rated by 0 users
Not Answered This post has 0 verified answers | 19 Replies | 1 Follower

tuttivini
Top 500 Contributor
148 Posts
Bronze Member
tuttivini posted on Tue, Jun 23 2020 6:04 PM

Today I borrowed my dad's Beolab 7.2.
Preparing for a 5.1 setup, mentioned in this topic: https://forum.beoworld.org/forums/t/42873.aspx
WauWWW, what a sound. Unbelievable.

Funny thing is I tested it in a 'dual-stereo- setup', because I don't have a surround processor yet...
So Beolab 7.2 in the centre, beneath my LG Oled, and Beolab 8000's mk2's left and right.
Connected to a B&O Playmaker.

The 7.2 plays just a little bit louder than the 8000's and this works excellent.
Voices in movies are crisp. You hear extra details. And bass is very good, did some 40hz test tones and 7.2 can deliver, in contrast to the 8000 mk2's!

Of course I know this isn't connected/behaving like a dedicated centre speaker, but it opens up possibilities.
It sounds great and already an upgrade untill I buy a surround processor (like asked in the other topic).
The interplay between the 7.2 and the 8000's is astonishingly good. I think this is also because it includes the same type of tweeters / everything is designed the same way.

So, I'm looking for a second hand Beolab 7.

What's the real world difference between the 7.1 and 7.2? (sound quality)
Is there, for example, a difference in the lowest bass frequence? I see 4.2liter volume for the 7.1 and 5.2liter for the 7.2...

All Replies

tuttivini
Top 500 Contributor
148 Posts
Bronze Member

Any other forum members who compared the 7.1 to the 7.2?

Can we confirm that the extra cabinet/internal volume makes no different to the sound/lowest frequencies? 

Beobuddy
Top 25 Contributor
Utrecht, The Netherlands
3,698 Posts
Founder
Beobuddy replied on Sun, Jun 28 2020 11:26 AM

The electronics inside are the same. No difference.
Maybe the BL7-2 produces a broader stereo sound when use with (stereo) music? The drivers on the left and right side are more separated from each other.  

leosgonewild
Top 50 Contributor
1,994 Posts
Bronze Member
I have had 7.1, 7.2, and 7.6. Only difference I have noticed is stereo separation.
Peter Pan
Top 50 Contributor
1,936 Posts
Bronze Member
tuttivini
Top 500 Contributor
148 Posts
Bronze Member

I bought a second hand complete Beovision 7-32 mk3, with motorized floor stand and Beolab 7.1, for a verrrrrrry good price last week!

I only need the Beolab 7.1 but connected a PC with DVI and RCA audio to the BV7 to test it and whowww.. 10+ years old, but what a lovely timeless design!!!
Sound, picture (I know, only 720p and brightness is quite low in daylight), easy operation, motorized movement, hidden dvd player,  etc. is EXCELLENT!!!

I'm going to disassemble the Beolab 7.1 and use it in my living room, making my own bracket and mount it to my wall, beneath the tv, like @OldJack mentioned.
First I'm going to connect it to my B&O Playmaker, making a 'dual stereo setup' with my already existing 8000's.
Later I'm going to look for the smallest/best 3.0/3.1/5.1 surround setup with a suitable decoder so the 7.1 becomes a dedicated centre channel.

The BV7-32 goes to my parents. They can use it in their bedroom.

The motorized floor stand is going to be used for a 'try-out': I'm going to make my own vesa compatible bracket, so the stand can be used with non-b&o tv's up to 65" (like STB brackets with their LG C9/CX oleds, looks beatifull!!!). The motorized part is going to be controlled with a separate ir/rf remote or maybe usb from tv, so it automatically turns to a specific when non-b&o tv turns on, like original....

Page 2 of 2 (20 items) < Previous 1 2 | RSS
Beoworld Security Certificate

SSL