Nvidia Shield and Connection Hub volume

rated by 0 users
Not Answered This post has 0 verified answers | 8 Replies | 1 Follower

jacobtc
Not Ranked
9 Posts
Bronze Member
jacobtc posted on Mon, Aug 3 2020 4:48 PM

I recently purchased a Nvidia Shield Pro, which has a remote which can send out IR, however only volume up and down, there is no mute button. Does the Connection Hub really need all three buttons to be present to complete the learning setup? I would never use the mute button anyways...

All Replies

madskp
Top 500 Contributor
Denmark
288 Posts
Gold Member
jacobtc:

I recently purchased a Nvidia Shield Pro, which has a remote which can send out IR, however only volume up and down, there is no mute button. Does the Connection Hub really need all three buttons to be present to complete the learning setup? I would never use the mute button anyways...

What happens if you press both volume buttons at once?
jacobtc
Not Ranked
9 Posts
Bronze Member

Well it does accept it, but I am sceptical whether it is just taking either volume up or volume down signals, instead of mute. When I did it, it didn't seem to see the difference between volume up and down, and just kept increasing the volume even through I pressed volume down... Do you have a setup like this?

madskp
Top 500 Contributor
Denmark
288 Posts
Gold Member
No, I dont have it myself, but I read something about Nvidia Shield remote where mute was pressing both buttons at the same time
Hiort
Top 50 Contributor
Sweden
2,528 Posts
Bronze Member
Hiort replied on Tue, Aug 4 2020 8:51 AM
Mute is discussed here:

https://www.google.se/amp/s/amp.reddit.com/r/ShieldAndroidTV/comments/ehbmyr/protip_mute_button_on_2019_shield_remote/

Livingroom: BL3, BL11, BV11-46 Kitchen: Beosound 1 GVA, Beocom 2 Bathroom: M3 Library: A6, Beocom 6000 Bedroom: M5 Office: Beocom 2 Travel: Beoplay E8 2.0, Beoplay P2

jacobtc
Not Ranked
9 Posts
Bronze Member

Yes, I saw that, however it still doesn't seem to work, the volume down still increases the volume... Why won't the Hub support only a two button setup?

madskp
Top 500 Contributor
Denmark
288 Posts
Gold Member
Another idea if you dont need the mute functionallity could be to use another remote and press a button that you likely will never use for anything.
jacobtc
Not Ranked
9 Posts
Bronze Member

I actually also tried that, I used my Philips remote's mute button, but the Connection Hub didn't seem to detect the IR signal, when two remotes were used...

jacobtc
Not Ranked
9 Posts
Bronze Member

Got it working! The Shield asks which brand the TV is, this probably correlates to which IR codes are being sent out by the remote. I had chosen B&O as my TV maker before, however the remote did not work properly with that, so I tried choosing Sony as the manufacturer, and the Connection Hub seems to like those codes better. I was also able to map mute to a button on my other remote this way.

Page 1 of 1 (9 items) | RSS
Beoworld Security Certificate

SSL