Beoplay app 30 second of a track?

rated by 0 users
Not Answered This post has 0 verified answers | 8 Replies | 1 Follower

take10
Not Ranked
17 Posts
Bronze Member
take10 posted on Mon, Jun 1 2020 9:08 PM
I must be missing something obvious, but on the B&O app it only plays 30 seconds of the start of a track on Deezer before moving on.

For this reason I’ve never used it.

If someone can enlighten me I’d be most appreciative and will promise to adopt it and grumble wholeheartedly like the rest of you Wink

All Replies

mbolo01
Top 75 Contributor
Annecy - France
1,440 Posts
Gold Member
take10:

I must be missing something obvious, but on the B&O app it only plays 30 seconds of the start of a track on Deezer before moving on.

For this reason I’ve never used it.

If someone can enlighten me I’d be most appreciative and will promise to adopt it and grumble wholeheartedly like the rest of you

You may have a free Deezer account.

BS Moment, BS Core, BG 4002, BC 4500, BS1, BL18, BL19, BL8000 + RCV1, A6, M5, M3, A1, P6 (tks Botty), H5, TR1

take10
Not Ranked
17 Posts
Bronze Member
Thanks for the quick reply, but I have a Deezer HiFi account.

Have just tried logging out and back in but the same applies.
mbolo01
Top 75 Contributor
Annecy - France
1,440 Posts
Gold Member
What B&O product(s) are you using ? Have you verified that they are effectively connected to Deezer?

BS Moment, BS Core, BG 4002, BC 4500, BS1, BL18, BL19, BL8000 + RCV1, A6, M5, M3, A1, P6 (tks Botty), H5, TR1

Razlaw
Top 25 Contributor
3,912 Posts
Bronze Member
Razlaw replied on Mon, Jun 1 2020 10:41 PM
I have the same problem once or twice. However, for me, logging out of Deezer for the problem product in the B and O app and logging back in solved it, but you have already tried that and it did not work.

Beolab 50s Beolab 9s Beolab 12-3s Beolab 1s Beolab 6000s 2 pairs Beolab 4000s Beovision 7-55 Beovision 10-40 Beoplay V1 32 inch Beovision Avant 32 inch Beosound 1 (CD player) Beosound 3000 Beosound 5 Core Essence MKII Beoplay M5

take10
Not Ranked
17 Posts
Bronze Member
take10 replied on Mon, Jun 1 2020 10:52 PM
It’s an A9 Gen 2, works fine when Deezer is played directly through it, only the app has the issue.

I assumed there is a setting for the app to play a sample of a tune so you can check out a playlist quickly, but clearly not the case.

I’ll try deleting and reinstalling it.

Thanks for all the help folks!
mbolo01
Top 75 Contributor
Annecy - France
1,440 Posts
Gold Member

take10:

It’s an A9 Gen 2, works fine when Deezer is played directly through it, only the app has the issue.

Do you mean it works when the Deezer app is used and music sent to the A9 through Bluetooth, AirPlay or via Chromecast?

The B&O app is not a Deezer player, it does not send Deezer music to the A9, instead it is a Deezer controller that drives the music being played by the A9 which is itself connected to Deezer.

What you should check is that the A9 is properly configured for Deezer, I.e. going to the A9 configuration pages via the B&O app and check the Deezer connection parameters.

take10
Not Ranked
17 Posts
Bronze Member
Thanks for the reply, I’ll log out of Deezer on the A9 and then go back in.

Is the sound quality better through the B&O app than if I stream from the phone?
Hiort
Top 50 Contributor
Sweden
2,488 Posts
Bronze Member
Hiort replied on Thu, Jun 4 2020 6:27 PM
take10:

Thanks for the reply, I’ll log out of Deezer on the A9 and then go back in.

Is the sound quality better through the B&O app than if I stream from the phone?

When you use the B&O app, as you say, the stream is actually handled by the Deezer player in the A9.

If you airplay or chromecast to the A9 from your phone, you actually hand over the stream in a similar fashion.

So sound quality should be the same.

Livingroom: BL3, BL11, BV11-46 Kitchen: Beosound 1 GVA, Beocom 2 Bathroom: M3 Library: A6, Beocom 6000 Bedroom: M5 Office: Beocom 2 Travel: Beoplay E8 2.0, Beoplay P2

Page 1 of 1 (9 items) | RSS
Beoworld Security Certificate

SSL