rated by 0 users
Not Answered This post has 0 verified answers | 18 Replies | 1 Follower

thorne
Top 500 Contributor
285 Posts
Bronze Member
thorne posted on Sun, Apr 12 2020 12:31 PM

Hi

set up is Eclipse, 2 Beolab 18 front speakers, 2 Beolab 6000 rear speakers,  Beolab 2 subwoofer, ATV, Beosound 9000 in living room

Could I buy a wireless speaker for the conservatory which would play all my ATV music and the  CD player?

if so, how exactly would that work, and which speaker would you recommend?  I don’t want to spend too much!

Thanks

All Replies

Millemissen
Top 10 Contributor
Flensborg, Denmark
13,424 Posts
Bronze Member

To play music from iTunes you don’t need to use the AppleTV.

You can use any iOS device to access it and from there send (via AirPlay) to any AP device.

Of course you can do that with the Homepod as well.

However there is no way, that you can access/play from the 9000 using that.

What I have described as ‘linking the devices’ is a Bang & Olufsen feature.

MM

There is a tv - and there is a BV.

Millemissen
Top 10 Contributor
Flensborg, Denmark
13,424 Posts
Bronze Member

Here is how to upload pics

https://forum.beoworld.org/wikis/memberspages/post-and-upload-pics.aspx

MM

There is a tv - and there is a BV.

Sandyb
Top 50 Contributor
1,798 Posts
Bronze Member
Sandyb replied on Mon, Apr 13 2020 5:36 PM

Remember there are different ways to distribute music to multiple speakers (multi room).

B&O has long had its own protocol, called Network Link (NL).

Some B&O products (not the Beolab speakers) like the A9, M3/5, BS1/2 etc, which are one point music systems / speakers in their own right, can form part of a multi room Network linked experience, but are in the main also equipped with Airplay 2. So both options are available for multi room here.

Those speakers equipped with Airplay (your Eclipse and you Apple TV are both Airplay capable / receivers) can receive and play music from an Apple device (iPad, phone, Apple TV itself).  When you start music playing on one of these devices, you can select numerous speakers (Airplay capable) from an iOS device to achieve multi room - very simple.

The difference with B&O's NL protocol is this - anything that is playing on a NL product (like your Eclipse) can be distributed. This can be done using the B&O app, a Beoremote, or physically tapping another NL product (like an M3 for ex), and it was just join in - what is playing on you Eclipse for example.

Its very easy - both ways are - though some (myself included) like the ability (with B&O's NL) to just wander into a room hands free and tap a product to get it to join something playing in a different room. For example if I have a record playing on my lunge turntable, I sometimes wander into my bedroom and just tap my A9, which will join in. (no need to reach for a phone / tablet).

Your 9000, if connected to your Eclipse, should be join-able in your conservatory in exactly the same way, unless there is a quirk I'm missing.

thorne:

Thanks millemissen and andybandy , that’s really useful. By ATV music I mean the music on the music app on ATV, basically all my music on iTunes 

one final question and I’ll leave you in peace!  The other speaker on my short list is the Apple Homepod 

Any advantages/disadvantages over the M3?  Would I still be able to play my downloaded music and CDs from the 9000?

Thanks so much for all your help

P.S I am absolutely delighted with my setup, and would love to upload a picture onto the forum. Is that easy to do?

andybandy
Top 500 Contributor
123 Posts
Bronze Member

If would us a iPad/iPhone with all my music on, and push it true Airplay 2 to all my B&O speakers/TV. 

Or you can start apple tv, and your itunes library and push the sound the other way, but feel that's its little bit old school. instead off use your phone/tablet as a remote control for your music. 

Apple HomePod, i never try, but why not have a M5 instead :) Thats its little bit more expensive, but its wurth any extra money compare to m3. 

I never try to upload picture, so not sure.. :) 

Page 2 of 2 (19 items) < Previous 1 2 | RSS
Beoworld Security Certificate

SSL