rated by 0 users
Not Answered This post has 0 verified answers | 8 Replies | 1 Follower

TitaniumTim
Not Ranked
11 Posts
Bronze Member
TitaniumTim posted on Sun, Jul 26 2020 12:33 PM

Morning all,

I think this is probably a long shot but I’m hoping someone can either help, point me in the right direction, or tell me that I’m wasting my time!

I have a B&O TV cabinet and one of the hinges has broken. I’ve tried superglue but it doesn’t hold, so I either need a new piece, or a whole new hinge.

The cabinet is described as a type 4658 on the sticker on the back, item 1465846, serial no. 21415958.

Thanks in advance!

All Replies

Beowulf
Not Ranked
22 Posts
Bronze Member

Try laminating a piece of metal filed to the same shape and bond it with JB Weld, make sure every surface is degreased.

TitaniumTim
Not Ranked
11 Posts
Bronze Member

Hi Beowulf,

Thanks for the suggestion. I’m hoping someone will come along and say “This happens all the time and you can get cheap replacements at www.blah.com”!

Spassmaker
Top 500 Contributor
North Germany
218 Posts
Silver Member

Hi Tim

Had the same Problem with the 3 Drawer Cabinet.

Try to glue a piece of plastic or Metal of 4 mm Thickness underneath the Break. Helped me a lot and gives much more strength on the Break.

Make shure that there is enough Space that the Arms can move free in their working Position.

Best Regards

Christian

RaMaBo
Top 150 Contributor
near Munich
619 Posts
Gold Member
RaMaBo replied on Tue, Jul 28 2020 10:21 PM

Hi,

the complete hinge should be available.

according to your picture it's the right hinge. The order number is: 3030157 Hinge, right.

It shouldn't be to expensive. It's the complete hinge, including the plastic part which is mounted to the front panel.

Ralph-Marcus

TitaniumTim
Not Ranked
11 Posts
Bronze Member

Hi Ralph-Marcus,

That is great news, thank you. Is there a B&O parts/spares website somewhere that I've not found? I can't see anything on the main B&O site.

Thanks.

RaMaBo
Top 150 Contributor
near Munich
619 Posts
Gold Member
RaMaBo replied on Wed, Jul 29 2020 8:42 AM

Hi,

there's no special website. The information is from the servicemanual for the Beovision 8-40 which also contains parts list for all stand options.

You can get access to the section, where all manuals here on www.beoworld.org by getting silver or gold member status.

Ralph-Marcus

TitaniumTim
Not Ranked
11 Posts
Bronze Member

Ahh, understood. Thank you, I do appreciate your help.

TitaniumTim
Not Ranked
11 Posts
Bronze Member

Hello again,

I'm being told by my local B&O dealer that unfortunately the hinge is no longer available to order and is marked obsolete.

He is recommending Ebay or contacting all the B&O dealers as it’s possible that someone is sitting on old stock.

Anyone have any potential leads for obsolete old stock?

Thanks.

Page 1 of 1 (9 items) | RSS
Beoworld Security Certificate

SSL