rated by 0 users
Answered (Verified) This post has 1 verified answer | 10 Replies | 2 Followers

beolit39
Not Ranked
43 Posts
Bronze Member
beolit39 posted on Tue, Jul 21 2020 2:08 PM

Hello,

I've recently added a MLGW MkII (sw 2.24b, repo 2014-10-17) to my existing Master Link system.

The objective is just to control the ML system via the Beolink app (at the moment I'm using an IPAD 1st gen. , IOS 9).

No home automation control needed.

------

The existing ML system (fully working) goes like that:

- MAIN ROOM:

AUDIO "MASTER": BEOLINK CONVERTER 1611, SW 1.3 - (BEOSYSTEM 7000)

VIDEO "MASTER": BEOVISION 7 40 MK6 (+ BL7.1 + V8000 + HDR1 + WDTV + HUMAX HDR FOX T2 (as a BV7 internal dtv backup + recorder) + BEO 6)

- LINK ROOM 1: BEOLAB 3500

- LINK ROOM 2: BEOLINK VIDEO MK2 1615, SW 1.1 - (BEOVISION MX 7000)

- LINK ROOM 3: BEOLINK PASSIVE (CX100 + CONA)

------

As for installation of MLGW, I plugged the ML cable into the MLGW and configured it as follows: 

- I uploaded my working Beo6 configuration and then I assigned all products on the MLGW.

- I downloaded and installed the Beolink app on my IPAD (1st gen - IOS 9)

ISSUES:

- The Beoink app sees just 2 out of 4 rooms (just the Main Room (both the 2 zones) and Link Room 2 are visible in the app). No way of seeing Link Rooms 1 and 3 on the IPAD.

- The only command I can succesfully send via the IPAD is the "ALL STANDBY": it actually switch everything off. No other action possible. 

- I uninstalled and re-installed the app several times with no result.

- After the installation of the MLGW, on the ML side, Beo6 in the main room and Beo4s in links rooms can fully operate without any problem.

Any suggestions to solve the issues...?

Thanks in advance!

mauro

Answered (Verified) Verified Answer

beolit39
Not Ranked
43 Posts
Bronze Member
Verified by Zeus_72

PS
Just to be clear: everything refers to the B&O products controls in the Beolink/Beolink2 IOS apps (ipad) which is my only purpose at the moment with the MLGW.

All Replies

beolit39
Not Ranked
43 Posts
Bronze Member

Any suggestions from MLGW experts ?

:-)

thanks!

mauro

stefan
Top 50 Contributor
200 miles from Struer
2,894 Posts
Founder
stefan replied on Thu, Jul 23 2020 11:37 AM

Can you see the adresses of the products/zones in the MLGW setup webpage?

Did you assign the zones be capturing on the resources page?

I have no experience with the import of the Beo5 config tool setup, so did you try to create missing zones manually?

Hope this helps

Stefan

beolit39
Not Ranked
43 Posts
Bronze Member
beolit39 replied on Fri, Jul 24 2020 10:10 AM

Hi Stefan,

Thanks for your message.

- MLGW SETUP PAGE. That's what I can see. Rooms and products (with codes and numbers) appeared there after uploading my current Beo6 working configuration. I did not make any manual correction to that. 

- Then I started the procedure of assignment for all products (switching everything on in the requested sequence etc... etc...)

- On MLGW web page everything seems ok (the image reflects exactly my working real ML configuration).

- Apparently the issue is on the IPAD (Beolink app) where I cannot see room 4 and 5, and also there's no way of sending any command with the exception of "ALL STDBY" which switches everything OFF.

mauro

beojeff
Top 50 Contributor
USA
1,926 Posts
Bronze Member
beojeff replied on Fri, Jul 24 2020 12:32 PM

I would start over and manually discover all of the devices instead of loading a Beo5/6 configuration. Is your BeoSystem 7000 in option 0 with the IR being received by the BeoVision 7? If so, keep that in mind. Also, you have to add the appropriate sources for each device in the MLG configuration.

beolit39
Not Ranked
43 Posts
Bronze Member

Hi Beojeff,

My Beosystem 7000 is in option 1, as well as the BV7. 

They are located in the main room as audio and video master (two zones in the Beo6 configuration).

Both the devices can receive IR codes.

As for sources, do you mean I should indicate also things like Beocord V8000, HDR1, set top boxes  etc in the MLGW web configuration.... ?

mauro

beolit39
Not Ranked
43 Posts
Bronze Member

Anyway, I started over again without uploading my Beo5/6 configuration (I manually added rooms and products and then activated all products and added sources for each device...).

In this case the Beolink app does not see any ML room. It remains empty.

mauro

stefan
Top 50 Contributor
200 miles from Struer
2,894 Posts
Founder
stefan replied on Wed, Jul 29 2020 11:42 AM

Sounds like the products are still not assigned...(?)

http://mlgw.bang-olufsen.dk/source/documents/mlgw_2.10a/MLGW%20Help%202.10a.pdf

Page 21

MasterLink products have no fixed addressing, so you should provide an address yourself (on the column MLN(Masterlink Node)). Once you finish addressing each product, you need to associate that address to the actualproducts. This procedure is called product assignment.Products which have not been yet assigned will show with a warning on the configuration screen.There are 2 ways to assign products. Standalone product assignment consists of a single procedure which allowsassignment of all products in the installation. Single product assignment will assign or reassign products one at a

time, and can be useful for changes or for situations with just a couple of products.During product assignment, you will need to go through all products, activating them in order of MLN. Instructionswill be provided on-screen

And yes, you must configure also HDR1, DVD1... stb you will find them in B&O sources, PUC sources...

Stefan

beolit39
Not Ranked
43 Posts
Bronze Member

I'm a bit late maybe... :-)

Anyway, I manually re-assigned all the products one by one, and manually configure all the sources and command, testing and saving each time and... it works!!

Thanks to all !!!!

Now, just one issue left: there's no way of including the Beosystem 7000 (aka the beolink converter 1611)... The manual assignment procedure can't turn the product off and remains in a sort of waiting time, and the product can't be controlled via the app.

Is there a technical reason like sw version, type number or similar? The converter is a 1611, sw 1.3, serial 94221471. It is placed in the same room as the main Video (the Beovision 7 40 mk6). I also tried to create a different separate room but no results...

Summary:

FUNCTIONING:

BEOVISION 7 40 MK6

BEOLAB 3500

BEOLINK PASSIVE

BEOVISION MX 7000

NOT FUNCTIONING:

BEOSYSTEM 7000 (BEOLINK CONVERTER 1611)

Thanks!

mauro

beolit39
Not Ranked
43 Posts
Bronze Member
Verified by Zeus_72

PS
Just to be clear: everything refers to the B&O products controls in the Beolink/Beolink2 IOS apps (ipad) which is my only purpose at the moment with the MLGW.

Giovanni
Not Ranked
San Francisco Bay Area
54 Posts
Bronze Member

Just in case you reconsider the home automation integration, I built an integration with Home Assistant, the leading open-sourche home automation, here:

https://github.com/giachello/mlgw

It has an added function that it can read the actual Masterlink Traffic so it has much more functionality than just light/control commands, in fact it can basically respond to any key command in the system on any device.

Page 1 of 1 (11 items) | RSS
Beoworld Security Certificate

SSL