rated by 0 users
Not Answered This post has 0 verified answers | 9 Replies | 0 Followers

Jonserinio
Not Ranked
5 Posts
Bronze Member
Jonserinio posted on Mon, Jul 27 2020 1:13 PM

Hello everyone.

This is my first post as I have just joined.

Ive have had my Beolab 3000 system for years with the beolab 2500 mkii speakers attached to the system. I then bought a pair of 6000 speakers and the beolab active  subwoofer..

Ive just bought an RX2 to add to this for my old vinyl records.

One of my 2500 speakers does not play. Do I need to add a splitter of some sort to the back of the beolab 3000  to activate the speaker thats not working?

Can the beogram be linked to the beolab?

Thanks

All Replies

Hiort
Top 50 Contributor
Sweden
2,503 Posts
Bronze Member
Hiort replied on Mon, Jul 27 2020 9:54 PM
Jonserinio:

Hello everyone.

This is my first post as I have just joined.

Ive have had my Beolab 3000 system for years with the beolab 2500 mkii speakers attached to the system. I then bought a pair of 6000 speakers and the beolab active subwoofer..

Ive just bought an RX2 to add to this for my old vinyl records.

One of my 2500 speakers does not play. Do I need to add a splitter of some sort to the back of the beolab 3000 to activate the speaker thats not working?

Can the beogram be linked to the beolab?

Thanks

Welcome to the forum.Smile

If I recall correctly the RX2 has no built in preamp, and neither have Beosound 3000 (that I think you refer to), so you need to add that into your setup.

Regarding the speaker problem, can you please explain how the units are connected today?

Livingroom: BL3, BL11, BV11-46 Kitchen: Beosound 1 GVA, Beocom 2 Bathroom: M3 Library: A6, Beocom 6000 Bedroom: M5 Office: Beocom 2 Travel: Beoplay E8 2.0, Beoplay P2

Jonserinio
Not Ranked
5 Posts
Bronze Member

Thanks for your reply.

I have the beosound 3000 and not beolab.

I unplugged one of the plugs to the 2500 speakers and plugged it into the 6000 speaker and from there to the subwoofer. Ive been trying to fathom it out and found that some have said to plug in the subwoofer to the beosound and from the subwoofer to all the other speakers. Is that right?

I have also read that there is a left and right switch on these. Do I simply switch to whatever side i want the sound to come from?

I currently have a TV in the middle, Beosound underneath the tv with beolab 2500 either side of that, beolab 6000 either side of them and the subwoofer on the left hand side of the 6000 speaker as I look at the TV.

Hope this clarifies a bit.

Can I make these old speakers wireless by any chance?  All the cables look a bit ugly to me.

Thanks again

Hiort
Top 50 Contributor
Sweden
2,503 Posts
Bronze Member
Hiort replied on Tue, Jul 28 2020 10:38 AM
What sub are you using?

It’s correct that you can have one power link cable from the BS3000 to one of the BL6000 and from there run a power link cable to the other BL6000, and set the switch to configure the speaker to either right or left channel.

The signal that goes over the Powerlink include both left and right channel information.

There are solutions for wireless connection:

https://www.bang-olufsen.com/en/speakers/beolab-transmitter-1

You then need a transmitter and one receiver per speaker.

Livingroom: BL3, BL11, BV11-46 Kitchen: Beosound 1 GVA, Beocom 2 Bathroom: M3 Library: A6, Beocom 6000 Bedroom: M5 Office: Beocom 2 Travel: Beoplay E8 2.0, Beoplay P2

Hiort
Top 50 Contributor
Sweden
2,503 Posts
Bronze Member
Hiort replied on Tue, Jul 28 2020 1:44 PM
I’m not sure you can daisy chain the BL2500 speakers. In that case you need a Y-splitter for one the Power Link sockets so you can run cable to the BL6000.

Hiort
Top 50 Contributor
Sweden
2,503 Posts
Bronze Member
Hiort replied on Tue, Jul 28 2020 2:27 PM
Here is a thread discussing a similar setup.

https://forum.beoworld.org/forums/t/5767.aspx

Jonserinio
Not Ranked
5 Posts
Bronze Member

thank you

Jonserinio
Not Ranked
5 Posts
Bronze Member

Hi.

I have bought a pre amp. I connected the rand L speaker from the RX2 to the preamp and from there to the aux equipment on my beosound 3000. With one of the speaker ports ive  a lead going to the boe lab 2 sub woofer. From there to one beolab 6000 speaker and from there to the other 6000 speaker. They dont work with the left or right speaker switch though and only work when the switch is set to the middle.

Ive not got enough leads yet for the other speakers but ive got leads on order.

Thanks for your help

Jaffrey2230
Top 200 Contributor
Washington DC
361 Posts
Bronze Member

So your connection is:

1. PowerLink out from BS 3000 to BeoLab 2

2. PowerLink out from BL 2 to Beolab speaker 1

3. PowerLink from BL speaker 1 to speaker 2.

4. You have set speaker 1 and 2 as L/R accordingly.

you should check/ try switching the port on speaker 2 to see if that fixes the problem. I didn’t recall the switches on my BL 6000 now, but I believe, the middle is for right and bottom is line-in. So looks like you are not getting the left signal. 

B&O products I use by zones in my home: 

Platform: Apple Home  (iOS/Mac, with Google Wi-fi (3x mesh), 100% streaming audio (Sirius XM, Apple Music, YouTube Music); TV/Office: Beolab 8002 (Red) + Beolab 2 [Sony 65A1E OLED TV, Apple TV 4K]; Living: Beoplay A9 (MK2), Bedroom: Beolab 6000 (Red) + Beolab 11 + Beosound Core w/ Essence Remote [LG UST Projector directly to wall (appox. 75 inches), Apple TV 4K]; Guest Rooms: Apple HomePods Dining: Beoplay M5 [previously BS Stage] ; Portable in-house: Beosound 1 with dock; Travel/bluetooth: Beoplay P6, BeoPlay H9 (3rd Gen), Apple AirPod Pro. 

Jonserinio
Not Ranked
5 Posts
Bronze Member

Thanks Jaffrey

I will try that thanks

Page 1 of 1 (10 items) | RSS
Beoworld Security Certificate

SSL