3, A1, P6 (tks Botty), H5, TR1

Carolpa
Top 75 Contributor
1,572 Posts
Bronze Member

Strange behavour with my BS Shape. The app doesn't see the Shape in Multiroom anymore.

picture 1: start a source on the Harmony and want to multiroom to the Shape, 

picture 2: but the Shape is not listed in the Multiroom anymore

picture 3: goto the Shape and choose "Touch to join" and the Shape is added as can be seen in

picture 4.

Note: The same behavour if another NL device is the "group leader". With BLGW and Beoliving everything works as expected

Hiort
Top 50 Contributor
Sweden
2,868 Posts
Bronze Member
Hiort replied on Wed, Aug 19 2020 7:00 AM
mbolo01:

Multiroom icon misalignment "fixed" in latest 3.5 beta.

Note: I would have placed the multiroom icon just before the product type name, like it is placed in the iPhone version, for better look and consistency.

Agree

Livingroom: BL3, BL11, BV11-46 Kitchen: Beosound 1 GVA, Beocom 2 Bathroom: M3 Homeoffice: M3, Beocom 2  Library: Beosound Emerge, Beocom 6000 Bedroom: M5, Essence remote  Travel: Beoplay E8 2.0, Beoplay EQ, Beoplay Earset

Alsfeld
Top 500 Contributor
147 Posts
Founder

mbolo01:
After testing the IOS widget feature, I honestly don’t see any added value for it.
MrAndersen:
If you have other good examples please let me know.

For me a widget has only a value, when I do not need to open the related App. When I anyway have to open the App I can directly open it, no need at all for a widget.

I like the widget of iPeng to control the music stream from my LMS (Logitech Media Server / former Squeezebox). The iPeng widget offers three different views on the iPhone / iPad selectable within the widget.

1. View: A small overview showing what music is currently played with the most important control keys. This view I use most often. It automatically selects the device that is currently playing or the device that was selected last (view 2) or the device playing last.

2. View: A selection view to choose between the different multiroom devices (when selecting a device here is shown in view 1 - instead of the default one). This view  I use only sometimes - only when I use several multiroom devices parallel playing different sources. Because most of the time when I start a device I go first directly to the iPeng App to select the music (Album / Playlist) I want to listen to. Later on, when I want to change loudness or skip a track the iPeng widget shows automatically view 1 of the currently playing device.

3. View: A more detail view on the currently playing music with some more control keys. I personally never use this view - but I could imagine that it could be interesting for other users.

In summery basic music control via widget, so no need to open the App.

Millemissen
Top 10 Contributor
Flensborg, Denmark
14,488 Posts
Bronze Member

@Alsfeld

I tend to agree with you - widgets makes sense, when the give you basic control without having to open the actual app.

(Otherweise I’d just call them ‘shortcuts’).

Thanks for pointing to the widget for iPeng - did not know there was any.

Nowadays I use my LMS/Squezzebox too little obviously.

MM

There is a tv - and there is a BV.

mbolo01
Top 50 Contributor
Louannec - France
2,012 Posts
Bronze Member
Alsfeld:

I like the widget of iPeng

Surprise This one has a real added value ! When it will be compatible with IOS 14 widgets’ pile it will be even better.

mbolo01
Top 50 Contributor
Louannec - France
2,012 Posts
Bronze Member
FYI 3.5.2.30872 is out for all users, no changes with the current beta that I could see, same concerns and old bugs are still present.

Jaffrey2230
Top 150 Contributor
Washington DC
515 Posts
Bronze Member

I wish the widget had a logo for the Core. Right now it just shows the default image.

B&O in my life 😊: 

• Beolab 8002 + Beolab 2 + Beosound Core with Essence Remote (Office)
  • Beolab 6000 + Beolab 11 + Beosound Core with Essence Remote (Bedroom)
  • Beoplay A9 Mk2 (Living Room)
  • Beosound 1 with wireless dock (Portable)
  • Beosound Balance (Dining)
  • Beoplay H95 (Focused listening, travel)
  • Beoplay H9 (3rd gen) (retired)
  • Beoplay P6 (Portable)
  • Beotime wall clock (hallway entrance)
  • BMW X5 50i with B&O Audio Package (Commute/drive)

tph
Top 500 Contributor
Denmark
161 Posts
Bronze Member
tph replied on Tue, Sep 1 2020 3:51 PM

Millemissen:

@Alsfeld

I tend to agree with you - widgets makes sense, when the give you basic control without having to open the actual app.

(Otherweise I’d just call them ‘shortcuts’).

MM

Investing time in a highly interactive widgets on iOS might not make a lot of sense at this point in time – iOS 14 introduces significant changes to the widget API, and whilst the current style interactive widgets will still work, they can't be added to the home screen. The new widgets that can be placed on the home screen can basically only present shortcuts that launch the app, along with periodically updated data – much like how the Bang & Olufsen widget already works.

— Tuomas | Bang & Olufsen | Bang & Olufsen Create

Alsfeld
Top 500 Contributor
147 Posts
Founder

tph:
Investing time in a highly interactive widgets on iOS might not make a lot of sense at this point in time – iOS 14 introduces significant changes to the widget API,

Thank very much for the feedback directly from B&O.
It would be nice to get feedback from B&O more often, what thoughts and ideas are behind it. This comment is not limited to app development.

But anyway, who needs a widget to open an app, I don't understand the use-case?

mbolo01
Top 50 Contributor
Louannec - France
2,012 Posts
Bronze Member
Alsfeld:

But anyway, who needs a widget to open an app, I don't understand the use-case?

Some lazy folks maybe, to save 1 click and a swipe ?

Jaffrey2230
Top 150 Contributor
Washington DC
515 Posts
Bronze Member

I have been using the widget both on my iPhone and iPad. In fact it has made me use the B&O regularly vs. just AirPlaying to my speakers. I guess it just depends on your workflow. The convenience helps for me.

B&O in my life 😊: 

• Beolab 8002 + Beolab 2 + Beosound Core with Essence Remote (Office)
  • Beolab 6000 + Beolab 11 + Beosound Core with Essence Remote (Bedroom)
  • Beoplay A9 Mk2 (Living Room)
  • Beosound 1 with wireless dock (Portable)
  • Beosound Balance (Dining)
  • Beoplay H95 (Focused listening, travel)
  • Beoplay H9 (3rd gen) (retired)
  • Beoplay P6 (Portable)
  • Beotime wall clock (hallway entrance)
  • BMW X5 50i with B&O Audio Package (Commute/drive)

mbolo01
Top 50 Contributor
Louannec - France
2,012 Posts
Bronze Member
Jaffrey2230:

. The convenience helps for me.

Can you elaborate please? Where do you find it more convenient than directly open the app?

ngnear
Top 500 Contributor
242 Posts
Bronze Member
I have an Avant 55 MK1

Using the widget brings me directly to the remote control screen. Otherwise I need to start the app, select the TV and then select the remote screen.

So 1 click opposed to 3.

Tim
Page 3 of 5 (74 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next > | RSS
Beoworld Security Certificate

SSL