Sign in   |  Join   |  Help

Beolink 5000 key sequence to cancel timer…

rated by 0 users
Answered (Not Verified) This post has 0 verified answers | 44 Replies | 1 Follower

matador43
Top 100 Contributor
897 Posts
Bronze Member
matador43 posted on Thu, Jun 18 2020 2:38 PM

Hi again,

Hi was gifted with a beolink 5000, perfect to cancel a timer on my haunted BS2300.
Unfortunately, as usual, the screen is not well and the user guide (I have in genuine paper, do you believe that?) don't mention how to cancel timers.

Is there an easy key sequence i can press in the blind which will delete all timers on the Beosound?If so could someone tell it to me ?

It's sad to have that perfect condition remote useless because of that screen but on what I read here an here, it's not an easy fix…

All Replies

matador43
Top 100 Contributor
897 Posts
Bronze Member

Hi Alls,

I've entered the three sequences several time, each time waiting for what I interpret as an acknowledgement from the system:
After pressing "Clear", one pulse of the IR emitter, followed by 4 pulses after some seconds and 1 pulse 5-6 second after.

Unfortunately the system waked up again few minutes ago.

Are those sequences "toggle"? I mean, in my attempt to repeat them to clear every day, is it possible i just turned it on and off and on again ?

Guy
Top 50 Contributor
Buckinghamshire
1,947 Posts
Gold Member
Guy replied on Wed, Jun 24 2020 2:16 PM

No they are not 'toggle' - pressing the CLEAR button should do just that.  I can repeat the sequence without it setting more timers.

When I get a chance I will check the exact IR pulse acknowledgement sequence, to see if it agrees with your stated flashes and timings.

I suppose the lack of screen function could effect other functionality of the BL5000 - unusual but it wouldn't be the first time that seemingly independent components interfere (eg display lights in older Beomasters)

According to the service manual there is a way of resetting the BC2300.  It states that it removes the 'presets', but I think that this may be Radio presets rather than Timer events - perhaps others are aware?

matador43
Top 100 Contributor
897 Posts
Bronze Member

Guy:
According to the service manual there is a way of resetting the BC2300.  It states that it removes the 'presets', but I think that this may be Radio presets rather than Timer events

Hi Guy,

Can't recall where but I think we've already discuss that. If I remember correctly, BW member CB did try it and end up with an FM scale offset, so thats not a solution for me.

To be honest this is slowly become more of a challenge than an issue. The speakers are muted so there is no "armageddon" awakening!
Just annoying at the worst when listening to multiroom music and the unit switch to radio.

Anyway; maybe I'm just missing something, a little detail… 

Guy
Top 50 Contributor
Buckinghamshire
1,947 Posts
Gold Member
Guy replied on Wed, Jun 24 2020 9:53 PM

OK, a couple of things to try:

1. In each of the sequences, leave a pause of 5 seconds between STATUS and CLEAR (I think the Beocenter needs this time to tell the remote the details of the next timer event, before it can be cleared).

2. At the end of each sequence, after the Beocenter's IR lights have stopped flashing, press STOP  (I think pressing STOP clears the remote, ready to start a programming sequence again)

And some info with regards to the Beocenter's IR lights.

In each of the sequences, when I press STATUS:

- If no timer is set, the lights flash 4 times fast.

- If a timer is set, the lights flash 7 times fast. (This is logical because thew Beocenter is sending more info to the remote.)

And to confirm, when I get to the part where I press CLEAR:

- If no timer is set, I get one flash, followed by two flashes a few seconds later.

- If a timer is set, I get two flashes, followed by one flash a few seconds later.

...but I am really hoping that the requirement for a longer pause after STATUS is the solution!

matador43
Top 100 Contributor
897 Posts
Bronze Member

Guy:
OK, a couple of things to try:

Good night Guy,

I can't help but picture us like two crazy ethnologists trying to speak the IR language Smile
We're like two IR Champollions taking notes in front of our beocenters.

Anyway thanks again (4 IR flashes) for the time you take to observe all this. I'll try it and report as soon as I get a result.

All the best and good night (1 IR flash).

Big Smile

Guy
Top 50 Contributor
Buckinghamshire
1,947 Posts
Gold Member
Guy replied on Thu, Jun 25 2020 1:58 PM

Big SmileBig SmileBig Smile

Yes this is certainly quite a challenge ... hopefully we'll get there in the end! Geeked

matador43
Top 100 Contributor
897 Posts
Bronze Member

Hi everybody,

Here are the details of my attempt for today, following Guy's advices:

Play Timer:

PROG - DOWN - PLAY - STATUS (2 + 1 flashes) - CLEAR (no flashes)  then STOP (2 flashes).

