Not Answered This post has 0 verified answers | 31 Replies | 1 Follower

marexy
Top 150 Contributor
647 Posts
Bronze Member
marexy posted on Thu, Jul 9 2020 8:26 PM

Guys

I have a problem with ma "new" Beomaster 5

A very ""friendly"" seller sold me a Beomaster 5 via Ebay as a working device. I paid via paypal frends and familiy.

Yes ...I know .. mistake.

I prefer to go to solve the problem.

In addition to the fact that the disk completely sucks, as it's click in it, I obviously have a problem with the ML-PL PCB 51 where the connectors  to Beosound 5 are.

I replaced the HDD from my old Beomaster 5 where I now have an SSD.

Can I copy at least the serial number if the disk sucks completely?

Not even the light on the connecting PCB 51 is working. NOT green or red.

Otherwise now as i change HDD my new BM5 turns on, I see it starts, I could do a reset, and I can connect USB with service software.

I can update the BIOS and and BS5 FEP , but does not let me update the BM5 ML sw. It shows BM5 ML current version 00 and if I click update it nothing happens within 3 hours. Only the update process is running but I interrupted it after 3 hours as i think that should be finished in 1 hour at latest ?

I need your advice on how to get this unit up and running.

The motherboard is otherwise fine.

Even this information. Even if I put the ML-PL PCB 51 in my working BS5 it doesn't work.

The LED is still not lit, otherwise everything is nicely displayed on the screen, but the remote control does not work, nor does the sound come from the powerlink connector.

What could be wrong?

Thanks for the tips :)

All Replies

Fritz
Top 500 Contributor
213 Posts
Bronze Member
Fritz replied on Fri, Jul 10 2020 12:23 PM

First of all

Pls observe that the Serielnumber must match. Otherwise the system will not Work.
The procedure how to do this is described in the servicemanual using the Maintenance Tool 

You will need the servicemanual for BM 5 ver. 1.2.

Next you will need the Maintenance Tool on a USB Stick. Version 6.05
Follow the procedure in the servicemanual.

Pls note the USB Stick must be the original from B&O, as the service program is locked to
the USB Stick.

Good Luck

Weebyx
Top 75 Contributor
Denmark
1,099 Posts
Bronze Member
Weebyx replied on Fri, Jul 10 2020 12:47 PM

marexy:

Guys

I have a problem with ma "new" Beomaster 5

A very ""friendly"" seller sold me a Beomaster 5 via Ebay as a working device. I paid via paypal frends and familiy.

Yes ...I know .. mistake.

I prefer to go to solve the problem.

In addition to the fact that the disk completely sucks, as it's click in it, I obviously have a problem with the ML-PL PCB 51 where the connectors  to Beosound 5 are.

I replaced the HDD from my old Beomaster 5 where I now have an SSD.

Can I copy at least the serial number if the disk sucks completely?

Not even the light on the connecting PCB 51 is working. NOT green or red.

Otherwise now as i change HDD my new BM5 turns on, I see it starts, I could do a reset, and I can connect USB with service software.

I can update the BIOS and and BS5 FEP , but does not let me update the BM5 ML sw. It shows BM5 ML current version 00 and if I click update it nothing happens within 3 hours. Only the update process is running but I interrupted it after 3 hours as i think that should be finished in 1 hour at latest ?

I need your advice on how to get this unit up and running.

The motherboard is otherwise fine.

Even this information. Even if I put the ML-PL PCB 51 in my working BS5 it doesn't work.

The LED is still not lit, otherwise everything is nicely displayed on the screen, but the remote control does not work, nor does the sound come from the powerlink connector.

What could be wrong?

Thanks for the tips :)

Well, your problem is that the PCB51 is not working, you have verified that yourself by trying it in another BM5 that is working. Also the disk seems to be dead.

Regarding the serial numbers. The unit will work with different serial numbers without problems, only the software update might not work.

To get a completely matched serial number system, just insert a HDD and BS5 display to a Beomaster 5, and run the USB service tool, and select "CLONE DISK".

This will create a completely new HDD with correct partitions and also set the serial numbers on the HDD to match motherboard and display.

I cannot help with the dead PCB51, are there lights in the 5/12v diodes if you power it on ?

