rated by 0 users
Not Answered This post has 0 verified answers | 26 Replies | 2 Followers

Michael
Top 50 Contributor
Sweden
2,293 Posts
Bronze Member
Michael posted on Wed, Jul 1 2020 1:38 PM
Looking to buy a pair of bl5 in Sweden for 85 000 sek.

They are from 2012 and never serviced. Bad or good idea?

I have a pair of Beolab 20 now and have been considering going to 50 or 5. A friend of mine with 50 said his older 5 had more bass but that the 50 are more defined.

I do consider 50 but think they are a bit too big perhaps.

What’s your take on this?

The Beolab 5s are available locally and in good shape it seems.

I have the thin powerlink cables now and they are hidden in the floor. So I guess it would mean I have to pull new cables as well if I change my setup.

Beolab 50, Beolab 20, Beolab 8000 x 2, Beolab 4000 x 2, 
BeoSound Core, BeoSound 9000, BeoSound Century, 
BeoLit 15, BeoPlay A1, BeoPlay P2, BeoPlay H9i, BeoPlay H6, EarSet 3i, 
BeoVision Avant 55, BeoPlay V1-40, 
BeoCom 6000 and so much else :)  

All Replies

kawo
Top 500 Contributor
113 Posts
Founder
kawo replied on Fri, Jul 3 2020 10:01 PM

great insides! thank you for sharing your experience. I guess I will give the little box a try.

Esax
Top 500 Contributor
226 Posts
Bronze Member
Esax replied on Wed, Jul 8 2020 5:33 PM
Michael:

I actually saw that ad on Blocket. I contacted the seller a few weeks ago and he said he didn’t believe I could afford them and then seemingly didn’t want to sell to me. Very odd to say the very least.

Du vet vad det handlar om. Så varför snålbjuda?

Beovision 7-55 MK1 red, Beolab 10 red. Beolab 50, all black. Beolab 17 broken ice. Beolab transmitter. Apple tv4 and apple express 2.

Michael
Top 50 Contributor
Sweden
2,293 Posts
Bronze Member
Esax:

Du vet vad det handlar om. Så varför snålbjuda? Beovision 7-55 MK1 red, Beolab 10 red. Beolab 50, all black. Beolab 17 broken ice. Beolab transmitter. Apple tv4 and apple express 2.

Surprising comment. Well, the ones on Blocket was with fabric and probably no warranty. I don’t remember if it said in the ad. But the only thing the seller said was he didn’t believe I could afford the speakers. Which I can many times over. I just don’t make bad deals. I make fair deals. The edition with wood is more expensive, and also these speakers were very far from me.

As a contrasting example I’ve been offered the ones with wood for almost the same price now and also a piano blank pair for that price too.

But anyways; that seller said he already had gotten a good offer so I guess they are already sold.

9 LEE
Top 10 Contributor
Eastbourne, UK
7,145 Posts
Founder
9 LEE replied on Wed, Jul 8 2020 7:07 PM

I have a pair of boxed and unused "Final Edition" models (sold to dealer in 2017) with the polished discs for sale if you're looking for something a little special...

There are also plenty of standard pairs for sale by UK dealers and resellers at the moment, so you could get a bargain?

Lee

Smile

Esax
Top 500 Contributor
226 Posts
Bronze Member
Esax replied on Wed, Jul 8 2020 7:46 PM
So what are you waiting for? You who have the best deals in the world.

Beovision 7-55 MK1 red, Beolab 10 red. Beolab 50, all black. Beolab 17 broken ice. Beolab transmitter. Apple tv4 and apple express 2.

Michael
Top 50 Contributor
Sweden
2,293 Posts
Bronze Member
9 LEE:

I have a pair of boxed and unused "Final Edition" models (sold to dealer in 2017) with the polished discs for sale if you're looking for something a little special...

There are also plenty of standard pairs for sale by UK dealers and resellers at the moment, so you could get a bargain?

