This post has 31 Replies | 0 Followers

Millemissen
Top 10 Contributor
Flensborg, Denmark
Posts 13,121
Bronze Member
Millemissen Posted: Thu, May 28 2020 10:15 AM

The Harmony 88” is arriving.

Those with big rooms and/or big moneybags can look forward to it arriving end June.

https://www.flatpanels.dk/nyhed.php?subaction=showfull&id=1590650483

MM

There is a tv - and there is a BV.

Hiort
Top 50 Contributor
Sweden
Posts 2,482
Bronze Member
Hiort replied on Thu, May 28 2020 12:29 PM
Amazing setup with the 88”.

Wish I had both the money and the living room Big Smile

Livingroom: BL3, BL11, BV11-46 Kitchen: Beosound 1 GVA, Beocom 2 Bathroom: M3 Library: A6, Beocom 6000 Bedroom: M5 Office: Beocom 2 Travel: Beoplay E8 2.0, Beoplay P2

Puncher
Top 10 Contributor
Durham
Posts 11,650
Bronze Member
Puncher replied on Thu, May 28 2020 7:08 PM

Does the lack of replies reflect how out of touch this is?

Ban boring signatures!

BOBrb
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 76
Bronze Member
BOBrb replied on Thu, May 28 2020 7:16 PM

at the price you can take two.Big Smile

kuyttendaele
Top 150 Contributor
Posts 559
Founder
“Finally here...” would have been my reaction to an Eclipse v2 or another B&O TV in the 40” to 55” range.
vlohjr1
Top 150 Contributor
Posts 457
Bronze Member
vlohjr1 replied on Thu, May 28 2020 8:26 PM
Just out of interest there is some sort of backing for the 88 LG when mounted on the harmony Given that it is a GX panel and it is flat and thin I wonder how this is done
9 LEE
Top 10 Contributor
Eastbourne, UK
Posts 7,122
Founder
9 LEE replied on Thu, May 28 2020 8:31 PM

Is it just me, or is that yet another truly awful photograph?

BeoLab 90's would never be in that position. The two random chairs look ridiculous, and the Harmony looks lost (and at a terrible angle) too!

People who want an 88" Harmony will know their stuff, surely? When will B&O hire photographers who can appeal to people with real homes, and real setups.

Thankfully, there are no vacant looking hipsters present. That's a positive at least....

moxxey
Top 25 Contributor
South West, UK
Posts 5,023
Bronze Member
moxxey replied on Thu, May 28 2020 8:55 PM

9 LEE:

If I had a huge white wall that size I'd either use a projector making use of the huge space to have a cinema-style display from the ceiling or put the biggest wall-mounted TV on there. Why would you have a floor-mounted TV in front of a big wall?

Perplexing. That was my first observation.

matador43
Top 100 Contributor
Posts 893
Bronze Member
matador43 replied on Thu, May 28 2020 9:03 PM

9 LEE:

At least, they are truth to the fact that any Beolab need at least one wire ! Big Smile

Dillen
Top 10 Contributor
Copenhagen / Denmark
Posts 11,715
Founder
Dillen replied on Thu, May 28 2020 9:24 PM

Is that supposed to be a home?

Martin

Millemissen
Top 10 Contributor
Flensborg, Denmark
Posts 13,121
Bronze Member

Dillen:

Is that supposed to be a home?

Martin

No, that is a second (or third) home ;-))

MM

There is a tv - and there is a BV.

Dillen
Top 10 Contributor
Copenhagen / Denmark
Posts 11,715
Founder
Dillen replied on Thu, May 28 2020 9:39 PM

Where are the emergency exit signs?
I would want to use the nearest.

Clearly, this must be for people with so much money they've lost their mind.
And why not BL90s at the rear? Couldn't they afford it?     Losers...

Martin

Daniel
Top 75 Contributor
Svinarp, Sweden
Posts 1,547
Bronze Member
Daniel replied on Thu, May 28 2020 9:46 PM

It’s ridiculous regarding “price per inch”!

65’’ = 2 054 SEK/inch

77’’ = 2 312 SEK/inch

88’’ = 5 670 SEK/inch

Esax
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 189
Bronze Member
Esax replied on Thu, May 28 2020 10:24 PM
Daniel:

65’’ = 2 054 SEK/inch

77’’ = 2 312 SEK/inch

88’’ = 5 670 SEK/inch

It’s 8k vs 4k

Beovision 7-55 MK1 red, Beolab 10 red. Beolab 50, all black. Beolab 17 broken ice. Beolab transmitter. Apple tv4 and apple express 2.

