This post has 20 Replies | 1 Follower

Steve at Sounds Heavenly
Top 50 Contributor
The cable workshop, Leics, UK
Posts 1,837
Gold Member
Steve at Sounds Heavenly Posted: Sat, Jul 11 2020 4:29 PM

Hi Beoworlders,

If the first half of 2020 has been a bit disappointing, here are some reasons why the next 12 months are looking good for B&O fans! https://youtu.be/3W7wqs-R5JQ

Kind regards, Steve.

Steve.

www.soundsheavenly.com

Sounds Heavenly are proud to sponsor BeoWorld!

Mikipidia
Top 75 Contributor
Posts 1,365
Gold Member
Mikipidia replied on Sat, Jul 11 2020 5:43 PM
Lets have a Party !!!Yes - thumbs up

New: Beovision Harmony, Beolab 50's, Beolab 18's, Beolab 17's, Beolab 3's, Beosound 9000 mk3, Beosound Stage & LG, Beosound 2, Beoplay M3, Beoplay A1, Beoplay H4 gen 2, Beoplay E8 3.0

Mikipedia on YouTube (finally Stick out tongue )

https://www.youtube.com/c/Mikipedia

Old: Beovision Eclipse, Beolab 1's, Beolab 2, Beovision 10-46, Overture 2300, beolab 8000's, Beolab 4000's, Beovision avant 32" etc. etc.

poodleboy
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 280
Bronze Member
poodleboy replied on Sun, Jul 12 2020 1:11 AM

To be fair, the first 20% of this century has been far less than disappointing. They are on their 4th CEO, just lost their Chairman, and basically borrowed money from their shareholders to stay alive. The global economy is on a teeter-totter, and there is a pandemic with no cure and 6 months before a vaccine is even possible. Let them eat cake. 

Jeff
Top 25 Contributor
USA
Posts 3,774
Silver Member
Jeff replied on Sun, Jul 12 2020 2:04 AM

Well, it's been D something, what was the word I was looking for? Disappointing, denouement, depressing, dumpster fire? Something like that.

Jeff

I'm afraid I'm recovering from the BeoVirus. Sad

Steve at Sounds Heavenly
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 1,837
Gold Member

Thanks guys,

OK, so maybe the World's problems won't get solved here, but if B&O make it through to their 95th birthday then that is a good thing (which is looking more likely than it did a month ago).......I think we all need a bit of good news right now?

Kind regards, Steve.

Steve.

www.soundsheavenly.com

Razlaw
Top 25 Contributor
Posts 3,928
Bronze Member
Razlaw replied on Sun, Jul 12 2020 5:53 PM
Steve at Sounds Heavenly:

Thanks guys,

OK, so maybe the World's problems won't get solved here, but if B&O make it through to their 95th birthday then that is a good thing (which is looking more likely than it did a month ago).......I think we all need a bit of good news right now?

Kind regards, Steve.

Steve.

www.soundsheavenly.com

+1

Beolab 50s Beolab 9s Beolab 12-3s Beolab 1s Beolab 6000s 2 pairs Beolab 4000s Beovision 7-55 Beovision 10-40 Beoplay V1 32 inch Beovision Avant 32 inch Beosound 1 (CD player) Beosound 3000 Beosound 5 Core Essence MKII Beoplay M5

9 LEE
Top 10 Contributor
Eastbourne, UK
Posts 7,138
Founder
9 LEE replied on Sun, Jul 12 2020 7:15 PM

I'll echo what Steve says.  A new store is opening - as opposed to another one closing... which is good news.

I've always wanted B&O to make it to 100 Years. I sincerely hope they do.

Lee

Jeff
Top 25 Contributor
USA
Posts 3,774
Silver Member
Jeff replied on Sun, Jul 12 2020 8:14 PM

9 LEE:

I'll echo what Steve says.  A new store is opening - as opposed to another one closing... which is good news.

I've always wanted B&O to make it to 100 Years. I sincerely hope they do.

Lee

I'd like to see that too, even if their product line is full of things I no longer desire, the longevity would be nice to see. One of the older companies over here is Klipsch, which dates to 1946. Old firms like RCA and such are much, much changed even if the name is still around, which RCA isn't but it's an example, not many of the old marques left alive. McIntosh dates to 1949, so not many as old as B&O.

Jeff

jvezina
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 170
Gold Member
jvezina replied on Sun, Jul 12 2020 9:22 PM

FYI

The 2019-2020 annual report has been released

10 new products are expected soon

Jean

Mikipidia
Top 75 Contributor
Posts 1,365
Gold Member
Mikipidia replied on Sun, Jul 12 2020 10:04 PM

With what B&O is working on in the shadows I too feel the future will be brighter, there is truly some exciting stuff coming up Big Smile

New: Beovision Harmony, Beolab 50's, Beolab 18's, Beolab 17's, Beolab 3's, Beosound 9000 mk3, Beosound Stage & LG, Beosound 2, Beoplay M3, Beoplay A1, Beoplay H4 gen 2, Beoplay E8 3.0

Old: Beovision Eclipse, Beolab 1's, Beolab 2, Beovision 10-46, Overture 2300, beolab 8000's, Beolab 4000's, Beovision avant 32" etc. etc.

poodleboy
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 280
Bronze Member
poodleboy replied on Mon, Jul 13 2020 2:00 AM

Mikipidia:

With what B&O is working on in the shadows I too feel the future will be brighter, there is truly some exciting stuff coming up Big Smile

Since when do companies with confidence work in the shadows and not spread their optimism and good cheer with other than large-scale customers and insiders? Give me a break, please. I am the guy who owns 3 x Essence 1 that only work because of the graciousness of a BeoWorlder, and an Avant 1 that I wonder will crap out to the point I cannot justify repairing. I am glad you some can afford new fabulous kit, but that isn't my world. 

