rated by 0 users
Not Answered This post has 0 verified answers | 0 Replies | 0 Followers

Haoyin
Not Ranked
1 Posts
Bronze Member
Haoyin posted on Fri, Apr 10 2020 3:23 AM

Hi Guys,

I am new to the forum. I am hoping someone can help me out. 

I have purchased beoshapes and beolab 19 initially meant as a stand alone speaker unit for listening to music. Since then, I have been considering to buy a pair of beolab 18’s to be my main TV speakers. 

My question is, can I hook up the beolab 18’s and beolab 19 to a non-B&O TV as my main speaker source for the TV using the WISA transmitter and beocore but when I am not using the TV, can I run the the beolab 18/19 and beoshapes simultaneously together to listen to music? 

I was told that this is possible by the dealer but reading in the forum makes me second guess the dealer. Someone said that there’s a sound delay from the TV to the beolab 18’s and the way to solve this is to disable the optical in delay of the beocore but once this is disabled, I cannot use the multi-room function hence will not be able to connect the beoshapes wirelessly together with the beolabs to listen to music. Is that correct? Is there a solution to this?

Also, some people have commented that they cannot seem to get the beolab 18 and 19 to work properly as they had issues with the 19 working when connected to the 18’s. I am not very good at this but seems that I read they were using something called essence to connect the 18’s and the 19’s.

I would really-really appreciate help from you guys expert at this. I really want to use the 18’s and 19’s as a TV speaker and also connect the whole unit to beoshape to listen to music when not using the TV. 

Thank you very much in advance. 

Page 1 of 1 (1 items) | RSS
Beoworld Security Certificate

SSL