Lee

Sounds beautiful :). But probably also expensive.

A bargain would always be nice but I don’t know which choice to even make. Ans in Sweden the prices aren’t as low as in most places. Denmark has a bit better prices though and is very close to me as well.

Michael
Top 50 Contributor
Sweden
2,293 Posts
Bronze Member
Esax:

So what are you waiting for? You who have the best deals in the world. Beovision 7-55 MK1 red, Beolab 10 red. Beolab 50, all black. Beolab 17 broken ice. Beolab transmitter. Apple tv4 and apple express 2.

What do you mean?

Beofile7
Top 500 Contributor
109 Posts
Bronze Member

If you decide on 50's and they are coming with oak lamellas and you prefer black fabric let me know? We can do a swap with cash!? In Sweden too!

Michael
Top 50 Contributor
Sweden
2,293 Posts
Bronze Member
Beofile7:

If you decide on 50's and they are coming with oak lamellas and you prefer black fabric let me know? We can do a swap with cash!? In Sweden too!

Still contemplating purchase or not. What price would you say then?

Beofile7
Top 500 Contributor
109 Posts
Bronze Member
Beofile7 replied on Fri, Jul 10 2020 10:40 AM

A few thousand SEK?

GuyHUI
Top 75 Contributor
Paris, FRANCE
1,597 Posts
Bronze Member
GuyHUI replied on Mon, Jul 13 2020 12:44 AM

9 LEE:

Lee

Smile

Hi Lee,

I am looking for a Pre-Owned pair of Beolab5 at the moment.

Recent version from serial 219xxxxx (2011).

How much are these Final edition ?

Also interested with older BL5 if if you have ones.

Thanks.

Guy

BV10 46" - BL5 to come... BS Ouverture, BC6000, BT1100

Old sold : BV Avant 28", BL8000 - BL4000 - BL2

Lennart25
Not Ranked
Germany
39 Posts
Bronze Member

The "bass heavy" feeling of punch in your friends apartment might very well be present because of the room acoustics. The only valid comparison to find your answer would be to get the Beolab 5 and 50 in one room (best in your apartment of course). Due to the weight a difficult task; yet in my opinion worth the work, considering the price you pay for 50s. 

I personally haven´t heard the 50s but own a pair of 5s. I had Beolab 9 beforehand and was very sceptical, wether the upgrade would be worth it. 5 Seconds of demo with my own cd in a store changed my mind. Pure joy. I don´t know how reliable the 50s are/have been; this might be a considerable topic.

Since the 50 is a very "sophisticated" and "intelligent" speaker (roughly 15 years of technological advance from the 2003 Beolab 5) I would rather go for the 50s if it´s just for the sound. I hate their design, but that´s a very subjective matter.

Active Room Compensation and the listening modes are a fundamental innovation that you probably can not recreate with a dirac. The argument to have a "closed system" whose components are perfectly tuned in on eachother during the development was my decision for active speakers and would be my arugment to chose 50s above 5s with dirac. In the end, the 50s are guaranteed to sound way more balanced than the 5s in YOUR room (analogously any random room) due to this technology. Is your room acousticly "complicated" and would your system benefit from ARC? 

I am utterly averse to subwoofer setups in music scenarios, since the positioning of the subwoofer changes the sound tremendously.

If you are happy with the design and got the money, go for the "new kid on the block". Either way, an upgrade to the Beolab 5 or 50s will be a huge upgrade for the bass. Going from BL9 to BL5 the experience, especially in the mid and high range, was "game changing". Wether the 20 is that similar to the 9 in this matter should be discussed by someone who went through the process of that upgrade.

I must disagree with @Fansastic regarding the sound advantage with a Beovision. Could you please explain what part of the DSP should have an influence of the sound, since both 50 and 5 have internal DSPs, especially the 50 will be very much better at room correction than a BV setup.

Page 2 of 2 (27 items) < Previous 1 2 | RSS
Beoworld Security Certificate

SSL