And, btw, mocking a customer about not being able to solve "the world's problems" so feel good about this new programme, doesn't help a bit.

There is nothing wrong with having expectations and then being disappointed about, but ok with, companies going away because they no longer perform as well as their competitors. Look around. 

Mikipidia
Top 75 Contributor
Posts 1,365
Gold Member
Mikipidia replied on Mon, Jul 13 2020 3:43 AM

Since basically always, when have they ever been forthcoming about future/unreleased products?

I don't know why your Essence's aren't working, first time hearing about it. What's going on with them and is your local dealer not able to help at all?

If you are implying Steve is mocking you, I take exception to that. I am 100% sure you're reading something in to that that isn't there. 

There's no need to be this salty with either or us, neither of us works for B&O, jeez.

Steve at Sounds Heavenly
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 1,837
Gold Member

Hi,

Certainly no mocking intended or implied from me, just a belief that a bit of good news right now is a positive thing.

Kind regards, Steve.

Steve.

www.soundsheavenly.com

Puncher
Top 10 Contributor
Durham
Posts 11,656
Bronze Member
Puncher replied on Mon, Jul 13 2020 10:11 AM

jvezina:

FYI

The 2019-2020 annual report has been released

10 new products are expected soon

Jean

I've glanced through it and the lyrics of "Won't get fooled again" came to mind!

I thought they'd given up chasing Chinese millionaires as the solution!

Ban boring signatures!

Top 200 Contributor
Posts 364
Bronze Member
1990 replied on Mon, Jul 13 2020 1:04 PM

I'm curious what they mean with "We were adversely impacted by higher-than-expected sales from unauthorised channels". Does this mean that factories making B&O products sell them into the grey market? Or dealerships selling products to unlicensed companies that undercut the regular pricing?

I'm really looking forward to the new Bespoke and "B&O Classics" offerings that are announced!

Razlaw
Top 25 Contributor
Posts 3,928
Bronze Member
Razlaw replied on Mon, Jul 13 2020 1:27 PM
1990:

I'm really looking forward to the new Bespoke and "B&O Classics" offerings that are announced!

I am very curious about both of those also.

Beolab 50s Beolab 9s Beolab 12-3s Beolab 1s Beolab 6000s 2 pairs Beolab 4000s Beovision 7-55 Beovision 10-40 Beoplay V1 32 inch Beovision Avant 32 inch Beosound 1 (CD player) Beosound 3000 Beosound 5 Core Essence MKII Beoplay M5

Steve at Sounds Heavenly
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 1,837
Gold Member

Hi Razlaw,

I am hoping to be able to provide more details of both of these projects very soon.

Kind regards, Steve.

Steve.

www.soundsheavenly.com

Razlaw
Top 25 Contributor
Posts 3,928
Bronze Member
Razlaw replied on Mon, Jul 13 2020 1:35 PM
Steve at Sounds Heavenly:

Hi Razlaw,

I am hoping to be able to provide more details of both of these projects very soon.

Kind regards, Steve.

Steve.

www.soundsheavenly.com

Wonderful!

And thanks for all you do!

moxxey
Top 25 Contributor
South West, UK
Posts 5,047
Bronze Member
moxxey replied on Mon, Jul 13 2020 3:47 PM

1990:

I'm curious what they mean with "We were adversely impacted by higher-than-expected sales from unauthorised channels". 

Surely this is dealers selling through third parties? A factory can't sell their client's products. Effectively that would be stealing.

My guess is that they mean due to covid-19 and dealers being closed, they have sold their stock (or stock they can get hold of) via other non-authorized sources, to make sure they can make some revenue!

I won't lie, I've bought more B&O kit in the last 3 months - partly because of the above - than the previous 3 years!

Remember, most dealers don't sell online. From March through July many of them were closed. How do they make money in this period?

But how can a company complain about sales (authorized or otherwise)?

Jeff
Top 25 Contributor
USA
Posts 3,774
Silver Member
Jeff replied on Mon, Jul 13 2020 4:49 PM

To be fair I think poodleboy has a point. B&O has gone through a period of late where they basically didn't seem to have an integrated, planned out approach to product development but seemed to be throwing things against the wall to see if they stick. This has resulted in a lot of orphaned products, with no support, and a lot of buggy and poorly designed/performing products (Playmaker anyone? Moment?). B&O has kind of been thrashing around trying to get their feet under them again, and the result (which is apparent if you read online reviews) is a lot of dissatisfied and frustrated customers.

Jeff

moxxey
Top 25 Contributor
South West, UK
Posts 5,047
Bronze Member
moxxey replied on Mon, Jul 13 2020 4:54 PM

poodleboy:

To be fair, the first 20% of this century has been far less than disappointing. They are on their 4th CEO, just lost their Chairman, and basically borrowed money from their shareholders to stay alive. The global economy is on a teeter-totter, and there is a pandemic with no cure and 6 months before a vaccine is even possible. Let them eat cake. 

I read over the weekend that the US is in such a bad way at the moment (in certain areas) that even if Florida flattens the curve from September, by the time they reach current EU levels, the US<>EU flight ban will remain in place until 2021 as the EU claim other countries need equal or lower infection rates Surprise

This is making it so hard to do business. I can go Germany tomorrow if I liked, but I need to get to the States. I can't see this happening this year. What a mess.

Page 1 of 1 (21 items) | RSS
Beoworld Security Certificate

SSL