Not Answered This post has 0 verified answers | 6 Replies | 0 Followers

Austin
Top 500 Contributor
United States
82 Posts
Bronze Member
Austin posted on Tue, Apr 7 2020 3:41 PM

Hello!

Has anyone had experience using dual Beolab 2 subwoofers in a setup before? I have two Beolab 3s with a BL2 and Essence MKII. Found a decent deal on another BL2 and was thinking of adding. I mainly listen to music. Used to own a pair of BL5 so wondering if it will get me closer to that. 

Any experience or thoughts?

All Replies

StUrrock
Top 100 Contributor
983 Posts
Bronze Member

Used to love Beolab 2s for films, really made an entrance!

For music 1 sounded so loose and over sustained (due to passive dive drivers), so two would make that even worse.

The fantastically accurate bass of the BeoLab5s was a sheer joy!

Millemissen
Top 10 Contributor
Flensborg, Denmark
13,047 Posts
Bronze Member

I am not quite sure that two BL2’s would be worse.

Usually two subwoofer in a room can give you better control over the room modes.

However, it takes a lot of testing and moving around to find out what is best place for the subwoofers.

And you can’t be sure that it is ‘worth it’.....if you are into experimenting with how sound behaves, you should do it - otherweise not.

I agree with StUrrock that it will not come nowhere near, what you can have with 2 BL5’s.

MM

There is a tv - and there is a BV.

beojeff
Top 75 Contributor
USA
1,652 Posts
Bronze Member

I use 2 BL2 subwoofers. I found that adding the 2nd subwoofer really made the sound seem more "balanced" and natural somehow. MM is right in that you must experiment to find the right spot for placement.

Jaffrey2230
Top 200 Contributor
Washington DC
306 Posts
Bronze Member

I don't think it will get you anywhere near a BL 5. However, dual BL 2 with BL 3s will be better than a single BL 2. While I don't have dual BL 2 in my set-up due to space, I would do it in a heartbeat if I could. The set up is pretty simple with Beolabs. 

B&O products I use by zones in my home: 

Platform: Apple Home with Google Wi-fi (mesh), 100% streaming audio (Sirius XM, Apple Music, YouTube Music); TV/Office: Beolab 8002 (Red) + Beolab 2 [Sony 65A1E OLED TV, Apple TV 4K];  Living: Beoplay A9 (MK2), Bedroom: Beolab 6000 (Red) + Beolab 11 + Beosound Core [LG UST Projector, Apple TV 4K]; Beoplay M5 Dining: Apple HomePod; Portable: Beosound 1, Beoplay P6, BeoPlay H9 (3rd Gen). 

Esax
Top 500 Contributor
187 Posts
Bronze Member
Esax replied on Tue, Apr 7 2020 8:48 PM
Go for it.

I had beolab 9 as fronts and beolab 3 as rears plus 2 belolab 2. All conected to my bv7-55. Used the subwoofers both to movie and music. It rocks and I agree it sounds more balanced with 2 of them.

Beovision 7-55 MK1 red, Beolab 10 red. Beolab 50, all black. Beolab 17 broken ice. Beolab transmitter. Apple tv4 and apple express 2.

Austin
Top 500 Contributor
United States
82 Posts
Bronze Member
Austin replied on Tue, Apr 7 2020 11:28 PM

Great! I will give it a try! Looking forward to hearing it in person. 

Page 1 of 1 (7 items) | RSS
Beoworld Security Certificate

SSL