Sign in   |  Join   |  Help

Integrating Beosystem 7000 +BV11-55 + BS9000 with Beolink 7000 and Beo4 or Beoremote 1

rated by 0 users
Answered (Verified) This post has 1 verified answer | 7 Replies | 0 Followers

Doubleola
Not Ranked
San Francisco
23 Posts
Gold Member
Doubleola posted on Wed, Jul 15 2020 1:11 AM

Hello All,

Looking for some advise on setup for ease of use in same room. So far having issue isolating remotes or functions activated unexpectedly.

I just consolidated all my B&O AV in my living room and ended up with a complete Beosystem 7000 (Beogram CD, record player, Beocord and Beomaster), Beosound 9000, Beovision 11-55, BL18's,BL17's BL19. 

The Beosound 9000 is connected via ML to NL/ML converter and Beomaster connected via powerlink to AV in BV11. All speakers are connected to BV 11. I have 2 extra NL/ML, an MCL to ML box and considering switching from AV to NL/ML fo Beomaster 7000 connection.

I currently use a Beo 4 nav version and want to integrate my beolink 7000 RDS into mix. I was hoping to just use the Beolink 7000 to operate Beosystem and enjoy 2 way communication and use Beo 4 or Beoremote one for everything else.

A few issues I have

• Activating Phono on beolink 7000 activate netradio on TV and Beosound 9000
  • Using Beolink 7000 to control Beomaster works sometimes and sometimes not
  • Using Beolink 7000 to control CD activates both beogram and BS9000 which activates CD mode on TV
  • Playing records requires switching from netradio back to AV and controlling volume on Beomaster first and then BV11

Hoping someone has had success integrating something like this successfully.

Answered (Verified) Verified Answer

beojeff
Top 75 Contributor
USA
1,699 Posts
Bronze Member
Answered (Verified) beojeff replied on Sun, Jul 19 2020 12:12 PM
Verified by Doubleola

Doubleola:

@beojeff, Should I assume that I need to remove the dummy plug from the line in/out input of BM 7000 and connect a 7 pin data cable between the MCL/ML converter and ML out to ML of second the NL/ML converter? I also have an extra gateway unit and curious if this would also work in lieu of Nl/ML converter?

Thanks

Although the hardware is the same, the BLGW and NL/ML Converter have different software.

All Replies

Gregg
Top 500 Contributor
Colorado USA
110 Posts
Gold Member
Answered (Not Verified) Gregg replied on Wed, Jul 15 2020 6:37 AM
Suggested by Gregg

A beautiful setup there. Is your Beolink 7000 in two way mode? If it is, then I think it’s commands should not affect the BV or BS9000. However, if it is in one way then it will operate all of the units at the same time. B&O foolishly reused the PHONO remote sequence for Net Radio. Thats why PHONO is causing the odd behavior. I have a very similar setup with a BS4500, Beolink 7000, Beo 4 Nav and BS3 driving a projector, with BL5000s, BL7-4, and BL2500’s in the rear, and a BS 9000 in a link room. The BS4500 output goes into an RCA jack assigned to A.PC on the BS3. The IR puck for the BS3 is under the screen, and the BS4500 is on a different wall. On the Beo4 nav you can attenuate the IR signal. So I have to point the Beo 4 right at the puck to control the BS3, and with the attenuation it does not affect the BS 4500. To play a record it does require two commands PHONO from the BL7000 (or the Beo 4 pointed at the BS4500) and then A.PC on the Beo4 pointed at the puck under the screen. 

If you orient the BS7000 so it is not in view of the Beo 4 when pointed at the BV11/BS9000 (and you have attenuated the Beo 4 output) and put the BL7000 in two way mode, you should be able to make this work without changing any connections.  

- Gregg 

beojeff
Top 75 Contributor
USA
1,699 Posts
Bronze Member
beojeff replied on Wed, Jul 15 2020 11:11 AM

Using a BeoRemote One and connecting the BS7000 with an NL/ML Converter will give you the perfect operation. You currently have the BeoVision 11 in Beo 4/5/6 IR mode. You need to change that to "Beovision" mode so that the Beo 4/5/6 IR mode is disabled. Then, you use the "BeoVision" mode of the BeoRemote One. You can add both NL/ML Converters to the BeoVision 11 under "product integration/link to other products". If the Phono/N.Radio source is still causing problems, you can freely map your beogram turntable as another source on the NL/ML Converter.

I have a very similar setup with a BeoSystem 4 with a BeoSound 9000 and BeoSystem 5500 in the same room. Once I use the BeoRemote One (in "BeoVision" mode) to activate the source via the BeoSystem 4, I can use the Master Control Panel 5500 (which has 2-way communication) to control the BeoSystem 5500. There is no interference with the BeoSystem 4 from the MCP 5500.

I've found that the N.Radio/Phono source can have weird results in activating the n.music of the BeoSystem 4 even when it's in beovision ir mode. Therefore, it's a good idea to use another source mapped via the NL/ML Converter.

Gregg
Top 500 Contributor
Colorado USA
110 Posts
Gold Member
Gregg replied on Wed, Jul 15 2020 9:37 PM

The reason that you have to adjust volume on the Beomaster with the PHONO is because you are using POWERLINK output to connect to the BV. POWERLINK levels go up and down with volume control. On the other hand if you use the LINE outputs on the TAPE 2 jack on the BM7000, you will only need to adjust volume on the BV. Steve at SoundsHeavenly can whip up the right cable for you. This is how I connected to the BV in my setup - using the TAPE2 output on the BM4500. 

I re-confirmed that the BS9000 does not respond to my Beolink 7000 when it is in 2 way mode. 

In order to get it to work in two way mode, delete ALL components on the PANEL/SETUP/SYSTEM/COMPNTS menu. Then, add RADIO, CD, or PHONO and it will send a command to the BM7000, when it gets a reply it will then be in two way mode. 

-Gregg

Doubleola
Not Ranked
San Francisco
23 Posts
Gold Member

@beojeff and @gregg Thanks so much for the detailed replies. I will give the beoremote one and NL/ML route a go and report back. 

Doubleola
Not Ranked
San Francisco
23 Posts
Gold Member

@beojeff, Should I assume that I need to remove the dummy plug from the line in/out input of BM 7000 and connect a 7 pin data cable between the MCL/ML converter and ML out to ML of second the NL/ML converter? I also have an extra gateway unit and curious if this would also work in lieu of Nl/ML converter?

Thanks

Gregg
Top 500 Contributor
Colorado USA
110 Posts
Gold Member
Gregg replied on Fri, Jul 17 2020 6:49 PM
The 7 pin AUX cable goes to the TV/AUX jack on the BM7000 from the ML/MCL convertor. The jack on the BM7000 with the plug is rarely used. It is for connecting a non B&O equalizer to adjust frequency response.

Once it is all connected everything needs to have all power plugs out then out back in.

beojeff
Top 75 Contributor
USA
1,699 Posts
Bronze Member
Answered (Verified) beojeff replied on Sun, Jul 19 2020 12:12 PM
Verified by Doubleola

Doubleola:

Thanks

Although the hardware is the same, the BLGW and NL/ML Converter have different software.

Page 1 of 1 (8 items) | RSS
Beoworld Security Certificate

SSL