rated by 0 users
Not Answered This post has 0 verified answers | 47 Replies | 0 Followers

Fritz
Top 500 Contributor
272 Posts
Bronze Member
Fritz posted on Tue, Jul 21 2020 11:13 AM

Dear All

The BM 5 Netradio Station List seems to be EOL according to Beo Support UK.

Latest update are from 15-12-2019 / 10-01-2020. This seems to be the last and final.

Brgds/Fritz  

All Replies

Razlaw
Top 25 Contributor
4,243 Posts
Bronze Member
Razlaw replied on Thu, Aug 20 2020 12:38 PM
Which list will the Beomaster 5 use if connected to both a Beosound 5 and a tv simultaneously?

Beolab 50s Beolab 9s Beolab 12-3s Beolab 1s Beolab 6000s 2 pairs Beolab 4000s Beovision 7-55 Beovision 10-40 Beoplay V1 32 inch Beovision Avant 32 inch Beosound 1 (CD player) Beosound 3000 Beosound 5 Core Essence MKII Beoplay M5

Fritz
Top 500 Contributor
272 Posts
Bronze Member
Fritz replied on Thu, Aug 20 2020 1:21 PM

It will only use and update the BS5 N.Radio station list which is updated weekly.

Razlaw
Top 25 Contributor
4,243 Posts
Bronze Member
Razlaw replied on Thu, Aug 20 2020 3:04 PM
Deleted edit

Beolab 50s Beolab 9s Beolab 12-3s Beolab 1s Beolab 6000s 2 pairs Beolab 4000s Beovision 7-55 Beovision 10-40 Beoplay V1 32 inch Beovision Avant 32 inch Beosound 1 (CD player) Beosound 3000 Beosound 5 Core Essence MKII Beoplay M5

Fritz
Top 500 Contributor
272 Posts
Bronze Member
Fritz replied on Thu, Aug 20 2020 3:16 PM

There might be two issues:
Check that the BS5 is set to automatic software update.
If so, the database might be corrupt, then do as follows
From B&O Support:
Usually, the product updates the database once a week.If the CD ripper has not been used on the device you can then delete the database on the Beosound 5.
To do so lever on mode => wheel on settings => press right+left+right+left arrow then GO => maintenance => delete databases thence the system will reboot. Wait for a database to download after rebooting.

Razlaw
Top 25 Contributor
4,243 Posts
Bronze Member
Razlaw replied on Thu, Aug 20 2020 10:05 PM
Thank you. The database solution fixed the problem. Now shows today’s date as last update. Additionally it fixed a problem with a station that had stopped working on both the Beosound 5 and my net link products. Still does not work on NL but does on the Beosound 5 now.

Fritz
Top 500 Contributor
272 Posts
Bronze Member
Fritz replied on Fri, Aug 21 2020 12:45 AM

Nice to hear :)
About NetLink, it might be a setup issue in the ML/NL converter.
Thats why i am using BM5 as standalone using MasterLink for remote operation..

Razlaw
Top 25 Contributor
4,243 Posts
Bronze Member
Razlaw replied on Fri, Aug 21 2020 1:02 AM
I don’t have a converter. NL and ML products work separately .

Fritz
Top 500 Contributor
272 Posts
Bronze Member
Fritz replied on Fri, Aug 21 2020 1:35 AM

The BS5 was designed for ML operation, then the BS5 software was updated to use the Network using Beo6 two way.
If the BS5 works after the N.radio list update, this means that ML link will work also.using N.music and N.radio.
Via the Netlink the BM5 can transfer N.music and N.Radion to a BV without a ML connection. Eg BV11.

If your Netlink product has the same issue, then you need to do a Database cleanup. Reference the extended usermanual for the specific product,, similar to the BS5.
I have used a NL/ML converter, and here it was a setup issue, Used a lot of time to solve this, but after it worked perfect.
Hope this information could help.

Razlaw
Top 25 Contributor
4,243 Posts
Bronze Member
Razlaw replied on Fri, Aug 21 2020 1:55 AM
I don’t think that is the problem. There is another thread here about similar problems. Others have tried the station that I have problems with and their systems behave exactly the same as mine if they try the station.

