BEOVISION 7-32 MK3 + apple tv 4k

rated by 0 users
Not Answered This post has 0 verified answers | 27 Replies | 1 Follower

Stevenlowry
Not Ranked
22 Posts
Bronze Member
Stevenlowry posted on Wed, Apr 8 2020 8:32 PM

Hi I have had this tv for many years. And loved every second however over the last week I've got extremely annoyed.

For the last year I have used my 4k apple tv on it with no issues.. Connection was set to DVI-I with no problem. All of a sudden it stopped working so I imagined it was the cable and ordered another.. Still the same issue ( screen was just coming back fuzzy)

I thought it was the port so I choose to try the component.. Tried an Xbox 360 and it worked straight away with the connection set to YPGRP or whatever.

Ordered another cable this time a HDMI to component.. Once I tried this cable I got absolutely nothing from the tv.

I've tried resetting the Apple TV which works on another tv.. I've tried the resolution which shows up for a second with lines across and then disappears... I'm completely lost. Someone please help me as the only use for the Apple TV is this.. Otherwise I've wasted 150 or whatever

All Replies

Stevenlowry
Not Ranked
22 Posts
Bronze Member

Guy would this work

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07PTNQTN8/ref=cm_sw_r_apa_i_ldWJEbMX75ZXC

It comes with the cable - so I don't think I would need that?

Guy
Top 50 Contributor
Buckinghamshire
2,494 Posts
Gold Member
Guy replied on Thu, Apr 9 2020 12:31 PM

^ Yes, it should work!

Stevenlowry
Not Ranked
22 Posts
Bronze Member

Hi guy

So I've ordered 

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B003PTZQI4/ref=cm_sw_r_wa_apa_i_RMWJEb2H4MD8S

And

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00A8FIQXA/ref=cm_sw_r_wa_apa_i_uOWJEbFJ9N5BY

What are your thoughts? Should it be a simple plug and play?

Guy
Top 50 Contributor
Buckinghamshire
2,494 Posts
Gold Member
Guy replied on Thu, Apr 9 2020 1:01 PM

Stevenlowry:
What are your thoughts? Should it be a simple plug and play?

Yes it should be.  As long as your TV settings are correct (for the component input), and you still may have to use the MENU/VOLUME method to get the ATV to cycle through the various output resolutions until you discover one that works.

Stevenlowry
Not Ranked
22 Posts
Bronze Member

Please pray for me otherwise I'll probably throw the tv out of the window.. Might need a couple of you to help me!

DrDimitris
Top 150 Contributor
Greece
694 Posts
Founder

I cannot understand your issue as i have aN ATV4 on my BV7-32. I only noticed recently after an update of ATV4 that i had to change the resolution of my ATV to 720p SDR 60Hz with HDMI output set to YCbCr. Works flawlessly

Dimitris-

Stevenlowry
Not Ranked
22 Posts
Bronze Member

Basically one day mine just stopped working. I have tried changing the resolution to no avail.

What exact settings are you using?

Stevenlowry
Not Ranked
22 Posts
Bronze Member

Also are you connected via dvi?

Barry Santini
Top 150 Contributor
New York
541 Posts
Bronze Member
DrDimitris:

I cannot understand your issue as i have aN ATV4 on my BV7-32. I only noticed recently after an update of ATV4 that i had to change the resolution of my ATV to 720p SDR 60Hz with HDMI output set to YCbCr. Works flawlessly

Dimitris-

Exactly how is yours connected?
DrDimitris
Top 150 Contributor
Greece
694 Posts
Founder

At the time being through BSYS3 which i implemented recently.

Just before with HDMI to DVI-I BUT!! (my mistake) that was ATV3. I implemented ATV4 only after acquiring BSYS3. So yes the sound issue which exists with ATV4 and BV7-32 has to be dealt with an extra cable (HDMI extractor i believe where you can separate image from sound signal)

Dimitris-

Stevenlowry
Not Ranked
22 Posts
Bronze Member

Sorry what is the bsys3?

DrDimitris
Top 150 Contributor
Greece
694 Posts
Founder

Beosystem3

Dimitris-

Fabianf
Not Ranked
Norway
14 Posts
Bronze Member

Hello! 

Tried a separate post, but hopefully posting my question (same as OP) here will get some attention :)

Today I thought I could upgrade from a ATV 3rd.gen to an ATV 4k. For years I have used an ATV 3.gen connected to my BV7-40, with no problems what so ever.

I thought that upgrading my ATV to a new generation would be as easy as swapping the mains and HDMI-plug and adding an audio extractor in-between.

Unfortunately it isn't going that well. 

There is no video (or audio) coming from the new ATV. I tried to connect it directly into the Beovision, without the extractor, but that didn't help a thing.

If I plug the ATV 3rd. gen back there is video right a way, but when I swap to the new one it is all blank...

I tried the "Menu + volume down" but no success. 

The guy I bought the ATV from says he disconnected it just before I bought it, so I assume the output is working.

Is there something I'm not doing right?

Kind regards and thanks in advance for helping!

-Fabian-

Page 2 of 2 (28 items) < Previous 1 2 | RSS
Beoworld Security Certificate

SSL