rated by 0 users
Not Answered This post has 0 verified answers | 5 Replies | 0 Followers

jesperhj
Not Ranked
1 Posts
Bronze Member
jesperhj posted on Wed, Jul 29 2020 10:38 AM

Dear Everyone, 

I have a Beovision 7-32 MKII - I have tried to connect chromecast with HDMI to DVI-I. Picture is perfect, but as many of you may know, with no sound to the beo 7.2 speaker. 

I got a tip from a person who are using HDMI to YPbPR on a BV7 MKII and this works perfect with sound and picture. unfortunately, he dosent know how it's works since a B&O technicial did it. 

Now i have bought a HDMI to YPbPR converter. (Same as link)

https://www.av-cables.dk/vga-converter/delock-av-multi-converter-til-hdmi-composite-component-phono-vga.html?gclid=Cj0KCQjwvIT5BRCqARIsAAwwD-T8DuX093Yv8QmNPVtUn0jFEjQ86jOu92TYHhIKNmA70k5tx8EWmRgaArREEALw_wcB

But i got no picture - I've tried with setting to choose HD-TV to yes YPbPR at D-TV. Is it something with settings or what can i do to make this work. 

Look forward to hear from all experts. 

Thank you in advance!! 

All Replies

kallasr
Top 50 Contributor
Germany
2,452 Posts
Bronze Member
HDMI out is wrong, should be HDMI in and YpbPr OUT (and into the BV).

Living Room: Beosystem 4, Beolab 7-6 (Center), Beolab 9 (Fronts), Beolab 8000 (Rears), no Subwoofer. Screen: Panasonic TX-P65STW60
Home Cinema: Beosystem 4, Beolab 7-2 (Center), Beolab Penta 2 (Fronts), Beolab 4000 (Rears) and Beolab 2. Projector: Sony VPL-HW55
Home Office: Beovision 10-40 on STB Bracket wall mount masterlinked to Beosound 9000 MK3 on horizontal wall bracket driving Beolab 5000 Speakers
Bedroom: Loewe TV with Beolab 6002 and Beolab 11 (all white, wall-mounted)
In storage: Beolab 5000/Beomaster 5000 (1960s). 

W.Frankenberg / Gandalf
Top 500 Contributor
Heilbronn / Germany
252 Posts
Bronze Member

jesperhj:

Hello, I think you bought The wrong converter!

What you need is a converter with HDMI in and YBPBR and Audio out!

I have the same configuration and I use a HDMI to DVI converter with audio out ,everything is OK!

wilfried

W.Frankenberg / Gandalf
Top 500 Contributor
Heilbronn / Germany
252 Posts
Bronze Member

jesperhj:

Dear Everyone, 

I have a Beovision 7-32 MKII - I have tried to connect chromecast with HDMI to DVI-I……....

I have an Apple TV 4th generation.

I have already posted the settings in BV7 in this forum, in this tread:

https://forum.beoworld.org/forums/p/38866/295361.aspx#295361

I still had my FirevTv stick on the BV7, the Apple TV Gen4 runs with the same settings!

I suspect that the chromecast will also run with these settings.

wilfried

ed7
Top 500 Contributor
103 Posts
Bronze Member
ed7 replied on Sat, Aug 1 2020 7:41 AM

Over the years the mystery of B&O 7-32 connections Roku 2720 worked for me ,👍 old device I do not think you can buy it now perhaps second hand still a viable?🤷‍♂️

philipo
Not Ranked
1 Posts
Bronze Member

I have the same question. I decided just buy new converter like this blog https://webproductradar.com/best-av-to-hdmi-converter

Page 1 of 1 (6 items) | RSS
Beoworld Security Certificate

SSL