Fritz
Top 500 Contributor
272 Posts
Bronze Member
Fritz replied on Fri, Aug 21 2020 3:39 AM

I fully understand, and a total reset and reboot will not be an option in this case.
Hope that you will getting it solved. BM5 uses one platform, BS5 another etc.
It would have been smart if only one platform was used.
Good Luck

Carolpa
Top 75 Contributor
1,554 Posts
Bronze Member
Carolpa replied on Fri, Aug 21 2020 11:45 AM

Fritz:
The BS5 was designed for ML operation, then the BS5 software was updated to use the Network using Beo6 two way.
Both Beomaster 5 and Beo6 were never NL products.

Fritz:
Via the Netlink the BM5 can transfer N.music and N.Radion to a BV without a ML connection. Eg BV11.
Please elaborate! To my knowledge there ALWAYS had to be a ML connection to distribute the sources of the BM5.

So you're implying that giving the N.Music command on a BV11 would start N.Music on the BM5 without the need of a Beolink NL/ML converter?????

Fritz
Top 500 Contributor
272 Posts
Bronze Member
Fritz replied on Fri, Aug 21 2020 5:34 PM

BM 5 could not, I am refering to BS5 and BEO6 with latest SW updates. .
BV 11 had to be setup for this.I got support from B&O Denmark:
This because that I have a BS4DAB+ connected

At first the ML/NL converter did not support this, however a firmware update for the ML/NL converter solved this.
But to get this to work was a setup nightmare in the ML/ML converter, as the setup manual was not updated.
Again aid from B&O support Denmark.

BV11 with speakers connected in option 2 & network connected to wireles router.
BS5, as audio master option 0 & Network connected to wireles router.
BEO6 as remote wifi connected to wireless router.Special setup for BV11.
Only audio from BS5 via BV11 speakers using BEO6 for operations.
Only working in Main Room, no link posible (came later with SW update of the ML/NL Converter)
(My BS4DAB+ had to be disconnected from BS5, and no ML connection from BS5)

I dropped BV11 and changed to BV7-40 MKVI and dropped the ML/NL converter and dropped the BS5 unit and only using BM5 as I have a BS4DAB+. This works perfect using ML only, incl linkrooms. 
Hope that this will clarify 

Carolpa
Top 75 Contributor
1,554 Posts
Bronze Member
Fritz:

BM 5 could not, I am refering to BS5 and BEO6 with latest SW updates. . BV 11 had to be setup for this.I got support from B&O Denmark: This because that I have a BS4DAB+ connected At first the ML/NL converter did not support this, however a firmware update for the ML/NL converter solved this. But to get this to work was a setup nightmare in the ML/ML converter, as the setup manual was not updated. Again aid from B&O support Denmark.

BV11 with speakers connected in option 2 & network connected to wireles router. BS5, as audio master option 0 & Network connected to wireles router. BEO6 as remote wifi connected to wireless router.Special setup for BV11. Only audio from BS5 via BV11 speakers using BEO6 for operations. Only working in Main Room, no link posible (came later with SW update of the ML/NL Converter) (My BS4DAB+ had to be disconnected from BS5, and no ML connection from BS5)

I dropped BV11 and changed to BV7-40 MKVI and dropped the ML/NL converter and dropped the BS5 unit and only using BM5 as I have a BS4DAB+. This works perfect using ML only, incl linkrooms. Hope that this will clarify

okay, I read it incorrect. But still the BS5 is no NL device. So I still got no idea how did you manage to get NMusic from the BS5 playing on the BV11 without an NL/ML converter.

The setup you finally describe is a ML setup.....and it will work fine indeed.

Beobuddy
Top 25 Contributor
Utrecht, The Netherlands
3,932 Posts
Founder

Carolpa:

But still the BS5 is no NL device. So I still got no idea how did you manage to get NMusic from the BS5 playing on the BV11 without an NL/ML converter.

Indeed, The BS5 is just from the ML era. But might it be possible that the BS5 has been set up as musicserver?

Carolpa
Top 75 Contributor
1,554 Posts
Bronze Member
Carolpa replied on Sat, Aug 22 2020 12:30 PM

Beobuddy:
But might it be possible that the BS5 has been set up as musicserver?
True, but the BS5 is then no more than a music server. On the BV11 one has to use the Homemedia-source to play the music stored on the BS5. 

Still you do not play the music on the BS5 and reproduce it on the BV11, you merely read the files from the HDD of the BM5.

Page 3 of 4 (48 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 Next > | RSS
Beoworld Security Certificate

SSL