rated by 0 users
Not Answered This post has 0 verified answers | 21 Replies | 1 Follower

carreracs
Not Ranked
44 Posts
Bronze Member
carreracs posted on Wed, May 20 2020 2:03 PM

Hi!

Just got my RJ-45 —> phono cable from Sounds Heavenly today. I want to use my Bose amplifier and outdoor speakers on my terrace with my B&O app, even though the BS Essence mk I doesn’t support multiroom.

Has anyone else got a similar setup?

When playing through the Essence, it doesn’t wake up the Bose SA-3 amplifier, altough the SA-3 is supposed to work with other products than Bose. I have turned on the switch on the amplifier so that it should turn on automatically when the Essence is playing music.

Yes, I am aware that I am asking about Bose on a B&O forum, but am hoping someone else has tried the same. Another solution could be to buy a BeoLink Passive, but I do prefer to get what I have working, if possible.

Thanks 😊

Regards,

Christian

All Replies

carreracs
Not Ranked
44 Posts
Bronze Member

Well, as long as I can’t choose this in the menu, I can’t do it. In the mk II menu, yes, mk I, no. Seems to me B&O have changed the menu/options.

Christian

Millemissen
Top 10 Contributor
Flensborg, Denmark
14,181 Posts
Bronze Member

I think I know that pic ;-)

Since it is mentioned there, it might be that there were more options for configuring the 1st gen Essence with a previous firmware.

Unfortunately I am not able to test this.

With the Playmaker this was done using Beo4.

Maybe it can be done in a similar way, when an ir eye is connected to the Essence.

However that won’t help the op.

MM

There is a tv - and there is a BV.

carreracs
Not Ranked
44 Posts
Bronze Member

But why on earth would they cut these options? Very disappointing :-/

Christian

Millemissen
Top 10 Contributor
Flensborg, Denmark
14,181 Posts
Bronze Member

carreracs:

But why on earth would they cut these options? Very disappointing :-/

Christian

If cut and not just hidden......probably because only very few used the Essence MK1 that way - to simplify the setup.

MM

There is a tv - and there is a BV.

carreracs
Not Ranked
44 Posts
Bronze Member

So B&O claims that this was never an option, and that nothing has been removed, so this picture stating that the volume must be set to "Fixed output" must be of the mk II?

Here is what they wrote:

Our headquarters have replied.
Unfortunately the Mark 1 Essence remote is fundamentally different from the Mark 2 and the option you have on the later model was introduced as one of the improvements over the earlier one. Unfortunately this improvement cannot be implemented on the Mark 1.

If there is anything else we can assist you with, please do not hesitate to contact us again.

carreracs
Not Ranked
44 Posts
Bronze Member

Success at last!

Got the Bose SA-3 to turn on, but not without a fight. I can turn on the radio (TuneIn) via the B&O app or music via Spotify, but have to choose AirPlay to get Spotify working. Then I must turn the volume up to close to max, and then the amplifier turns on. Then I can actually control the volume with my phone :) I can't turn it up really loud, but that isn't important, since this is just for background music outside during the summer months….

Thanks for your help and input.

Christian 

Page 2 of 2 (22 items) < Previous 1 2 | RSS
Beoworld Security Certificate

SSL