Emil Jensen
Top 150 Contributor
Denmark
Posts 521
Bronze Member

vlohjr1:
Just out of interest there is some sort of backing for the 88 LG when mounted on the harmony Given that it is a GX panel and it is flat and thin I wonder how this is done

It is because it is a ZX screen,

Link 

But yes very nice detail with the changing colours behind the screen.

Beovision Eclipse, Beolab 5, Beolab 17, Beosound 1 Google assist, Beoplay M3, Beoplay H6, Beoplay Earset 

Emil Jensen
Top 150 Contributor
Denmark
Posts 521
Bronze Member

9 LEE:

BeoLab 90's would never be in that position. The two random chairs look ridiculous, and the Harmony looks lost (and at a terrible angle) too!

People who want an 88" Harmony will know their stuff, surely? When will B&O hire photographers who can appeal to people with real homes, and real setups.

Thankfully, there are no vacant looking hipsters present. That's a positive at least....

Wait what? what do you mean about the BEOLAB 90, and you sit spot on for the Harmony in the sofa?

I do not agree about the real homes statement, it would not look good in pictures.

But I do not think that the angle are the best, and why no pictures of the screen closed?

Beovision Eclipse, Beolab 5, Beolab 17, Beosound 1 Google assist, Beoplay M3, Beoplay H6, Beoplay Earset 

Emil Jensen
Top 150 Contributor
Denmark
Posts 521
Bronze Member

moxxey:

9 LEE:

If I had a huge white wall that size I'd either use a projector making use of the huge space to have a cinema-style display from the ceiling or put the biggest wall-mounted TV on there. Why would you have a floor-mounted TV in front of a big wall?

Perplexing. That was my first observation.

I have had projectors a couple of times, and it is a big hassle. and you are not able to use it when there is sun, and clearly this room have a lot of daylight in it.

But yes i would think the Harmony would normally be wall mounted in this setup. But a non Harmony would not look good in a room like this, one giant big black box. The Harmony is brilliant in making it self smaller, so why no picture of this??? I dont know...

Emil Jensen
Top 150 Contributor
Denmark
Posts 521
Bronze Member

Esax:
Daniel:

65’’ = 2 054 SEK/inch

77’’ = 2 312 SEK/inch

88’’ = 5 670 SEK/inch

It’s 8k vs 4k

8K vs 4K does not matter,

But it is LG pricing, as the 88" is brand new and expensive to produce right now.

Remember a 55" OLED 1080P did cost 89.900 Danish kr. at launch. In two to three years a lot more people will buy the 88" when the price comes down.

Hiort
Top 50 Contributor
Sweden
Posts 2,482
Bronze Member
Hiort replied on Fri, May 29 2020 8:20 AM
Another promotion pic.

Think the ”Bronze” finish on the stuff looks stunning. Agree it’s not everyones setup with BL50 as rears Stick out tongue.

Livingroom: BL3, BL11, BV11-46 Kitchen: Beosound 1 GVA, Beocom 2 Bathroom: M3 Library: A6, Beocom 6000 Bedroom: M5 Office: Beocom 2 Travel: Beoplay E8 2.0, Beoplay P2

Hiort
Top 50 Contributor
Sweden
Posts 2,482
Bronze Member
Hiort replied on Fri, May 29 2020 8:23 AM

Daniel:

65’’ = 2 054 SEK/inch

77’’ = 2 312 SEK/inch

88’’ = 5 670 SEK/inch

Maybe better in favour of the 8K 88" if you calculate a per pixel price Wink

laseralex
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 92
Bronze Member
laseralex replied on Fri, May 29 2020 9:18 AM

$50,000        Beovision Harmony

$ 85,000       Beosound 90

$ 50,000       Beosound 50

========================

$185,000       Total (USD)

I wonder how that compares to global housing prices.

2x Beosound Moment
4x Beosound Essence Mk II
3x Beolab 8000
1x Beolab 6000
1x Beolab 3
3x Beolab 2
3x BeoPlay M5
1x BeoPlay A6
9x Essence Remote

mbee
Top 50 Contributor
Paris, France
Posts 1,734
Bronze Member
mbee replied on Fri, May 29 2020 9:51 AM

Hiort:
Think the ”Bronze” finish on the stuff looks stunning. Agree it’s not everyones setup with BL50 as rears Stick out tongue.

