rated by 0 users
Not Answered This post has 0 verified answers | 3 Replies | 0 Followers

eromano
Not Ranked
2 Posts
Bronze Member
eromano posted on Fri, Jul 31 2020 9:21 PM

Hi B&O world,  

I would like to connect a Beosound encore to 4 beolab 6000 speakers. As the speaker are located at different edges of the room, 2 of them are  currently wired connected to the Beosound (Powerlink daisy chained). For the 2 other speakers , I would like to use 2 beolab receivers with a Beolab transmitter 1. 

Here is my question : can I daisy chained the beolab transmitter with the 2 beolab which are connected to the Beosound Encore. In other term, the B&O input in the transmitter will come directly from the power link out of the beolab 6000 speaker. Is there going to be a lag between wired and non-wired speakers ?

Thank you for your help 

Best 

Elliot

All Replies

lawrencejmcook
Top 200 Contributor
401 Posts
Founder
Yes, the BL6000s connected to Transmitter 1 / Receiver 1 will lag the BL6000s directly connected to the BS5E.

If you had a BeoVision instead of a BS5E you could adjust the relative distances and thereby synchronise them.

Lawrence
eromano
Not Ranked
2 Posts
Bronze Member

Thank you Lawrence. Is there another way to prevent this ?

lawrencejmcook
Top 200 Contributor
401 Posts
Founder
Hi Elliott,

If you don’t want to go the Beovision route, and you definitely can’t wire the two rear speakers, then I would suggest another two Receiver 1s for the front speakers. Then you’ll be sending wirelessly to all 4 speakers and they should have - near enough - the same processing delay.

Are you absolutely certain you can’t discretely run the cables to the rear? This would be your cheapest and most robust option. Are you aware that you can run one cable from the BeoSound to a BL6000 (front L) then use another cable to go from the BL6000 (front L) to BL6000 (rear L). Then another from BL6000 (rear L) to BL6000 (rear R)?

Lawrence
Page 1 of 1 (4 items) | RSS
Beoworld Security Certificate

SSL