/Weebyx

TWG
Top 75 Contributor
1,480 Posts
Bronze Member
TWG replied on Fri, Jul 10 2020 1:56 PM

If the HDD is somehow readable, use an external HDD clone device to copy from the old to a new HDD.
Example:
https://www.amazon.de/gp/product/B06XYJSR8B/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

This way you could try to save all data including serial number to a new HDD and get the system working again.

marexy
Top 150 Contributor
647 Posts
Bronze Member
marexy replied on Fri, Jul 10 2020 8:40 PM

TWG

HDD is total dead. Arm in the disc is faulty. 

marexy
Top 150 Contributor
647 Posts
Bronze Member
marexy replied on Fri, Jul 10 2020 8:43 PM

are there lights in the 5/12v diodes if you power it on ?

YES all 4 led diods are working.

An there is normal power to BS5 monitor.

marexy
Top 150 Contributor
647 Posts
Bronze Member

some photos 

Damir Grgic
Not Ranked
Dubai, UAE
20 Posts
Bronze Member

Seems to me that that all hardware components are working fine (except the HDD, but it's important anyway). If you have a Service Tool USB it will re-build HDD's content from the Ghost32 image (that's why Service Tool USB is 3.7 GB in size). Just install any new HDD and use your old BM5 HDD as a "Clone Entire HDD" source. Once done, update serial numbers and everything should be working fine. You can also run "Restore" if it doesn't.

marexy
Top 150 Contributor
647 Posts
Bronze Member
marexy replied on Sat, Jul 11 2020 8:29 AM

HI

I can not use old HDD for cloning as it is defekt..boroken..kaput..faulty ;(

Today i have try with third disc ...but after restore it show Windows screen.

Strange thing is that st-by button is not working ...only working if in srđervice mode.

Also USB good link led is not ON ag PCB 51.

Damir Grgic
Not Ranked
Dubai, UAE
20 Posts
Bronze Member

Sorry, I understood that you have another, old Beomaster 5 (where you have SSD now), so that's the HDD I was talking about. Or you can just temporarily transfer that SSD and use it as cloning source. Doesn't matter it's from another machine. That you will sort out in next step with Service Tool USB.

The objective is to create at least some kind of "healthy" initial environment and there's big chance that your BM5 comes back to life. PCB51 rarely dies (but of course, there's a chance). What I would do first is: connect external USB mouse/keyboard combo, enter the motherboard BIOS and load the default settings in case previous owner messed up something. Later you will sort out the serial numbers with the Service Tool. You need to have either healthy motherboard or healthy HDD of that BM5 to slowly bring everything back to order. I understand that your MB is OK, so you just need to set up the replacement HDD. Some time it's a lengthy process with many Reboot, Restore trial-and-error attempts until you catch the proper sequence.

TWG
Top 75 Contributor
1,480 Posts
Bronze Member
TWG replied on Sat, Jul 11 2020 3:39 PM

as Damir suggested: Couldn't you clone the healthy Beomaster 5's hdd and copy its serialnumber to the Bios of the defectice unit?

As I have no experience with the service tool: Can you read out the serial number of the broken Beomaster 5 BIOS?

Damir Grgic
Not Ranked
Dubai, UAE
20 Posts
Bronze Member

Among other options, the ServiceTool can help in 2 scenarios:

- If HDD is gone, to read the Serial number from the MB and register into new HDD

- If MB is dead, to read the Serial number from the working HDD and write it into BIOS of the "new" MB

Damir

marexy
Top 150 Contributor
647 Posts
Bronze Member

Thank guys...

it is kind of corona time project :)

ok..i can write what can do and can not ..

so : 

I clone ok HDD to secondary HDD for my faulty unit.

I can enter system with service tool

I can Update BIOS to version 1.15 and  update SB5 FAP to 1.38a

I cant' update BM5 ML to version 2.36  ( it is current version  on BM version 0.0 ...so that is strange :( 

I can do the restore ..but after stage 1 and 2 notring happened,..just cursor pointer from compuer mous on  BS5 screen

marexy
Top 150 Contributor
647 Posts
Bronze Member
marexy replied on Sat, Jul 11 2020 7:05 PM

maybe one more info...

BM5 tag on the back side have serial number 211......

You can see that mother board is not original from that unit.

so i think that BM5 now has..all boards from different units :)..ha ha ..like Frankenstain :)

Damir Grgic
Not Ranked
Dubai, UAE
20 Posts
Bronze Member

I think I understand what happened:

previous owner had replaced the motherboard, but never did a Serial numbers sync with the Service Tool (maybe he didn't had it), so he sold it as non-working unit. Unfortunately in the meantime (or then already) the HDD died as well, so there's no place to read the Serial number from.

Maybe some more knowledgeable guys here can help, or might be worth a shot to have a chat with B&O technician for advice what to do in such situation.

Page 1 of 3 (32 items) 1 2 3 Next > | RSS
Beoworld Security Certificate

SSL