Woaw! That's the first time I see a B&O official picture with the speakers connected to the mains!!!

boskonay
Not Ranked
Posts 74
Bronze Member
boskonay replied on Fri, May 29 2020 9:54 AM

While great to see B&O still making TVs, there are so many compromises here that boggle. 8K, HDR is wonderful, so why not pair it with Atmos and more modern sound formats?

Give me a 'proper' BS5 any day! 

poodleboy
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 276
Bronze Member
poodleboy replied on Fri, May 29 2020 11:28 AM

mbee:

Hiort:

Woaw! That's the first time I see a B&O official picture with the speakers connected to the mains!!!

And it doesn't appear the TV needs cables!

Ferdinand
Top 150 Contributor
Malmö, Sweden
Posts 472
Bronze Member
Ferdinand replied on Fri, May 29 2020 12:34 PM
kuyttendaele:

“Finally here...” would have been my reaction to an Eclipse v2 or another B&O TV in the 40” to 55” range.

I agree!
Barry Santini
Top 150 Contributor
New York
Posts 510
Bronze Member
These aren’t just halo products.

They’re hail marys.

The last thing B&O needs to stay in the game is hail marys.

B
Hiort
Top 50 Contributor
Sweden
Posts 2,482
Bronze Member
Hiort replied on Fri, May 29 2020 3:18 PM

boskonay:

While great to see B&O still making TVs, there are so many compromises here that boggle. 8K, HDR is wonderful, so why not pair it with Atmos and more modern sound formats?

Give me a 'proper' BS5 any day! 

My LG OLED B9 65" can output Atmos, so I assume GX does too. A waste that the Soundcentre does not provide the possibility to add height speakers.

politician
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 131
Bronze Member

9 LEE:

Yes, you certainly wouldn't get good audio results from that layout.

I have pretty much the same system at home, except I have a BeoVision 4-103 instead of an 88" Harmony.

My listening position forms an exact equilateral triangle with the Lab 90s: my dealer and I laid it out down to the centimetre using tape measures.

What's the point of spending all that many and then not using the technology to best effect?

Mikipidia
Top 75 Contributor
Posts 1,322
Gold Member
Mikipidia replied on Fri, May 29 2020 7:49 PM
Do people forget that the LG part is the most expensive? The b&o bit barely changes from size to size in terms of pricing.

New: Beovision Harmony, Beolab 50's, Beolab 18's, Beolab 17's, Beolab 3's, Beosound 9000 mk3, Beosound Stage & LG, Beosound 2, Beoplay M3, Beoplay A1, Beoplay H4 gen 2, Beoplay E8 3.0

Mikipedia on YouTube (finally Stick out tongue )

https://www.youtube.com/c/Mikipedia

Old: Beovision Eclipse, Beolab 1's, Beolab 2, Beovision 10-46, Overture 2300, beolab 8000's, Beolab 4000's, Beovision avant 32" etc. etc.

DR
Not Ranked
Copenhagen
Posts 2
Bronze Member
DR replied on Fri, May 29 2020 8:51 PM

Well, the Eclipse Sound Center 65 is 46% more expensive than the 55 - this makes NO sense! The Harmony Sound Center 65 has the same price as the 77 (can't find the 88s price) - which is twice the price of the 55 Eclipse Soundcenter.

think that a 5-10% higher price for a larger size would be fair. Once again I say that I would happily pay the list price for a 55 Eclipse Sound Center (without the awful black (glass?) piece below the speaker, and the need for an expensive wall mount). I would not like to pay the list price for the 65/77 Harmony Sound Center for a 55 LG CX...

AnalogPlanet
Top 150 Contributor
Vienna, Austria
Posts 576
Bronze Member

I like the design of Harmony even if it is prohibitively expensive. Version of 88" is I guess well depicted in the room where 50s are used as rear speakers. Well, the fact I can't afford it simply means I am not a target group. 

moxxey
Top 25 Contributor
South West, UK
Posts 5,023
Bronze Member
moxxey replied on Fri, May 29 2020 10:46 PM

Emil Jensen:

But yes i would think the Harmony would normally be wall mounted in this setup. But a non Harmony would not look good in a room like this, one giant big black box. The Harmony is brilliant in making it self smaller, so why no picture of this??? I dont know...

I think you're missing the point. If I had a big white wall like that, I'd use it far more productively than sticking a Harmony on my wall! I'd had a huge flush LG 88" OLED. Forget the Harmony. Perhaps Stage underneath, then two BL90s.

I've just purchased my LG GX 55" + Stage. If it's a good setup, I'll get the GX 65" + Stage for the other room.

Page 1 of 1 (32 items) | RSS
Beoworld Security Certificate

SSL