Sign in   |  Join   |  Help

Beovison 5 Mark 1 upgrading to HDMI and 2020

rated by 0 users
Answered (Not Verified) This post has 0 verified answers | 13 Replies | 2 Followers

alvinedyvane
Not Ranked
Portsmouth
17 Posts
Bronze Member
alvinedyvane posted on Wed, Jul 8 2020 3:30 PM

Hi All

I have a beautiful Beovisoin 5 and really want to spend some money on getting it in to the year 2020.

So I want to connect this to the best option for HDMI, HD and any tech product such as Apple, Amazon Firestick etc.

So can you suggest the best solutions available and are there any online/YouTube videos/guides on how to install?

Thanks

Alvin

All Replies

Stoobietoo
Top 150 Contributor
Exeter, Devon, UK
491 Posts
Gold Member

I used one of these with my Beovision 5 and my FireTV

Along with this 

It worked well. I also connected a FLIRC USB and could control the FireTV using a PUC on my Beovision 5 and my Beo 4 remote. I installed KODI on the FireTV and it worked brilliantly. (it worked with my Firestick V1 originally, but I updated to FireTV). 

Stoobie 

alvinedyvane
Not Ranked
Portsmouth
17 Posts
Bronze Member

Thanks Stoobie. Does the eSYNic need power, doesn't look like it?

benjnz
Top 500 Contributor
89 Posts
Bronze Member
Suggested by benjnz

So I think so yes. I have one, and the power goes into the USB port. Easiest way for this is having ones of these multi plug strips that also has USB, and therefore a USB lead like this to the port.

Works perfectly with AppleTV etc.

alvinedyvane
Not Ranked
Portsmouth
17 Posts
Bronze Member

Excellent. Do you know if they do a converter with more than one HDMI?

Stoobietoo
Top 150 Contributor
Exeter, Devon, UK
491 Posts
Gold Member

It definitely needs USB power. I have a wall socket with 2 USB outlets and use that.

Here us the convertor on Amazon

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Converter-Composite-Adapter-Digital-Signal-white/dp/B00A6STNHM

One of those and something like this may work

https://www.amazon.co.uk/UGREEN-Support-Wireless-Control-Blu-ray-Black/dp/B00MWRZFP4

You can feed 3 HDMI in to one HDMI out, the into the convertor. A bit unwieldy but should work and that particular one has a remote for switching from one HDMI to another. 

Stoobie 

Stoobietoo
Top 150 Contributor
Exeter, Devon, UK
491 Posts
Gold Member

Hi again, 

They do this now. It was not available when I bought my adapter.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Duttek-Converter-Output-Adapter-Composite/dp/B086YM54K7

But that and the 3 into 1 HDMI switch should work well for you and fewer connections etc.

Stoobie 

alvinedyvane
Not Ranked
Portsmouth
17 Posts
Bronze Member

Yes I saw this I assume this would need a Scart to Scart? Is so I wonder why they didn't make it so that it goes straight into the back of the TV rather than a double ended scart lead?

Stoobietoo
Top 150 Contributor
Exeter, Devon, UK
491 Posts
Gold Member

Probably to do with how much it will stick out at the back. Or the added cost of making a swivel connection.

It will definitely prolong thr usefulness of your BV5. Fabulous TVs with amazing sound. We loved ours. 

Stoobie 

Stoobietoo
Top 150 Contributor
Exeter, Devon, UK
491 Posts
Gold Member

alvinedyvane:

Thanks Stoobie. Does the eSYNic need power, doesn't look like it?

Hi Alvin,

I see you are here in the UK. I no longer use the eSYNic I have. I'd be happy to pop it in the post to you. You'll just need to get a few cables.

Stoobie 

alvinedyvane
Not Ranked
Portsmouth
17 Posts
Bronze Member

Do you not use yours anymore then?

Stoobietoo
Top 150 Contributor
Exeter, Devon, UK
491 Posts
Gold Member

No I don't. I sold my BV5 a year ago and bought a Beosystem 3 which has HDMI sockets.

I also used it on my Beocenter 1 which was scart only. I forgot I still had it until this discussion.

You'd be welcome to it if you'd make use of it.

Stoobie

alvinedyvane
Not Ranked
Portsmouth
17 Posts
Bronze Member

Thanks Stoobie, that would of been great but I ordered one from Amazon yesterday, really appreciate the offer though.

bigbruggsy
Top 500 Contributor
93 Posts
Bronze Member

Hi I have the exact same hdmi to scart adapter for my beovision 7, works a treat.

Beolab 8000 x 2

Beolab 1

Beolab 2

Beovision 7-40

Beosound 9000

Beosound Ouverture

Beolit 12

Page 1 of 1 (14 items) | RSS
Beoworld Security Certificate

SSL