Sign in   |  Join   |  Help

BeoSound Stage & (eclipse stand-alone speaker) Beosound Centre support For LG cx/GX

rated by 0 users
Answered (Verified) This post has 1 verified answer | 39 Replies | 1 Follower

ToeKneeAus
Not Ranked
54 Posts
Bronze Member
ToeKneeAus posted on Sun, May 31 2020 5:31 AM

I know that a BeoRemote 1 through a BeoSound Stage can control an LG C7/C9 and now CX tv.

The LG GX Gallery Design TV looks even more super slim that an CX - so i wondered whether the GX TV's would also be able to be controlled by the BeoRemote 1 through a BeoSound Stage ?

Im looking at moving on from BV7-40 - and now I know that (thanks to STBrackets) I can get a VESA bracket for my BV7-40 stand to attach the LG screen, and also a separate bracket to attach the BeoSound Stage - i could geta  B&O driven experience but with a top of the line OLED screen.

The GX looks to be even more slim line than the CX - minor for something thats going to hang on a B&O stand - but if it works....

Anyone got a GX + Beosound Stage - or have a way of knowing if the B&O app in the LG WebOS app store could run on a GX (and presumably have the same HDMI ARC & Ethernet connections) 

LG GX LG GX 55 inch with Gallery Design 4K Smart OLED TV w/ AI ThinQ®

LG CX LG CX 55 inch 4K Smart OLED TV w/ AI ThinQ®

STBrackets chat by B&O Manchester https://youtu.be/J_oLvEVcd5o

I love the fact that I can continue to use the BV7 stand with a new TV .... awesome job STBrackets guys ...

Answered (Verified) Verified Answer

flatwhite
Not Ranked
49 Posts
Bronze Member
Verified by ToeKneeAus

Can definately recommend the Eclipse SoundCenter approach if you can get hold of one. Hardest part is figuring out the bracket.

Using 55 SC with C9 65, 2 PUC controls and a pair of 8000s + Lab 2.

All Replies

AnalogPlanet
Top 150 Contributor
Vienna, Austria
672 Posts
Bronze Member

Well that is a really good point. When buying the Stage, I was never offered this "SoundCenter" option. Now I have C9 65 and Stage on BV7/40 stand and it is wonderful. If I ever get an offer to upgrade to the "next-gen" SoundCenter that is mountable to the STB mount... well I would!

ToeKneeAus
Not Ranked
54 Posts
Bronze Member

No spec sheet - but some progress on what it is and what the plugs are :

ToeKneeAus
Not Ranked
54 Posts
Bronze Member

And what it looks like .... 

Emil Jensen
Top 150 Contributor
Denmark
759 Posts
Bronze Member

Is this the Eclipse,

Or a standalone soundcenter (The long rumoured Eclipse V2)?

Beovision Harmony 77" 2nd Gen, Beolab 5, Beolab 17, Beosound 1, Beoplay M3, Beoplay Portal, Beoplay Earset, Beoliving Intelligence 

Haubjes
Not Ranked
37 Posts
Bronze Member
Haubjes replied on Fri, Jun 12 2020 10:37 AM

ToeKneeAus:

There certainly is a simplicity to the GX - but for a TV that is going onto an older BV7-40 stand (and likely never on a wall) - im still in two minds whether to go for the CX with the really thin upper half and the bulky bottom half.

After chatting with Premium Sound in Melbourne during the week - ive also started to think whether the Eclipse Soundcenter 55" at AU $6.5k makes sense to add to the LG tv - as it should mean i can still reuse my lab 6000's which are still going strong.

Luckily the speaker (Stage or standalone Eclipse Sound Center) can be a later decision - i'll get the TV first - then the STBrackets to attach to the BV7 stand.

I gotta say that B&O really dont advertise the standalone Eclipse Sound Center existence at all .... Ive asked for a spec sheet for it so ican see dimensions and mounting options - hopefully to get some way to attach to the BV7 stand too..

Its great to have choices ...

Does anybody know the retail price of the sound centre in Europe (Netherlands)?

If I convert AUD 6.5k, it works out just below €4k, which is less than I expected. 

Any insights?

Top 150 Contributor
521 Posts
Bronze Member
1990 replied on Fri, Jun 12 2020 1:28 PM

That seems to beetje basic retail price cut in half? Relative price of the screen must be much less than that what Luxussound is stating.

NickPG
Not Ranked
25 Posts
Bronze Member
NickPG replied on Fri, Jun 12 2020 2:29 PM

What's the list price for the Eclipse Soundcentre? 

Was considering picking up a Stage but would like the ability to upgrade to surround sound.

Beoplay A9 MkII, BeoLab 4000, BeoSound Essence MkII

NickPG
Not Ranked
25 Posts
Bronze Member
NickPG replied on Fri, Jun 12 2020 2:29 PM

Does anyone know the UK list price for the Eclipse Soundcentre? 

Was considering picking up a Stage but would like the ability to upgrade to surround sound.

Also what stand would I need for the Eclipse Soundcentre?

Beoplay A9 MkII, BeoLab 4000, BeoSound Essence MkII

355f
Top 500 Contributor
cambridge/london
119 Posts
Bronze Member
355f replied on Fri, Jun 12 2020 3:31 PM

ToeKneeAus:

And what it looks like .... 

What is that awful piece of plastic hanging down below the speaker, If this is the version 2  could B&Onoit even be bothered to remove that abhorrence

vlohjr1
Top 150 Contributor
547 Posts
Bronze Member
355f:

What is that awful piece of plastic hanging down below the speaker, If this is the version 2 could B&Onoit even be bothered to remove that abhorrence

That’s glass which houses all the connections I think
moxxey
Top 25 Contributor
South West, UK
5,355 Posts
Bronze Member
moxxey replied on Fri, Jun 12 2020 6:47 PM

355f:

What is that awful piece of plastic hanging down below the speaker, If this is the version 2  could B&Onoit even be bothered to remove that abhorrence

I thought exactly the same thing - it's clearly designed to accompany the Eclipse. Why would someone want this? And for that price? I'd just get a Stage!

moxxey
Top 25 Contributor
South West, UK
5,355 Posts
Bronze Member
moxxey replied on Fri, Jun 12 2020 6:49 PM

vlohjr1:

That’s glass which houses all the connections I think

Surely it's the bottom part of the Eclipse screen (or a dummy part)?

Beobuddy
Top 25 Contributor
Utrecht, The Netherlands
3,940 Posts
Founder

moxxey:

I thought exactly the same thing - it's clearly designed to accompany the Eclipse. Why would someone want this? And for that price? I'd just get a Stage!

Only this can be used with your other speakers.

vlohjr1
Top 150 Contributor
547 Posts
Bronze Member
Beobuddy:

Only this can be used with your other speakers.

And wisa and connection for motorised stand
Page 2 of 3 (40 items) < Previous 1 2 3 Next > | RSS
Beoworld Security Certificate

SSL