Sign in   |  Join   |  Help

DVD 1 Mk1 permanent multi-region change by dealers?

rated by 0 users
Not Answered This post has 0 verified answers | 5 Replies | 2 Followers

Dave Farr
Top 50 Contributor
France
2,280 Posts
Gold Member
Dave Farr posted on Thu, Jul 16 2020 2:09 PM

Dealers could apparently change the region coding to multi-region permanently.  Anyone know how to do this?

Thanks.

All Replies

madskp
Top 500 Contributor
Denmark
278 Posts
Gold Member
madskp replied on Thu, Jul 16 2020 2:47 PM
Back in the late 90’s there was a Small danish company who made a small electronic board as a more permanent region change solution for DVD players from B&O and a lot of other brands. The solution was called a KeyMaster and had to be soldered to sevarel internal points on the print board of the DVD player. It will probably be difficult to find this solution today.
9 LEE
Top 10 Contributor
Eastbourne, UK
7,138 Posts
Founder
9 LEE replied on Thu, Jul 16 2020 3:05 PM

I have a 'Magic Beo4' which can multi region the Avant DVD !!   I think it came from the B&O factory, but not sure. It works.. I've tried it.

I do remember the Keymaster though, but never saw a DVD1 converted.

Lee

Guy
Top 50 Contributor
Buckinghamshire
1,963 Posts
Gold Member
Guy replied on Thu, Jul 16 2020 6:17 PM

Same question twice in a day - I already replied here: https://forum.beoworld.org/forums/p/43158/313286.aspx#313286

And as I said I purchased a DVD1 KeyMaster kit (for 99p!) on eBay a couple of years back.  It's buried in one of many boxes I think!

Dave Farr
Top 50 Contributor
France
2,280 Posts
Gold Member
I just read it this morning. Helen from QDA was asking about it on Facebook in one of the B&O forums. I wonder how feasible it is to recreate that Keymaster board?
duncanhall
Not Ranked
9 Posts
Bronze Member

Hi Lee,

It would be great if you could post any further info. that you might have regarding this 'Beo4', e.g serial numbers, how did you come by it etc., even the procedure of how it is used to convert DVD to multiregion would be part of the puzzle. If anybody has one of these that works with instructions I would be interested to buy it if they no longer need it.

Cheers,

Duncan.

Page 1 of 1 (6 items) | RSS
Beoworld Security Certificate

SSL