rated by 0 users
Answered (Verified) This post has 1 verified answer | 16 Replies | 2 Followers

mikeknight
Not Ranked
4 Posts
Bronze Member
mikeknight posted on Mon, May 4 2020 11:13 AM

Hello All

I am here because i am having a small Problem and my local Bang & Olufson dealer does not know how to resolve it without spending over 4k in new products. Or he just doesn't want to... :) 

I have a LG OLED65C8 and two BeoLab 6000, i would like to connect them without spending a lot of money on an AVR. 

What are my options ? I tried to use the Headphonejack on the TV but this results in horrible sound. Sadly the tv has no other analog outputs. 

Thanks a lot in advance. 

Mike

Answered (Verified) Verified Answer

butch1
Top 200 Contributor
381 Posts
Bronze Member
Verified by mikeknight

I will stand by my option of the S8 connection hub, it’s the cheapest and logical solution, and was designed for your installation, you can even connect a airport express or alternative to the other input.

Cheaper than a core, essence, or bs3, no converters needed or poor headphone sound quality.

All Replies

Steve at Sounds Heavenly
Top 50 Contributor
The cable workshop, Leics, UK
1,889 Posts
Gold Member

Hi Mike,

Welcome to Beoworld!

Yes, I can help!  Basically, you have three options if you wish to use the speakers with a non-B&O TV:-

1) Connect two Beolab speakers to the headphone socket of the TV for stereo sound, with volume control from the TV remote, or

2) Connect the TV and all of the Beolab speakers to a Beosound music system (if you have one) for stereo sound through all speakers, with volume control from the B&O remote, or

3) Add an external AV receiver with pre-out sockets (expect to pay from around £500 GBP in the UK) to allow all of the speakers to be connected for full surround sound with control from the receiver remote control, or

4) Add a pre-owned Beosystem 3 or 4 for surround sound, although this will limit you to 1080p picture resolution.

I can help with the connections for any of the above options.  If you can please let me know your preferred option, I will be pleased to advise on the cabling required.

Steve.

www.soundsheavenly.com

Sounds Heavenly are proud to sponsor BeoWorld!

andybandy
Top 500 Contributor
123 Posts
Bronze Member

Buy a beosound core. Best option.

then you also have a music system with your beolab 6000, When you not want to see TV.

you need an pre-amplifier with volum control. 
So beosound core is the best option.
yes you can buy cheaper box from other Brand, but not work the same.

mikeknight
Not Ranked
4 Posts
Bronze Member

hi 

thanks for all the sugesstions.

@Steve: 

1. I tryd that, sounds horrible

2. I do not have a BeoSound music system

3. Sounds good, but those AV Receivers with pre-out sockets are a bit expensive... 

4. Not an option, i have 4K TV and 4K content is getting more

@andybandy

The thing with the BeoSound Core is that i cant control volume with the TV remote or a Logitech Harmony, right ? 

I forgoth to mention, that i use a Apple TV on this TV and i have a Logitech Harmony Hub, so if i could use one remote for everything that would be amazing. 

Sounds like a AV Receiver is the only way to go, to keep it simple...

leosgonewild
Top 50 Contributor
2,067 Posts
Bronze Member
Buy a HDMI ARC audio extractor:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/392077129374

This model is the one I use with my LG C7.

Fixes all the issues you have.
mikeknight
Not Ranked
4 Posts
Bronze Member

Interessting, and volume control still works ?

leosgonewild
Top 50 Contributor
2,067 Posts
Bronze Member
Yes. Some units has developed noise on the 3.5mm (it is amplified).

The rca outputs have no noise, but they won’t let you blast full volume.

Plug and play Big Smile
chartz
Top 25 Contributor
Burgundy, France
3,957 Posts
Gold Member
I have used my Beolab 6000 columns on my TV for years, via the headphone output. I just bought a 3.5 jack to RCA adapter. 😊

They auto-mute and wake up without any issues.

No need to buy anything else really.

Oh, and Chromecast/Google home does play Spotify music too.

But I don’t use it for that.

Jacques

leosgonewild
Top 50 Contributor
2,067 Posts
Bronze Member
chartz:

I have used my Beolab 6000 columns on my TV for years, via the headphone output. I just bought a 3.5 jack to RCA adapter. 😊

They auto-mute and wake up without any issues.

No need to buy anything else really.

Oh, and Chromecast/Google home does play Spotify music too.

But I don’t use it for that. Jacques

The LG Bx and Cx Oleds has noise on the six output. That is why an external device is needed.
butch1
Top 200 Contributor
381 Posts
Bronze Member
Suggested by butch1

Beoplay S8 connection hub is your answer, you connect to your LG with optical lead, connect beolab a to hub and you can control volume with your TV remote.

I have one for sale just now £220 with QED performance cable.

Jaffrey2230
Top 150 Contributor
Washington DC
447 Posts
Silver Member

My current set-up I have the LG projector (same same processing as the new LG TV you have) headphone out to a Beosound Core and Core connected to BL 11, which are then connected to BL 6000. The sound is excellent for my bedroom. I went with the Core because I can just AirPlay music now without. needing to turn on the Projector. However, even direct connection from TV to BL 11 via headphone out sounds good to me.

I don't have any AVR in any of my set ups (see my sig) and happy with the sound quality.

My B&O Home: 

• Beolab 8002 + Beolab 2 + Beosound Core with Essence Remote (Office)
  • Beolab 6000 + Beolab 11 + Beosound Core (Bedroom)
  • Beoplay A9 Mk2 (Living Room)
  • Beosound 1 with wireless dock (Portable)
  • Beoplay M5 (Dining)
  • Beoplay H95 (Focused listening, travel)
  • Beoplay H9 (3rd gen) (retired)
  • Beoplay P6 (Portable)
  • Beotime wall clock (hallway entrance)
  • Beoremote X (better than Eclipse and Halo Big Smile)

lawrencejmcook
Top 150 Contributor
463 Posts
Founder
Mike,

A cheaper alternative to BeoSound Core (about half the cost) would be a second-hand BeoSound Essence MkII. It has most of the functionality of the Core for your purpose.

An Essence MkI would be as good as the MkII for the limited purpose of sitting between a non-B&O TV optical out and BL6000s analog in, but without B&O multi-room and speaker optimisation. It would be cheaper still.

Just watch out for Spotify / Deezer / other streaming source compatibility differences between the three devices, if those matter to you.

Lawrence
Millemissen
Top 10 Contributor
Flensborg, Denmark
13,424 Posts
Bronze Member

The connection from an optical-out from the LG tv however would require an optical to analog converter, since the Essence only has an analog-in connection.

Instead a HDMI Extractor could be used.

But then the Essence would be sufficient, yes.

MM

There is a tv - and there is a BV.

butch1
Top 200 Contributor
381 Posts
Bronze Member
Verified by mikeknight

I will stand by my option of the S8 connection hub, it’s the cheapest and logical solution, and was designed for your installation, you can even connect a airport express or alternative to the other input.

Cheaper than a core, essence, or bs3, no converters needed or poor headphone sound quality.

mikeknight
Not Ranked
4 Posts
Bronze Member

I tried the headphone jack, but thats not working for me, a lot of white noise on it and the speakers dont turn off when the TV is off. 

I think i will try the S8 connection hub, my B&O dealer seems to have one avilable for testing. 

Page 1 of 2 (17 items) 1 2 Next > | RSS
Beoworld Security Certificate

SSL