B&O 4002 repair

rated by 0 users
Not Answered This post has 0 verified answers | 5 Replies | 1 Follower

davidosborne436
Not Ranked
6 Posts
Bronze Member
davidosborne436 posted on Wed, Jul 15 2020 7:27 PM

I just received a 4002 turntable in the mail. and it's damaged (at the back). To get compensation from USPS I need an estimate from a legitimate repair company in the US. Ideally I can send photos - but i'm in LA if anyone knows anyone locally.

Any recommendations would be appreciated?

Thanks

All Replies

Dillen
Top 10 Contributor
Copenhagen / Denmark
11,821 Posts
Founder
Dillen replied on Thu, Jul 16 2020 7:17 AM

One for Beolover or Sonavor, perhaps?

Martin

sonavor
Top 50 Contributor
Texas, United States
3,319 Posts
Gold Member

Hi,

I have received B&O vintage items via USPS that arrived with shipping damage. In those cases the sender is the one that insured the item so they are the ones that need to deal with the shipper (USPS) regarding the damage.

If the damage is easily seen, post some photos please, then USPS shouldn't have any issue with honoring an insurance claim. If this was a purchase through Ebay and/or PayPal then there should be avenues there for a refund as well.

The burden shouldn't be on you to get a damage estimate for a refund. That should be a task for the seller.

-sonavor

Gregg
Top 500 Contributor
Colorado USA
110 Posts
Gold Member
Gregg replied on Thu, Jul 16 2020 8:33 PM
TEKMG is LA is a B&O certified repair center that has provided quotes on vintage repair. jt@tekmg.com
davidosborne436
Not Ranked
6 Posts
Bronze Member

Thanks to everyone for the responses.

unfortunately its more complicated. I sold it and the buyer returned it for spurious reasons. So I have to deal with it....

I found a place in burbank - Tekmedia - who have been good to work with so far. Now I have to deal with USPS. Wish me luck...

davidosborne436
Not Ranked
6 Posts
Bronze Member

Thanks to everyone for the responses.

unfortunately its more complicated. I sold it and the buyer returned it for spurious reasons. So I have to deal with it....

I found a place in burbank - Tekmedia - who have been good to work with so far. Now I have to deal with USPS. Wish me luck...

Page 1 of 1 (6 items) | RSS
Beoworld Security Certificate

SSL