Sign in   |  Join   |  Help

Beolink Multiroom software overhaul

Answered (Not Verified) This post has 0 verified answers | 31 Replies | 2 Followers

StKong
Top 500 Contributor
Copenhagen
285 Posts
Bronze Member
StKong posted on Sat, Jul 4 2020 2:57 PM

Hi all, 

I noticed today that virtually all my multiroom products (old and new) had pending updates. 
The result is quite wonderful, and I gather that B&O have been hard at work. 

There is no longer any latency when activating BeoLink for Airplay sources!

This means that B&O products can be activated for Airplay 2 and Multiroom and be used in a mixed Airplay setting (with speakers by other manufacturers) in perfect sync.

What it also means is that I can now stream to one B&O product via Airplay 2 and JOIN five or six B&= individual products by touch to join, while adding third-party Airplay 2-enabled speakers in other rooms without losing sync.

Such a great and pleasant surprise, and a great leap forward.  

All Replies

StKong
Top 500 Contributor
Copenhagen
285 Posts
Bronze Member

... And it works with video, too. Perfect sync of sound and image. Bliss! 

Antonius Robin Iriawan
Not Ranked
Jakarta, Indonesia
40 Posts
Bronze Member

StKong:

Hi all, 

I noticed today that virtually all my multiroom products (old and new) had pending updates. 

Such a great and pleasant surprise, and a great leap forward.  

Lately, I feel the same way with you. They have been working more on the software department. I appreciate their hard work to deliver the software updates that improve our experience. 

Best Regards, Mit freundlichen Grüßen, 올림
Antonius Robin Iriawan, 로빈

Beosound 35 and Beoplay H5

Carolpa
Top 100 Contributor
998 Posts
Bronze Member

StKong:
had pending updates. 
What sw version do your multiroom devices running on?

mbolo01
Top 75 Contributor
Annecy - France
1,463 Posts
Gold Member

And if someone has a Core, may I know please the latest SW version available for it. Tks in advance.

BS Moment, BS Core, BG 4002, BC 4500, BS1, BL18, BL19, BL8000 + RCV1, A6, M5, M3, A1, P6 (tks Botty), H5, TR1

shell65
Not Ranked
6 Posts
Bronze Member
Suggested by shell65

encouraging feedback - I think they have to catch up on beolink to keep it competitive.

Fornthe BeoSound Stage I would love to see the possibility to distribute line-in in a delayed way as you have it on the M3.

Or even better to have distribution of HDMI audio track (even if with delay.. am aware of the technical limitations). Have placed the request one year ago witg B&O.. so far no luck.

Both Sonos and Denon offer this feature.. 

anyway, I hope this positive trend continues

Razlaw
Top 25 Contributor
3,928 Posts
Bronze Member
Checked my devices, M5 and Essence show they were updated a few days ago. Last update for Core was months ago and it shows no update available. Hopefully it will show up also.

Beolab 50s Beolab 9s Beolab 12-3s Beolab 1s Beolab 6000s 2 pairs Beolab 4000s Beovision 7-55 Beovision 10-40 Beoplay V1 32 inch Beovision Avant 32 inch Beosound 1 (CD player) Beosound 3000 Beosound 5 Core Essence MKII Beoplay M5

Razlaw
Top 25 Contributor
3,928 Posts
Bronze Member
Razlaw replied on Sat, Jul 4 2020 11:13 PM
mbolo01:

And if someone has a Core, may I know please the latest SW version available for it. Tks in advance.

BS Moment, BS Core, BG 4002, BC 4500, BS1, BL18, BL19, BL8000 + RCV1, A6, M5, M3, A1, P6 (tks Botty), H5, TR1

The last update to my Core was in March. It is 1.7.37078.117816679

Beolab 50s Beolab 9s Beolab 12-3s Beolab 1s Beolab 6000s 2 pairs Beolab 4000s Beovision 7-55 Beovision 10-40 Beoplay V1 32 inch Beovision Avant 32 inch Beosound 1 (CD player) Beosound 3000 Beosound 5 Core Essence MKII Beoplay M5

Carolpa
Top 100 Contributor
998 Posts
Bronze Member

Razlaw:
same over here (from 5th March 2020)

mbolo01
Top 75 Contributor
Annecy - France
1,463 Posts
Gold Member
Razlaw:

Thanks Razlaw and Carolpa.

This version has a Beolink issue that I’m trying to get fixed since March. Hopefully they’ll find a solution.

Symptom: After the daily scheduled restart (not controllable by the end user), the Core can no longer join a Beolink multiroom, or be joined by other products. A manual restart clears the issue until the next daily scheduled restart

I’m looking for any other users’experience on this front.

AnalogPlanet
Top 150 Contributor
Vienna, Austria
580 Posts
Bronze Member

I have been less than happy in the past about B&O's multiroom SW quality for different easons, now it is fair to say there is a massive improvement and the credit needs to be given to whomever in B&O took leadership to drive it.

The app here and there is still perhaps not the best in class UI example, but as for the multiroom experience it is in my view in many aspects really really good and I'm actually glad that you started this thread StKong.

nico vercammen
Top 500 Contributor
Elversele, Belgium
171 Posts
Bronze Member

Symptom: After the daily scheduled restart (not controllable by the end user), the Core can no longer join a Beolink multiroom, or be joined by other products. A manual restart clears the issue until the next daily scheduled restart

Hi

I have the same issues at random times.. i have an Eclipse, BS35, 4 cores and it happens that one of the devices is not able to join the multiroom.. it plays on itself but no way to connect it to others in the network. The only way to solve is to reboot it... I already opened a case @customercare... they want me to sent log files as soon as the problem happens. The system can working for days without any problem... but then suddenly the problem occurs... all devices have fixed IP and are hardwired except BS35. For me it looks like the multiroom software part on the faulty device has crashed and does not restart by itself. All decices are reachable via IP without any problem...

I hope this new version can solve these issues

Nico

mbolo01
Top 75 Contributor
Annecy - France
1,463 Posts
Gold Member
nico vercammen:

it plays on itself but no way to connect it to others in the network.

Yep, this is exactly the symptom and I’m glad to read you have the issue, while being sorry for you, as B&O claims I’m the only one to have reported it.

I managed to spot the issue in the logs, as well as by running some monitoring tools: At the end of scheduled restart process, the Core sends a remove mDNS message for the beocore service that the Beolink protocol seems to rely on, so it cannot participate correctly to Beolink network.

I managed to go back to 1.6.xxx software which does not have this issue.

Razlaw
Top 25 Contributor
3,928 Posts
Bronze Member
What is a daily restart? I have not noticed that on my Core. Also, I have not had any problems with it joining or being joined. What do you mean by a manual restart? I looked through my settings. I have power saving unchecked. Just a thought about what might be a difference as to why I do not experience this problem.

mbolo01
Top 75 Contributor
Annecy - France
1,463 Posts
Gold Member
Razlaw:

What is a daily restart? I have not noticed that on my Core. Also, I have not had any problems with it joining or being joined. What do you mean by a manual restart?

Daily restart: Go to the Core configuration pages, check About, Diagnostics, Critical Events (or equivalent, I’m translating from French menu items). You may see regular daily Network State = Down

Manual restart: Go to the Core settings, Product parameters, Troubleshooting, Restart or equivalent

Page 1 of 3 (32 items) 1 2 3 Next > | RSS
Beoworld Security Certificate

SSL