rated by 0 users
Not Answered This post has 0 verified answers | 9 Replies | 0 Followers

sergi0
Not Ranked
75 Posts
Bronze Member
sergi0 posted on Thu, May 14 2020 5:16 PM

Hello BO folks ! 

I have a BV Avant 75 with 3 sources : French STB, Shield TV and Zappiti 4K player. 

Everything is connected to the HDMI ports of the TV and the PUC 1, 2 and 3 for having them controlled by the TV remote. It works flawlessly. 

I want to use an Atlona Juno in order to have different 4K source with HDCP (shield for Netflix and Zappiti for NAS). So basically the OUT of the Atlona will be on the HDMI1 of the TV and all the devices will be plugged on it. 

Here is my question.... There are only 3 PUC connector (1, 2 and 3) and I need a 4th one to control the Atlona. I saw that each PUC connector is labeled as A+B and I have plug with 2 sensors at the end, so I am assuming that I can assign PUC1A to a device and PUC1B to another one and thus, having a maximum of 6 devices controlled by IR. 

How do I make the difference between IRA and IRB ?  

Cheers, 

Serge

All Replies

Millemissen
Top 10 Contributor
Flensborg, Denmark
14,604 Posts
Bronze Member

Sollte eigenlich ganz einfach sein.

Du machst das, was auf dem Bildschirm steht (eventuell die blaue Taste drücken für die Hilfe), wenn das Geràt/der HDMI-anschluss konfiguriert wird.

Müsste verständlich sein, auch wenn es hier in dänisch ist.

MM

There is a tv - and there is a BV.

Millemissen
Top 10 Contributor
Flensborg, Denmark
14,604 Posts
Bronze Member

Ouups - just noticed....you’re writing in english - sorry ;-(

So - pretty easy.

Just follow the instruction on the screen, when you set up the device/the HDMI port.

For the help function push the blue arrow, if not already shown.

MM

sergi0
Not Ranked
75 Posts
Bronze Member
sergi0 replied on Fri, May 15 2020 6:24 AM

Thanks ! 

Yes that is pretty well explained by B&, but my PUC IR connector has 2 differents sensors, how do I know which one is A and which one is B ? 

In your pictures, how do you differentiate between you BR player and your Oppo devices ? Both are plugged on the PUC2 ports. 

Millemissen
Top 10 Contributor
Flensborg, Denmark
14,604 Posts
Bronze Member

They should be labelled!

Otherweise try it out - can’t do much harm there.

No problem in differentiating - one is A, the other B - each port carries 2 PUC connections.

MM

L Spad
Top 500 Contributor
Brighton
263 Posts
Bronze Member

Yeah, it’s annoying - they should be labelled but often aren’t. My approach is to hold one of the two emitters in your hand to obscure the signal and work out which is A and B by process of elimination. Remember to label them once you’ve worked it out!

sergi0
Not Ranked
75 Posts
Bronze Member
sergi0 replied on Fri, May 15 2020 11:54 AM

Thanks guys ! I will try that knowing it is a simple as I thought, but did not believe it was so simple :)

Millemissen
Top 10 Contributor
Flensborg, Denmark
14,604 Posts
Bronze Member

The ones, that I have - the official ones from B&O - are labelled.

Just noticed that the ones from Steve/Soundsheavenly don’t seem to be.

https://soundsheavenly.com/televisions/60-ir-transmitter-blaster-for-beosystem-4-beoplay-v1-and-beovision-11avant-rj45-control-socket.html

@Steve

Please correct me, if I am wrong.

Nonetheless - it isn’t that hard to test it, when setting up.

MM

sergi0
Not Ranked
75 Posts
Bronze Member
sergi0 replied on Mon, May 18 2020 2:53 PM

The one I originally when I bought the TV were just one IR blaster. But the one I bought had 2 blasters. 

I labelled them...

sergi0
Not Ranked
75 Posts
Bronze Member
sergi0 replied on Mon, May 18 2020 2:53 PM

The one I originally when I bought the TV were just one IR blaster. But the one I bought had 2 blasters. 

I labelled them...

Page 1 of 1 (10 items) | RSS
Beoworld Security Certificate

SSL