A.Record Timer:

PROG - PLAY - DOWN -  STATUS (2 + 1 flashes) - CLEAR (no flashes)  then STOP (2 flashes).

V-Record Timer:

PROG - PLAY -  STATUS (1 flash) - CLEAR (2 flashes)  then STOP (2 flashes).

Results as usual at 12h30, stay tuned!

Beobuddy
Top 25 Contributor
Utrecht, The Netherlands
3,701 Posts
Founder
Beobuddy replied on Fri, Jun 26 2020 10:10 AM

If that doesn't help. Bring the BS2300 into testmode and erase it's presets and programs. Takes less than 5 minutes.

Guy
Top 50 Contributor
Buckinghamshire
1,947 Posts
Gold Member
Guy replied on Fri, Jun 26 2020 10:32 AM

^^  I think that you put a not-needed DOWN in the V.Record clear sequence - presumably a typo?

Looking at the flashes when you press CLEAR, it would seem that V.TAPE record could be the culprit.

@Beobuddy: We discussed a RESET earlier in the thread, but matador43 was concerned about mucking up the FM offset (and anyway, this is far more fun! Wink)

matador43
Top 100 Contributor
897 Posts
Bronze Member

Guy:
I think that you put a not-needed DOWN in the V.Record clear sequence - presumably a typo?

Yes it is. I will edit…

Beobuddy:
Bring the BS2300 into testmode and erase it's presets and programs. Takes less than 5 minutes

Guy, is right! CB reports shifting in the FM range after fiddling with memories inside that unit. DOnt really know how it is related or relevant but i dont want to take the risk. The Service manual is also not very clear on what that would actually erase: FM station programs or Timer programs.

Beobuddy
Top 25 Contributor
Utrecht, The Netherlands
3,701 Posts
Founder
Beobuddy replied on Fri, Jun 26 2020 11:21 AM

It's not that complicated.

I think that are numerous users that have changed their backup battery are now having wrong indications and sound settings. That's what happens after changing a backup battery. Every (sound/preset) setting is then random filled with data. Executing the erase function starts a routine to make sure that most settings are set to valid values. It might happen that the FM offset still is slightly off, but that's rather easily corrected.

I've had experiences in the past, where both the BL5000 or BL7000 couldn't show the play/light timers (No Timers was showed) and still the BC9500 kept playing in the morning. Executing the erase function helped and FM offset wasn't affected.
But I admit that it's a bit of a gamble.

matador43
Top 100 Contributor
897 Posts
Bronze Member
Suggested by Beobuddy

Well, it failed today again,

So i may consider Beobuddy's route. But not yet!

Beobuddy can you please elaborate on "that's rather easily corrected."

Thank you all. I'll keep trying !

matador43
Top 100 Contributor
897 Posts
Bronze Member

Ghost strikes again today :(

Guy:
Looking at the flashes when you press CLEAR, it would seem that V.TAPE record could be the culprit.

I was wondering if using the Beocenter to control V.Tape recording would would be likely as the unit doesn't have Masterlink?
I mean I think (but i dont know) they are converters and mysterious black boxes to do that, but woulnt it be the kind of features you demo but that aren't actually used because there is an easiest way to do that ? 

Guy
Top 50 Contributor
Buckinghamshire
1,947 Posts
Gold Member
Guy replied on Mon, Jun 29 2020 1:33 PM

matador43:
I was wondering if using the Beocenter to control V.Tape recording would would be likely as the unit doesn't have Masterlink?
I mean I think (but i dont know) they are converters and mysterious black boxes to do that, but woulnt it be the kind of features you demo but that aren't actually used because there is an easiest way to do that ? 

I think that the BC2300 was produced in an era when people had moved away from Audio Cassette tapes (to CD), but before there was a digital way to record video - hence VHS recorders were still being used.  The BC2300 could easily have been connected to a TV, either directly with audio-aux link or indirectly (via the 1611 converter to masterlink).  The owner then may have made use of V.TAPE 'audio only' record options - perhaps of a favourite radio programme that played during the same time each day.  I think that I read somewhere that such a setup gave a better audio recording than a cassette based system.

matador43
Top 100 Contributor
897 Posts
Bronze Member

Guy:
The owner then may have made use of V.TAPE 'audio only' record options

That rings a bell: I had a music teacher who told me once about audio recording on VHS tapes.
It's quite funny to imagine all the homes and peoples our second hand, sometimes very cheap paid second hand items  have seen!

Anyway, now the option is to wait a full week to see if at least some timers have disappeared.
In the meantime I will study Beobuddy option.

I'd really like to clear this timer because my next goal is to try to see that Beolink 5000 display again, even if for some hours only.
But right now I can't risk to damage it more than she is! 

Page 3 of 3 (45 items) < Previous 1 2 3 | RSS
Beoworld Security Certificate

SSL